Help can't SBF my Droid 2 - Linux/Windows

Search This thread

1upyours

Apr 17, 2010
I can not for the life of my get my Droid 2 back to its original state. I've tried both the Windows (RSDLite) and Linux method. Both of them fail. I pray that someone can help me, since I do not have insurance on my device it would cost a pretty penny to get a new one.

For Windows, these are the tools i've tried and FAILED:
1. RSDLite
  • RSDLite 4.7 w/ patch
  • RSDLite 4.8
  • RSDLite 4.9
  • Moto Connect 4.7
  • Moto Connect 4.8
  • 10 different versions of the SBF file
This is my output from FlashErrorLog02_10_16_45_02
hXXp://pastebin.com/fcAxMVB6 (replace XX with TT)

2. For Linux, these are the tools i've tried and FAILED:
  • sbf_flash v1.08
  • sbf_flash v1.11
  • 10 different versions of the Droid 2 SBF
This is my error output:
SBF_Flash 1.11 -> hXXp://pastebin.com/pL5urNm8 (replace XX with TT)
SBF_Flash 1.08 -> hXXp://pastebin.com/SpQcnfm1 (replace XX with TT)

I am hoping someone here could help me. I've spent the last 3 days trying this and reading over 1000++ threads and different methods.

Last edited:

Nibblit

Jan 19, 2011
California
I can not for the life of my get my Droid 2 back to its original state. I've tried both the Windows (RSDLite) and Linux method. Both of them fail. I pray that someone can help me, since I do not have insurance on my device it would cost a pretty penny to get a new one.

For Windows, these are the tools i've tried and FAILED:
1. RSDLite
  • RSDLite 4.7 w/ patch
  • RSDLite 4.8
  • RSDLite 4.9
  • Moto Connect 4.7
  • Moto Connect 4.8
  • 10 different versions of the SBF file
This is my output from FlashErrorLog02_10_16_45_02

2. For Linux, these are the tools i've tried and FAILED:
  • sbf_flash v1.08
  • sbf_flash v1.11
  • 10 different versions of the Droid 2 SBF
This is my error output:

I am hoping someone here could help me. I've spent the last 3 days trying this and reading over 1000++ threads and different methods.

Did you check your PC's Firewall, my dear?

Sent from my marginally bricked D2.

1upyours

Apr 17, 2010
I've tried another round of trying to fix my phone w/ Firewall disabled. I've used 8 different computers to see if it was mines that was acting up. I've tried to flash the SBF through WinXP SP2/SP3, 2000, Vista 32bit/64bit, Windows 7 32bit/64bit and Ubuntu.

I don't understand why this is happening to me :\ I'm using my old Blackberry in the meantime until I could figure out how to flash this correctly. I don't know what i'm doing wrong?

Anyone got any advices? :(

newk8600

Aug 19, 2010
Northglenn
Sorry I didn't get back to you through PM I've been a little busy. Have you tried flashing the D2 2.37 Bootloader? (I believe that's what it is, you need the newest, but the old one won't hurt anything.) Maybe something's mucked on yours. But I'm not sure. What's the history of the device maybe that will lead to a solution?

Sent from my DROID2 using XDA App

1upyours

Apr 17, 2010
My Droid 2 is currently using Bootloader D2.37. I've refreshed and reloaded the Bootloader.. I've also tried to downgrade it in attempt to see if it'd do anything, but it seems to not allow me to - says Failed. I followed a thread somewhere on this site.

These are the problems i'm encountering which is leading to me wanting to restore my phone.

About a week ago, my phone suddenly Force Closed on everything I attempted to open. At the moment, I was sending a text. I then rebooted my device, and oddly enough, all my "new" text I sent were gone. It only restored the last time my phone was in a usable state. Seems to not save anything I do on my phone prior to the reboot. I'm not sure what the heck the deal is. My phone still works, but every few hours I must reboot my phone.

I've already tried multiple times to Wipe Data/Cache, Uninstall Apps (once I reboot, they all come back), and deleting Bootstrap through ADB/Terminal and reinstalling. I can't even get into Bootstrap.. I just can't seem to do anything with my device. Everytime I remove or delete something, the next reboot will bring them back.

Has anyone ever heard of this weird issue? I've tried searching to see if this has happened to anyone elses Droid 2, but it seems i'm the first to encounter this :(

newk8600

Aug 19, 2010
Northglenn
These are the problems i'm encountering which is leading to me wanting to restore my phone.

About a week ago, my phone suddenly Force Closed on everything I attempted to open. At the moment, I was sending a text. I then rebooted my device, and oddly enough, all my "new" text I sent were gone. It only restored the last time my phone was in a usable state. Seems to not save anything I do on my phone prior to the reboot. I'm not sure what the heck the deal is. My phone still works, but every few hours I must reboot my phone.

I've already tried multiple times to Wipe Data/Cache, Uninstall Apps (once I reboot, they all come back), and deleting Bootstrap through ADB/Terminal and reinstalling. I can't even get into Bootstrap.. I just can't seem to do anything with my device. Everytime I remove or delete something, the next reboot will bring them back.

Has anyone ever heard of this weird issue? I've tried searching to see if this has happened to anyone elses Droid 2, but it seems i'm the first to encounter this :(

Are you sure you're correctly rooted and you have never flashed clockwork or ROM manager without installing and running bootstrap?

If you are 100% sure then I think you have a deeper issue than some messed up hardware or something like that. I can't think of anyway that would happen unless you had some program make a backup and reinstall it every boot or so and that would be weird.

What ROM's have you used? Do you have any kind of back up software that could be interfering with your setup? Do you have a backup you can restore to?

Sorry I can't help you more. This is a really strange issue.

1upyours

Apr 17, 2010
1. Yup I am correctly rooted. I have the Superuser app, and even did a check to assure my root was intact by downloading Titanium Backup to verify my device was rooted.

2. I've installed ROMs before. When I rooted (Nov '10) I used Z4Root, and Bootstrap Recovery then installed Fission 2.2.1/2

3. Aside from downloading Titanium Backup to verify my Root. Nope, I do not use any type of backup.

4. Yes, I have a fresh backup I could restore to if I was able to get into CW Recovery.

I am thinking I should give up. I've been trying to get this fixed for about 8 days now. I'm going to be picking up a Droid 2 Global today from a Craigslist’s seller.

newk8600

Aug 19, 2010
Northglenn
Have you tried turning the D2 off completely then plugging it into your wall charger while off. Then while it's plugged in and off turn it on. You might have to press power twice to get past the charging screen but if everything is fine you should hopefully be in clockwork if it's still on your phone and then you can try and restore the backup.

Have you tried a different usb cable?
Also it should still be under waranty at least from moto but you might see if VZW can help you (if that's where you got it)

Sent from my DROID2 using XDA App