• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Help error installing roms pomelo

Search This thread

lllfa74lll

Oct 18, 2021
Hello, i've recently baught the Redmi 9T in latin america, which means my phone is pomelo, not lime. Despite this i've seen custom recoveries and roms designed for juice (that would be lime, lemon and pomelo devices). My problem is that after having unlocked the bootloader, flashing a custom recovery (i've tried OrangeFox R11.1_4, TWRP 3.5.2 and PRBP 3.1.0, all of the for juice) i cannot get any rom to install. I've tried a couple of them and it always shows the same error, so I know it's not the roms causing the problem. Process starts to flash but immediately shows: "assert failed: update_dynamic_partitions(package_extract_file ("dynamic_partitions_op_list")) updater process ended with ERROR: 1; Error installing zip file"
Any help is very much apreciated!

lllfa74lll

Oct 18, 2021
And i tried modyfing the updater-scritp found in \rom\META-INF\com\google\android. I erased assert() from the line that says assert(update_dynamic_partitions(package_extract_file("dynamic_partitions_op_list")));
But then it gave me the following error "E1001: Failed to flash system partition.". So i modified the line that says "abort("E1001: Failed to flash system partition.")"
And then the rom installs but it never boots into it. It gets stuck in a bootloop

chavezhpface

Oct 10, 2021
This can help you. Maybe.
My device is pomelo and the only recovery that works for me is this.

And the ROM compatible is QJQEUXM from Europe "EEA" Which you can find in this post.

lllfa74lll

Oct 18, 2021
Thanks for the reply. I got every TWRP to work (other version, not the one you linked), but my problem comes when flashing any custom rom, it just won't let me. I had already flashed the stock rom, so my device is working fine. I want to be able to install a custom rom

lllfa74lll

Oct 18, 2021
Btw the last version of the recovery you linked doesn't work for me. But twrp-3.5.2_10-3-lime-brigudav does

lllfa74lll

Oct 18, 2021
This can help you. Maybe.
My device is pomelo and the only recovery that works for me is this.

And the ROM compatible is QJQEUXM from Europe "EEA" Which you can find in this post.

Were you able to install a custom rom?

chavezhpface

Oct 10, 2021
Were you able to install a custom rom?
You tried installing Xiaomi eu weekly ROM first??

1634700116704.png