• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Help, Can I flash a new TWRP over a recovery in progress?

Search This thread

Line321

Oct 27, 2021
Hello Everyone,

I used the TWRP-3.5.2-guacamole-FBEv2-Nebrassy.img to flash recovery. Unfortunately when doing the adb side load (the 3rd try) for the partitions I received the message Unable to decrypt FBE device, failed to decrypt data, Unable to decrypt with default password, you may need to perform a format data.

update 0ct 29 early afternoon: which I did, but didn't change. I did both partition A and B.

So my idea is: wrong TWRP.img

1.How can I remove the wrong img and put the correct one in? Preferably not using the sd-card or is that the only way?
2.Can I go back to fast boot? How?
3.Do I need to turn the phone of, because it won't?
4. OR can I flash the correct TWRP-3.5.2-guacamole-Nebrassy-2.img and then -in team win- choose the option POWER OFF? and will this just overwrite the incorrect TWRP?

update oct 29 midday: I managed (don't know how) to get back in to Fastboot so I thought I could flash the correct TWRP, but ended up with the old TWRP and also noticed that I flash a=everything in partition A instead of B.
So I didn't change anything concerning the partitions but found that it should all be happening in B.
Because I did it in A, did I kill my phone?

update oct 29 evening:
so I did the UP DOWN POWER button 3 times:
- 1st time nothing happened
- 2nd time I got the correct start boot screen but unfortunately with partition A (need partition B)
- 3rd time it went back to OxygenOS, hahaha so now I can start all over again

who says computer's are pure logic! they have a mind of their own....

hopefully I won't mess up the next time I attempt flashing everything,
Line321

Last edited:

Line321

Oct 27, 2021
update:

I can't find anywhere (via startpage) how to reflash, also because I can't seem to get back into Fastboot. Can't power off except via team win but the when in boot loader it says POWER OFF instead of START at the top of the screen.

What can I do?

update:
with the 3 key combination up down power the phone (after 3 attempts) went back to stock.

Kind regards,
Line321

Last edited:

Line321

Oct 27, 2021
fastboot erase recovery

can I use the above command to erase the current unfinished TWRP on my phone?

Please let me know, because I am not intelligent enough to find an answer on google.

Greets,
Line321

Last edited: