Help building CM11 - NOOB question

Search This thread

lewisville

Aug 21, 2013
This is the first time I am trying to build android from source. I am trying the CM11 build for OnePlus. I went through a very good guide here .

When I run the command
Code:
repo sync
I am getting following error

Aborting
Syncing work tree: 100% (473/473), done.

error: cts/: platform/cts checkout 765b820795e31348e2300e742c3e856ee0789a02

Also, I think I must have messed up something with the local_manifest.xml file. When I run the build command
Code:
breakfast bacon
here is what I get

Code:
including vendor/cm/vendorsetup.sh
Looking for dependencies

============================================
PLATFORM_VERSION_CODENAME=REL
PLATFORM_VERSION=4.4.4
CM_VERSION=11-20140818-UNOFFICIAL-bacon
TARGET_PRODUCT=cm_bacon
TARGET_BUILD_VARIANT=userdebug
TARGET_BUILD_TYPE=release
TARGET_BUILD_APPS=
TARGET_ARCH=arm
TARGET_ARCH_VARIANT=armv7-a-neon
TARGET_CPU_VARIANT=krait
HOST_ARCH=x86
HOST_OS=linux
HOST_OS_EXTRA=Linux-3.13.0-34-generic-x86_64-with-Ubuntu-14.04-trusty
HOST_BUILD_TYPE=release
BUILD_ID=KTU84Q
OUT_DIR=/home/nitin/cm11/out
============================================

When I run the command
Code:
brunch bacon
, it seems like it is not finding some directory.

I can see "root" and " system" in the "out" folder i.e under "out/target/product/bacon", but do not find the "recoveryXXX.img" file.

Here is the local_manifest.xml file I am using.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
<project path="device/oneplus/bacon" name="CyanogenMod/android_device_oneplus_bacon" remote="github" revision="cm-11.0" />
<project path="device/oppo/msm8974-common" name="CyanogenMod/android_device_oppo_msm8974-common" remote="github" revision="cm-11.0" />
<project path="device/oppo/common" name="CyanogenMod/android_device_oppo_common" remote="github" revision="cm-11.0" />
<project path="device/qcom/common" name="CyanogenMod/android_device_qcom_common" remote="github" revision="cm-11.0" />
<project path="kernel/oneplus/msm8974" name="CyanogenMod/android_kernel_oneplus_msm8974" remote="github" revision="cm-11.0" />
<project path="hardware/qcom/display-caf-new" name="CyanogenMod/android_hardware_qcom_display-caf-new" remote="github" revision="cm-11.0" />
<project path="hardware/qcom/media-caf-new" name="CyanogenMod/android_hardware_qcom_media-caf-new" remote="github" revision="cm-11.0" />
</manifest>

If this is not the right forum, please let me know and I will move this to appropriate forum.

Can someone please help or guide me to the right place?

Murrda

Apr 30, 2013
Long Island, NY
It's not the right forum, any questions should be asked in the Questions and Answers section, also this is not original development since you are building an already existing rom from an already existing repository...

For the first part where you are getting a repo sync error when checking out looks to me like at that current moment the source is possibly broken.. Sometimes those things happen when pushing something to a large tree of multiple devices or just something borked to a single device could temporarily break the source you are trying to sync up with, hence the "checkout" error...

I feel like you are missing some info on what you are trying to explain. I'll have to look at your post in a moment since right now this reply is the only thing on my screen.. I'll re-read what you wrote and post back in a few moments..

---------- Post added at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 PM ----------

My apologies I thought this was original android... You are in the right place.. My fault dude

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

Wait a minute........ This was in original android lol.... I guess it was moved as I was typing the response lol... So yes you were in the wrong place and now you are in the right place....

lewisville

Aug 21, 2013
It's not the right forum, any questions should be asked in the Questions and Answers section, also this is not original development since you are building an already existing rom from an already existing repository...

For the first part where you are getting a repo sync error when checking out looks to me like at that current moment the source is possibly broken.. Sometimes those things happen when pushing something to a large tree of multiple devices or just something borked to a single device could temporarily break the source you are trying to sync up with, hence the "checkout" error...

I feel like you are missing some info on what you are trying to explain. I'll have to look at your post in a moment since right now this reply is the only thing on my screen.. I'll re-read what you wrote and post back in a few moments..

---------- Post added at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 PM ----------

My apologies I thought this was original android... You are in the right place.. My fault dude

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

Wait a minute........ This was in original android lol.... I guess it was moved as I was typing the response lol... So yes you were in the wrong place and now you are in the right place....

:laugh: Finally in the right place. Any suggestions? Do you need additional information? I am doing it for the first time so any help would be highly appreciated.

[email protected]

Nov 7, 2011
Sow how did you fix dis error?

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

Well i got it fixed. I just removed everything in the cts folder and did a new sync.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    :laugh: Finally in the right place. Any suggestions? Do you need additional information? I am doing it for the first time so any help would be highly appreciated.

You can hit me up on hangouts and I can help you through it
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone