Help DZ noob to flash KitKat onto it

Search This thread

ch3mn3y

Sep 11, 2011
Seaside Voivodeships
www.xperiasite.pl
So today I got Desire Z. It's nice, I really love Sense 2.1 (or mostly it's LockScreen), but KK (with it :) ) would be better.

Now, as it's old phone and old forum, cannot find what and how to do.
I found this:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/htc-desire-z/help/complete-guide-to-root-downgrade-t3332619

Is that would I need to do or there is something easier?

Right now I have stock 2.42.405.3 and available update (6,55Mb so probably .4) and HBOOT-0.85.0013 with S-OFF (so previous user probably was playing with this device).

What I should do now?

demkantor

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 10, 2011
mpls
So today I got Desire Z. It's nice, I really love Sense 2.1 (or mostly it's LockScreen), but KK (with it :) ) would be better.

I found this:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/htc-desire-z/help/complete-guide-to-root-downgrade-t3332619

Right now I have stock 2.42.405.3 and available update (6,55Mb so probably .4) and HBOOT-0.85.0013 with S-OFF (so previous user probably was playing with this device).

What I should do now?

Hey buddy,
Take a look through the first few posts here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2348266&page=16
It may seem like a lot but it will be worth it

Reactions: ch3mn3y

ch3mn3y

Sep 11, 2011
Seaside Voivodeships
www.xperiasite.pl
So it seems that for fastboot I need this Engineering HBoot or after S-OFF I have full access?

Coz all guides for Eng HBoot are for downgraded devices and all the guides for downgrading are for S-ON devices...

However I've also found that Eng HBoot was used when S-OFF was not possible and now it's not recommended, what can mean that S-OFF gives access to Fastboot same way the Eng HBoot?
If ti is true, than flashing Recovery will be easy and than I can check Roms :)

I know I'm missing something, but cannot find it...

demkantor

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 10, 2011
mpls
So it seems that for fastboot I need this Engineering HBoot or after S-OFF I have full access?

Coz all guides for Eng HBoot are for downgraded devices and all the guides for downgrading are for S-ON devices...

However I've also found that Eng HBoot was used when S-OFF was not possible and now it's not recommended, what can mean that S-OFF gives access to Fastboot same way the Eng HBoot?

Correct, you have what we call fake s-off and only gives you a bit of help flashing your phone, to get true s-off the preferred method is to go back to stock and then downgrade and root with gfree
Relatively easy but a few steps needed first
If you have a chance to go to g2root on freenode iirc there is a good likelihood that guhl is there and will walk you through it all
If not then feel free to ask again and i can lay out some instructions for you hete

Reactions: ch3mn3y

ch3mn3y

Sep 11, 2011
Seaside Voivodeships
www.xperiasite.pl
If not then feel free to ask again and i can lay out some instructions for you hete

If You have time I would be grateful for advices how ro get from GB fake S-OFF to Recovery..
If not I will try tonight or tomorrow with this channel You wrote

Sent using XT1562 - Resurrection Remix/Optimus Kernel

EDIT: It seems I have more time that I thought, so I'm checkin this g2root irc and waiting for someones answer :)

However if somebody could answer me one thing: With this fake S-OFF is it safe to downgrade using this method: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1178912
Is it needed?
And what exactly S-OFF gives? Fastboot access like this Eng HBoot (at the beginning thought that it's HBoot from UK DZ/G2 :p)? Coz thats what I need : to flash CWM and than KK.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I found this:

What I should do now?

Hey buddy,
    Take a look through the first few posts here
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2348266&page=16
    It may seem like a lot but it will be worth it

Correct, you have what we call fake s-off and only gives you a bit of help flashing your phone, to get true s-off the preferred method is to go back to stock and then downgrade and root with gfree
    Relatively easy but a few steps needed first
    If you have a chance to go to g2root on freenode iirc there is a good likelihood that guhl is there and will walk you through it all
    Downgraded, flashed Eng HBoot and CWM and KK is here. But I dont like it [emoji14] GB is coming...

Sent using XT1562 - Resurrection Remix/Optimus Kernel
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone