• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Help Clarifying Combination File needed for G960W Firmware Flash

Search This thread

XyZenos

May 14, 2021
Hi, I'm new to the forum and was wondering if someone could help me just clarify a few things specific to my S9 that I am trying to remove frp from.​
After trying a lot of the youtube guides on bypassing the FRP using the "easy tools" and failing I thought of reflashing the OS. Since that doesn't exactly just work and you need a combination file, I was looking to figure out what combo file I need. The number from recovery menu is 10/QP1A.###/G960WVLS7ETH1 and the IC on the back of the phone is 649E-SMG960U.​
I found a tutorial saying you can make the combination file from the official firmware, but after getting that from SamMobile I could not find the sboot.bin.Iz4 in BL section. Then I tried looking online for a faster download of my firmware but none had the exact numbers right or the correct files in BL. (They had the right Ap files though). I also tried looking for a combo file directly but the same problem is I don't know the exact numbers/version that I need to make sure its correct for me to apply it into ODIN.​
I found a few links to combo files but they are all usually for android 8​
I just need to figure out what the software version (or baseband version?). Some threads say your phone model number must be the same and others say it only matters for the processor to be the same. Can I download the G960U files instead of a G960W or am I reading the wrong thing. Also can someone help with the bootloader version / build version. I think it is bootloader version 7 but its in place of the U that is written in most guides. and then the revision would be 1 right?​
Just would like some confirmation that I am looking for the right file. By what I have looked into so far the combo file with version G960U + android 8, bootloader version 7, and revision 1 will work regardless of the other numbers. or does it have to be G960W? F? X? any letter that has the same processor? Anything else I need to make sure of, is there an easier way to remove frp?​
Any help is appreciated, Thanks!​

Last edited:

XyZenos

May 14, 2021
Update: Finally got into my frp locked S9. For anyone wondering I went with the combination file titled: COMBINATION_FAC_FA80_G960USQU7ASJ1_FACFAC_CL13230190_QB26521439_REV01_user_mid_noship_MULTI_CERT.tar that I got from the second link above.
I can conclude that the version of android does not make a difference since the combination file is simply like entering safe mode on your device. I'm not an expert but the SM-G960U file worked on SM-G960W phone and I made sure to get a file with same boot loader version and revision number, ignoring the letters that tell dates. From there I was able to OEM unlock and then reinstall the latest firmware I got from SamMobile.

ThroatRip

Jul 29, 2021
Hi, I also needed to remove the google frp on my phone. I've tried so many different solutions online but nothing would work. ive tried every file in the link you've posted. a lot would Fail when it was loading it into my phone through Odin. always got Auth Fail or some other failure. some would cause infinite boot loop. some i couldnt use because it had password protection to unzip, i doubt it would have worked anyway lol.
My phones recover screen code or PDA? was G960WVLU9FUE2 I do not know what any of the letters or numbers mean after G960w, but i assume the 9 and the 2 are what are important and no files online match those numbers in the same file. I actually didnt find any combination files for U9 without needing to pay for it.

In the end i ended up just guessing the pattern password. I found a glitch that lets me keep guessing without a timer cool down. Now idk if this glitch is caused by my attempts of using these combination files then restoring it with the files from sammobile. but the glitch is easy to do.
First i did a factory reset. then when it boots up it asks to enter a network then to enter the pattern or sign into google. i dont know both so i started guessing the pattern. after a few tries it starts giving a timer cool down. I noticed you can bypass this timer by simply turning the screen off and on, then u can attempt again. when you fail the timer is still counting down from the previous attempt. like a 30 second cool down, but after screen turn off and a failed guess, the timer would be counting from like 22 seconds. then another attempt the timer would be at like 8 seconds until it resets back to 30 seconds when the timer runs out after another failed attempt.

I hope this info helps others get into their phones if Odin can't help you. Even if guessing passwords is a long tedious task.
Here's a tip for guessing node patterns. most people start from the top left corner and usually only use 5 maybe 6 nodes.