HELP building AOSP for different devices

Search This thread

MashDro!d

Jan 25, 2020
hi,
I've been working on customizing the android framework through AOSP for a couple of months now and have grasped the internal structure of the system fairly decently. But my builds have always been targeting pixel devices which is quite simple and doesn't require any knowledge of how the build system works.
I want to start building my custom ROMs for other devices but haven't been able to find any good resources on the topic. I'm trying to stay on the AOSP tree and want to avoid using the LineageOS tree as much as possible.
ANY kind of help in directing me towards the right path is greatly appreciated.

mlaws90

May 23, 2012
Chicago, IL
I wish I had found some resources back in the day. On a Pixel 4 XL right now. I made ROMs for Nexus 5 and 7, maybe 10(know I had it for a bit). And Galaxy s2. I've been out of the loop a while, wanted to jump back in to custom ROMs and such but didn't expect my GOOGLE pixel to be OEM locked, can't unlock bootloader when on the lease afaik.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 02:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 AM ----------

Not sure what to tell ya man. I was hoping to build ROMs again like the past. But didn't do much research first. I used to cherry pick from diff sources on Gerrit to combine their feature sets.

Reactions: MashDro!d

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I wish I had found some resources back in the day. On a Pixel 4 XL right now. I made ROMs for Nexus 5 and 7, maybe 10(know I had it for a bit). And Galaxy s2. I've been out of the loop a while, wanted to jump back in to custom ROMs and such but didn't expect my GOOGLE pixel to be OEM locked, can't unlock bootloader when on the lease afaik.

---------- Post added at 02:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 AM ----------

Not sure what to tell ya man. I was hoping to build ROMs again like the past. But didn't do much research first. I used to cherry pick from diff sources on Gerrit to combine their feature sets.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone