Help fix my only phone, please!

Search This thread
Aug 14, 2022
First, I wanna say sorry for if this is in the wrong spot, first time poster here.

Ok I have a S7 and I wanted to try to install lineage OS on it. I think I messed up because it will not get off the lineage os boot screen. So then I tried to restore a backup I created with TWRP using TWRP and that failed, so now the phone is stuck on the Galaxy S7 powered by android screen and I kew I have to use odin to flash firm. I got my official firm, but no matter how many times I install samsung usb drivers or samsung kies, Odin does not detect my phone... I tried installing the drivers with the phone in, then without, then without again and restarted the PC, nothing. Then I installed Kies with the phone not plugged in, restarted, Odin still cant detect phone. Its my only phone, please help. If I go to google about this I just get told to download drivers which I clearly stated I have. I even tried 3 different USB cords, yet I know the one I am using should work because I transferred data to and from the phone before!!!!
Thanks so much if I can get help... my only phone :((((

Using Windows 10:
Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 21H2
Installed on ‎8/‎3/‎2022
OS build 19044.1889
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0

Ex novo

Apr 21, 2018
First, I wanna say sorry for if this is in the wrong spot, first time poster here.

Ok I have a S7 and I wanted to try to install lineage OS on it. I think I messed up because it will not get off the lineage os boot screen. So then I tried to restore a backup I created with TWRP using TWRP and that failed, so now the phone is stuck on the Galaxy S7 powered by android screen and I kew I have to use odin to flash firm. I got my official firm, but no matter how many times I install samsung usb drivers or samsung kies, Odin does not detect my phone... I tried installing the drivers with the phone in, then without, then without again and restarted the PC, nothing. Then I installed Kies with the phone not plugged in, restarted, Odin still cant detect phone. Its my only phone, please help. If I go to google about this I just get told to download drivers which I clearly stated I have. I even tried 3 different USB cords, yet I know the one I am using should work because I transferred data to and from the phone before!!!!
Thanks so much if I can get help... my only phone :((((

Using Windows 10:
Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 21H2
Installed on ‎8/‎3/‎2022
OS build 19044.1889
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0
Instead of Kies, install Samsung Smart Switch on your PC which will install the latest Samsung drivers:
Then you need to restart in download mode (Odin mode) in order to flash the ROM.

Aug 14, 2022
THAT WORKED!!! YOU ARE A LIFE SAVER!!! The phone is now detected by odin, and currently fleshing official firmware!!! Thank you so much!!! I even went to samsungs drivers download site and that didn't work. I forgot about Smart Switch. Thank you again, I honestly appreciate you!