• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[HELP] - Class 4 32GB microSD Card broken!

Search This thread

ItBankRock

Jan 14, 2012
Lipa City
Hey guys I need help with my microSD card 32GB Class 4... It got broken yesterday while I was using it in our car. I recieved a notification from my Acro S saying something like "SD Card unexpectedly removed... please unmont it first bla bla bla" So I was like... "Huh? Wtf... okay let me restart this" I restarted the device and nothing happened, still nothing... I tried re-inserting the card and still nothing... I thought it was a ROM problem but it wansn't. I tried my old 4GB class 4 microSD Card and it worked on my phone. I tried inserting that 32GB card on a card reader and plugged it in my pc and it was nothing also... I tried inserting that 4GB card to the reader and it worked. So I finally decided that it was the card itself. I also tried inserting that 32GB Card on my old android phones like the Xperia X10 and Acer Liquid E Ferrari edition, and it was still nothing.

I bought it last Dec. 30, 2012 for FRIGGIN' $50! (when converted). Seriously guys any help? ALL OF MY MUSIC, PHOTOS, VIDEOS, MOVIES, DOWNLOADS ARE IN THERE!!!

It just pissed me off to the max.

As far as I can remember, here's the things I did before that disaster happened:
- Took some photos with ported Xperia V cam app (like 4 pics)
- Did a titanium backup for Xperia Home and protected the backup files because I'm gonna switch to the Xperia Z one and I was afraid of losing my hard home setup (widgets and stuff) if I don't like the Z launcher (P.S. ALL OF MY F*CKING TITANIUM BACKUPS ARE STORED IN THAT 32GB CARD!)

Here's my other thoughts why it happened
- My device is getting hot so fast... probably that's why... it cooked up the card.

Pics of my card:
DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

Last edited:

RISHI RAJ

Mar 2, 2012
New Delhi
Hey guys I need help with my microSD card 32GB Class 4... It got broken yesterday while I was using it in our car. I recieved a notification from my Acro S saying something like "SD Card unexpectedly removed... please unmont it first bla bla bla" So I was like... "Huh? Wtf... okay let me restart this" I restarted the device and nothing happened, still nothing... I tried re-inserting the card and still nothing... I thought it was a ROM problem but it wansn't. I tried my old 4GB class 4 microSD Card and it worked on my phone. I tried inserting that 32GB card on a card reader and plugged it in my pc and it was nothing also... I tried inserting that 4GB card to the reader and it worked. So I finally decided that it was the card itself. I also tried inserting that 32GB Card on my old android phones like the Xperia X10 and Acer Liquid E Ferrari edition, and it was still nothing.

I bought it last Dec. 30, 2012 for FRIGGIN' $50! (when converted). Seriously guys any help? ALL OF MY MUSIC, PHOTOS, VIDEOS, MOVIES, DOWNLOADS ARE IN THERE!!!

It just pissed me off to the max.

As far as I can remember, here's the things I did before that disaster happened:
- Took some photos with ported Xperia V cam app (like 4 pics)
- Did a titanium backup for Xperia Home and protected the backup files because I'm gonna switch to the Xperia Z one and I was afraid of losing my hard home setup (widgets and stuff) if I don't like the Z launcher (P.S. ALL OF MY F*CKING TITANIUM BACKUPS ARE STORED IN THAT 32GB CARD!)

Here's my other thoughts why it happened
- My device is getting hot so fast... probably that's why... it cooked up the card.

Pics of my card:
DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

I guess only format will help

Sent from my Xperia S using xda premium

dyarmchuk

Apr 7, 2013
Probably need professional recovery - try recoverfab

I had almost the exact same problem with my 4gig micro SD card in my HTC One V. Everything seemed to be fine, then one day I got a notice on my phone saying "SD card removed unexpectedly". I figured, no problem, I’ll just take it out and put it back in, no big deal. But after several tries it appeared that wasn’t going to work. It was just never recognized. So I tried the card in my Mac, no dice. I tried it in my camera, and my laptop, nothing. It wouldn’t mount on anything. I was pretty upset, since that card had lots of pictures, videos and music on it that I was really desperate to keep (I’m talkin pictures of a recently deceased friend here). I took to the internet, and it seemed that other people who had the same issue had to send the disk out for professional recovery. Almost every single one of them swore by this company in Germany called recoverfab.com, so I sent them my disk. Within a day of getting the disk, they were able to post all of the contents, including a preview of the pics. They can be a bit pricey, but if your data means that much to you (like it did to me), it’s well worth it. I would definitely go with them.

Vaith

Feb 15, 2011
I had almost the exact same problem with my 4gig micro SD card in my HTC One V. Everything seemed to be fine, then one day I got a notice on my phone saying "SD card removed unexpectedly". I figured, no problem, I’ll just take it out and put it back in, no big deal. But after several tries it appeared that wasn’t going to work. It was just never recognized. So I tried the card in my Mac, no dice. I tried it in my camera, and my laptop, nothing. It wouldn’t mount on anything. I was pretty upset, since that card had lots of pictures, videos and music on it that I was really desperate to keep (I’m talkin pictures of a recently deceased friend here). I took to the internet, and it seemed that other people who had the same issue had to send the disk out for professional recovery. Almost every single one of them swore by this company in Germany called recoverfab.com, so I sent them my disk. Within a day of getting the disk, they were able to post all of the contents, including a preview of the pics. They can be a bit pricey, but if your data means that much to you (like it did to me), it’s well worth it. I would definitely go with them.

Lol? Are you blind? Look where you post it. It's SXS section! Moderator please ban him and delete this post... Or buy him glasses.

Sent from my LT26i using xda developers-app

Felimenta97

Aug 5, 2011
Ribeirão Preto
Lol? Are you blind? Look where you post it. It's SXS section! Moderator please ban him and delete this post... Or buy him glasses.

Just because he has (or even had) a One V, he isn't allowed here? That could have happened with his secondary phone, or old phone. We don't know. The way you spoke, seems that only S/Acro S/Ion users are allowed here... I guess I will remember that, when I get a new device... Not to help you.

And, also, His answer, from every other, was the most helpful.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk HD

---------- Post added at 11:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 AM ----------

First, thanks for the helpful answer. This is going to my favorites list for the service you recommended. Second: Don't care about Vaith and his silly answer. Third, sorry for your loss

Vaith

Feb 15, 2011
I own a Xperia mini pro and Xperia ion,and I sometime use my mini pro to reply in ion,Acro S and S thread

Sent from my LT28h using xda premium

No problem. He is asking for help for his One V in SXS section. Something is wrong. It's like I asked for help in SGSIV for help for my SXS.

Felimenta97

Aug 5, 2011
Ribeirão Preto
No problem. He is asking for help for his One V in SXS section. Something is wrong. It's like I asked for help in SGSIV for help for my SXS.

He did not asked for help . He told the story for us, helping the OP using the One V as a real example. Both the OP and the other guy said that it didn't worked with many other devices. So it isn't a problem with the phone, but with the SD Card.