Help for Newbies, All questions & Answers for X10.

Search This thread

botski

May 12, 2010
too bad. waiting for devs.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

faisalusuf

Feb 24, 2008
Karachi
Global Generic Version ftf file required

Hello All,

Please someone provide me stock GB version for X10i flashtool file format.

Faisal.

sofia-captivate

Mar 7, 2011
Vancouver
i just got a x10 today and i want to root it and start using roms. its a x10i with firmware 2.1-update1 baseband 2.0.46. where do i start? what should i do?

Tof37

Oct 6, 2009
Tours
i just got a x10 today and i want to root it and start using roms. its a x10i with firmware 2.1-update1 baseband 2.0.46. where do i start? what should i do?

Hi,
Welcome in x10 family !
First you'd better update to 2.3.3 using pc compagnion or seus.
Then using Flashtool (see stickies in development thread) you'll be able to root your phone and more ;-)

Sent from my X10s using XDA

SorinRM92

Nov 13, 2010
x 10i

Hi, ok so about a month ago i let the phone discharge completly i was on wolf's rom,and when i got home i put it on charge let it like 10 - 15 minutes and then try to turn it on,but all i got was a vibration and a green light flashing once,and the got a new phone and today i kinda miss my x10 xD so i took the battery out and give it 2..3 minutes to rest and then try again ....nothing(i let it another 1:30 minutes to charge ), afterthat i flashed 2.1 official with flashtool clean no mod's the flashtool didnt give me any error but when i try to start ..the phone did the same thing 1 vibrate and green light once blink and now when i put it on charge the phone has the green light on like 5 minute then it turns off,if i take the battery out and put it on charge the green light apears...i tried another battery and the phone has the same problem.. so i came here if anyone know what is wrong with him (i installed SEUS > press repair > said my phone has the latest software:eek:,and pc companion the same) (sorry for my englis)

Later edit: solved no help needed anymore

Last edited:

tschwenke

Jan 16, 2008
My Newbie (To X10) questions..

So, I was given this AT&T branded X10a to use to help out a family member, I am not sure how long it has been out of service (maybe a year or so)

So far what I have done:
  • Used PC companion to return to stock
  • Obtained SIM unlock from AT&T (used defunct Verizon SIM to get prompt and entered code, appears to have worked)
  • Installed Flashtool and can recognize phone
  • Installed S1 Tool and verified connectivity

Currently s1tool returns
8/16/2012 16:51:14 RUNNING S1_EROM VER "R8A013"
8/16/2012 16:51:14 SOFTWARE AID: 0001
8/16/2012 16:51:14 LOADER AID: 0001
8/16/2012 16:51:17 FLASH ID: "002C/00B3"
8/16/2012 16:51:17 LOADER VERSION: "R4A024"
8/16/2012 16:51:17
8/16/2012 16:51:17 MODEL (from GDFS): X10a
8/16/2012 16:51:17 SOFTWARE VERSION: 1238-0269_2.1.A.0.492
8/16/2012 16:51:17 CUSTOM VERSION: 1237-3761_R31B
8/16/2012 16:51:17 FILESYSTEM VERSION: ATT-1-2-5-6_2.1.A.0.492
8/16/2012 16:51:17 SERIAL NO: xxxxxx
8/16/2012 16:51:17
8/16/2012 16:51:17 SEMC SIMLOCK CERTIFICATE
8/16/2012 16:51:17 Elapsed:18 secs.

Firmware : 2.1-update1
Baseband : 2.1.65
Kernel : 2.6.29SEMCUser@SEMCHost#1

So, my questions are more on what should I attack first! Not sure if I should:
  1. Root -> BL Unlock -> Debrand to some generic from Flashtool
  2. Debrand -> Root -> BL Unlock
  3. Root -> BL Unlock -> Custom ROM

I am just a little confused on what direction I should head first with the rest of this. I was looking at the FeraLab New Gen ROM and it said that you needed Baseband of 2.1.71 as a requirement.

Thanks for any and all help.. I have been doing some searching just think I am overwhelmed with information starting on this phone. (my EVO and EVO Shifts were pretty straightforward I thought, this phone just seems to have a different way of doing things)

So, I was given this AT&T branded X10a to use to help out a family member, I am not sure how long it has been out of service (maybe a year or so)

So far what I have done:
  • Used PC companion to return to stock
  • Obtained SIM unlock from AT&T (used defunct Verizon SIM to get prompt and entered code, appears to have worked)
  • Installed Flashtool and can recognize phone
  • Installed S1 Tool and verified connectivity

Currently s1tool returns

Firmware : 2.1-update1
Baseband : 2.1.65
Kernel : 2.6.29SEMCUser@SEMCHost#1

So, my questions are more on what should I attack first! Not sure if I should:
  1. Root -> BL Unlock -> Debrand to some generic from Flashtool
  2. Debrand -> Root -> BL Unlock
  3. Root -> BL Unlock -> Custom ROM

I am just a little confused on what direction I should head first with the rest of this. I was looking at the FeraLab New Gen ROM and it said that you needed Baseband of 2.1.71 as a requirement.

Thanks for any and all help.. I have been doing some searching just think I am overwhelmed with information starting on this phone. (my EVO and EVO Shifts were pretty straightforward I thought, this phone just seems to have a different way of doing things)

I suggest:

1.- Download and flash generic 2.3.3 firmware (this will update as well your baseband to 2.1.71) just make sure you are flashing the correct one (X10a_3.0.1.G.0.75_AMERICA-US GENERIC 1233-8200.ftf)
2.- Root it
3.- Install Recovery (CWM or xrecovery depending on ROM to install)
4.- Copy desired ROM zip to SDcard
5.- BL Unlock it
6.- Flash needed kernel according to ROM OP instructions
7.- Reboot in Recovery and install ROM
8.- hit thanks
9.- enjoy
10.- :D

Reactions: tschwenke

djfoxserbia

Aug 6, 2011
Pozarevac
HELP!!!

Ok i'm posting this question again in this thread because i posted in wrong one....
I need just a little help from someone who is not so busy this afternoon,i got Xperia x10i and before that i had lg gt540 so i knew procedure for rooting and flashing other rom but for this phone i'm newbie,so if someone can just copy links in reply for easiest rooting, flashing new rom and recovery to this phone i would be very greatfull,thanx in advance!!!!
There are to many tutorials in x10 thread,so again what i need is a step by step guide for WHAT I NEED TO DO BEFORE FLASHING A CUSTOM ROM,PREFERABLY FROM RECOVERY, because i don't want to break my phone..Thanx Thanx Thanx!!!!
And one more thing actually a question,did cyanogenmod or other custom roms improved performance on this phone,because factory 2.3.3 seams a little bit laggy and slow responding,thanx again!!!

chriscx

Feb 9, 2011
Ok i'm posting this question again in this thread because i posted in wrong one....
I need just a little help from someone who is not so busy this afternoon,i got Xperia x10i and before that i had lg gt540 so i knew procedure for rooting and flashing other rom but for this phone i'm newbie,so if someone can just copy links in reply for easiest rooting, flashing new rom and recovery to this phone i would be very greatfull,thanx in advance!!!!
There are to many tutorials in x10 thread,so again what i need is a step by step guide for WHAT I NEED TO DO BEFORE FLASHING A CUSTOM ROM,PREFERABLY FROM RECOVERY, because i don't want to break my phone..Thanx Thanx Thanx!!!!
And one more thing actually a question,did cyanogenmod or other custom roms improved performance on this phone,because factory 2.3.3 seams a little bit laggy and slow responding,thanx again!!!

I did root my x10 a very long time ago, but you have to use Flashtool, and follow instructions for the x10, root and recovery installation.

if you want to have good recent roms, you have to unlock bootloader, also with Flashtool. I flashed many kernels and roms, and I never bricked the X10.

there are many new recent roms based on CM9/ FXP team, I didnt have time to test them. For a stable rom, you can start with CM7, I use personnaly AOKP rom (ICS based) by Champswimmer, it improves completely the x10, some laggy games on 2.3.3 works good. But Champ just stopped developping this rom.

sourcewop

Aug 31, 2010
hello what is the difference between x10 and x10i? I have a sny experia x10i, does it have cm9? Please link me guide for rooting and flashing CM7 or CM9.
Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Request senior members to help

Hi Guy's,

A similar thread was opened by a forum moderator in another forum so i have contacted Pilot and going to give it a try.

The aim is to help newbies/beginners/anybody by answering any questions/issues they have in this thread, they can ask what ever they want no matter what rom/kernel or anything else they are having difficulty with, a place where they feel no threat for asking such questions.;)

The thread is to be run by not me but all senior members who are willing to help, the aim is to clear the Dev threads of all the unnecessary questions that are becoming more frequent and making it harder and harder to follow rom development.

For those seeking help, always try and help yourself first, most things can be found here..

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=678513

If you feel you still need help then fire away, hopefully somebody will have answers for you, please keep questions related to roms in develpopment not stock roms but will cover everything from adb to wlod's.:)

Please, if you have been helped in anyway by members do not forget to leave thanks.:)

As usual any new question threads started and not aimed here will be removed by the moderators so please lets keep our development forum clean.

Can i just add that a lot of questions are being asked that can be found in the sticky's, please read those first as most things are covered there.;)

Thanks guy's for you help.:)
    Thanks for the support buddy and the thanks.;)

I did wonder about the name, maybe something clearer is needed, will see how it goes but thanks for the advice.;)

Your other point is valid but it would be better if we do not put restrictions on what can be asked in the op as it defeats the whole idea of the thread.:)

No, I mean, no restrictions at all should be done when they question, it should be more like advises, something like:

inside the thread > First post:
    You can ask/question anything in here but keep in mind this is guided for ROM developed in xda not for stock roms.
    Questions regarding stock rom may be question on Q&A if not already answer that, if you have doubts regarding the best place you can try here :) no problems with that.

The only request for the thread should be that the questions must be related some how to errors/failures/wlods after using some apps or tweak, requests, doubts regarding new stuff.

As stock doubt like:
    Does x10 flash led works good? should i buy a x10? rsrsrsrs

With time a FAQ can be added to the first post to keep the thread clean and be even more helpful to newbies.
    GOOD IDEA!

Very good idea, I also think this should be sticky.

But:
    It should have a better thread name like:
    Questions regarding roms FCs/Errors/Reboots/WLODs go HERE!

Or something that could let extremely clear that if they want to ask something that are not directly a development(but regarding it) should go in here.

Another but, rsrsrs:
    The thread should remain only about roms that are developed in here, anything regarding original SE rom, unless tweaked and posted in this area should go to Q&A.

You deserve a thanks!
    good idea!

well lets start a little something off then..

1) is there a way to implement voltage control on startup without the need of an app? if so, how?

2) i cant seem to change boot animation. tried changing bootanimation in the normal system/media folder & data/local folder via xrecovery install custom zip file.. any ideas?

thank you! :D
    Awesome idea mate!!

Now anyone can ask questions without creating a new thread or getting burnt!! :)

@topic: dunno why but my CPU spy seems not to be working, fc'ing all the time even after rebooted. I am on DooM's 3b kernel using J's ROM.

Thank you!!

Warm Regards
    kLouD
    Sent from my x10i on CM7 custom dk kernel via xda premium app.