Help from the Comunity to Sim Unlock

Search This thread

iDontbreak

Oct 23, 2014
Well I created a solution using invoke ril command, like I told you on gsmhosting. Depending on the bounty I might release it, it works on all sprint samsung phones.

Dude dont be greedy, information should be free. Look at geohot.
You should release it and ask for potential donations, thats a win-win since you get alot more money and we get a solution.
Bounties compared donations are typically lower

gersrt

Oct 23, 2007
Reactions: tewilove

ecs87

Nov 17, 2012
In Sprint Samsung's case, UICC unlock is like Android says "Hi radio, please do unlock". In my experience, the original Qualcomm implementation is simply store unlock code in perso.txt. And SONY requires password per device passed to radio then radio check the password every boot, their alog is simple but seems uncrackable.
So the simplest way to unlock Sprint Samsung is patching their software or injecting RIL payloads, ugly bug working. Of course this assumes the radio software has implemented the unlock and exposed the interface to Android.
And then, if you digger deeper into SPrintDM and telephony framework, you will find UICC unlock is just a call to the RIL, even you can find a method called setSimLock() on the Java class which finally goes to RIL. I think many of you can make a program to achieve unlock. My fist successful attempt was using Xposed framework. BTW I asked in Xposed thread if I make my program public several months before.

RIL is above my head. I assume you'd need some programming knowledge to accomplish this? Particularly java?

Sent from my LGLS990 using XDA Free mobile app

aalyatim

May 19, 2006
In Sprint Samsung's case, UICC unlock is like Android says "Hi radio, please do unlock". In my experience, the original Qualcomm implementation is simply store unlock code in perso.txt. And SONY requires password per device passed to radio then radio check the password every boot, their alog is simple but seems uncrackable.
So the simplest way to unlock Sprint Samsung is patching their software or injecting RIL payloads, ugly bug working. Of course this assumes the radio software has implemented the unlock and exposed the interface to Android.
And then, if you digger deeper into SPrintDM and telephony framework, you will find UICC unlock is just a call to the RIL, even you can find a method called setSimLock() on the Java class which finally goes to RIL. I think many of you can make a program to achieve unlock. My fist successful attempt was using Xposed framework. BTW I asked in Xposed thread if I make my program public several months before.

Your right and thats how I did it. Except its not hard or ugly at all. In fact root isn't even required. You can access the RIL using java reflection so there isn't a need for any modifications .

ecs87

Nov 17, 2012
Dude dont be greedy, information should be free. Look at geohot.
You should release it and ask for potential donations, thats a win-win since you get alot more money and we get a solution.
Bounties compared donations are typically lower

Its his software and he can decide what he wants to do with it. He didn't HAVE to come here. He's given out more hints than nearly everyone else in the thread anyways. I'd suggest comments like these stop immediately. Its like someone working for free and getting *****ed at... If you want a free solution immediately YOU should put it together.

iamdofus

Dec 13, 2012
karachi
Great to see if someone can unlock it, I have this phone and want really badly to unlock it. So count my 30$ also in the bounty or i will give 50$ right away if anyone unlock my phone ASAP via pm or directly contact me on any other way. Thanks

tewilove

Apr 17, 2009
Can someone tell me if u can install Xposed framework on this phone? I know temp root and inject will be a clean way but it could take me more time. If the answer is YES, please upload files under /system/framework, /system/app, /system/priv-app for me, I will try to write a program today.

Sent from my SH-04F using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 09:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 AM ----------

it's remote call, how did you bypass permission control?

Sent from my SH-04F using XDA Free mobile app

jodhaaa

Jul 8, 2014
Its his software and he can decide what he wants to do with it. He didn't HAVE to come here. He's given out more hints than nearly everyone else in the thread anyways. I'd suggest comments like these stop immediately. Its like someone working for free and getting *****ed at... If you want a free solution immediately YOU should put it together.

Totally agree with you...

tewilove

Apr 17, 2009
RIL is above my head. I assume you'd need some programming knowledge to accomplish this? Particularly java?

I saw your post on gsmhosting and you had posted some Dasuel log.
4B13300000000000
4B1330006E766D2F6E756D2F313031323400
4B13300041020000B60100006E766D2F6E756D2F3130313234 00
4B133000000000000000000030
4B13300000000000

In my knowledge, 0x4b is modem subsystem command, and 0x13 means EFS. BUT the following is out of my memory I could not figure out what it is. Can you send me some more logs?

iDontbreak

Oct 23, 2014

Because clearly i should stop everything in my life an start learning programming for the purpose that sharing is bad. I dont understand the reason why if you have the knowledge and skill you wouldnt share it, its just greedy selfish and unbenificial for all parts. If youd ask me how i score in every football game id obviously share my knowledge, i wouldnt hold it back and ask for a ****ing bounty

Reactions: sprints5

Ramondel

Dec 3, 2011
Nashville
Because clearly i should stop everything in my life an start learning programming for the purpose that sharing is bad. I dont understand the reason why if you have the knowledge and skill you wouldnt share it, its just greedy selfish and unbenificial for all parts. If youd ask me how i score in every football game id obviously share my knowledge, i wouldnt hold it back and ask for a ****ing bounty

Dude, I do not know what you do for a living, but would you even consider doing it 24/7 365 days for free? I doubt it, even the rich do not even contemplate that.

ecs87

Nov 17, 2012
I saw your post on gsmhosting and you had posted some Dasuel log.
4B13300000000000
4B13300041020000B60100006E766D2F6E756D2F3130313234 00
4B133000000000000000000030
4B13300000000000

In my knowledge, 0x4b is modem subsystem command, and 0x13 means EFS. BUT the following is out of my memory I could not figure out what it is. Can you send me some more logs?

This wasn't from a log. It was public information someone leaked for the unlock process on the L720 (baseband MDC and below).

---------- Post added at 12:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 PM ----------

So...you're entitled to someone else's work that they spent their time and knowledge on for free? At that point why don't I just go up to the dealership and tell them to give me a free car since their time and knowledge doesn't matter. Because that's how the world works according to you right?

---------- Post added at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 PM ----------

Guys please stop this the information is free for all in xda
Please the guy having solution upload it PLEASE

You guys might've already ran him away. Not only was he someone with VERY valuable information but he was also a friend of mine from GSMhosting forums. Thanks...

Reactions: jodhaaa and anderd

anderd

Jun 15, 2008
Yeah I find it funny how the dev is the selfish one when it's them begging and crying for a solution. Gimmie gimmie gimmie.. It's sad and pathetic and I for one wouldn't blame him if he did bail. After such rudeness and trash talk. It's not like he wouldn't rather spend time with his family or doing something he enjoys rather than sitting around making free stuff for folks who expect everything in the world for free.. As the saying goes, nothing in life is free. It may not have cost a dev money in some instances, but their time away from family, friends, a social life, work, sleep.. Most of us are limited to what time we have to do anything out side of our normal life schedule just to survive, finding time to do stuff like this takes away from what little free time if any, one has, and that shouldn't cost something? It's costing them something, whether or not you find value in it, they may.

What little free time I get to relax, I have to take and enjoy because I know there's gonna be little chance to do it later in most cases. So if i get a hour or two a day, or in some cases, a week, to relax and enjoy myself a little or spend time with the family, im going to because it's valuable to me and id probably go postal otherwise lol. These guys are human beings too, treat then as such or step off and figure it out yourself. Constantly begging and whining and asking every day for updates and news, only adds useless length to the thread, causing folks to not search or read it cause of crap search results due to tons of useless messages or the fact the thread is 3/4 bs and 900 pages long. It's too much and overwhelming to try and find anything in. Not to mention irritates everyone and especially the devs.

/end rant
Lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi I think is time to start working on solution and sharing ideas to unlock the device. This is the spirit of the forum not to pattetically beg and pay for unlocks. This guy is just playing and no solution will come this way. Lets use our brain ! If you only have money this forum is not for you and better contact octopus o buy a brand new unlocked phone!

Sent from my SPH-L720T using XDA Free mobile app

Read the previous posts. I already unlocked a few phones for certain people to test the solution, and now I am completing the app. It will be released next week.
    It will be released in few weeks or so. I am hesitating to release it simply because it will be copied. Companies like z3x and octopus will benefit from it. So I have to think of a way to make nearly impossible for others to copy my solution.
    Please guys...I'm begging of you...stop asking him to give it up. As much as I want to ask as well, common sense tells me it's rude which is why you don't see the majority of people asking in the first place. Therefore you should be asking questions leading to development. Start googling "java decompiler", run through the folders and find the files that have been mentioned earlier, make a difference instead of begging for the solution. Its never too late to start developing. I know NOTHING of decompiling or even Java code...but I'm fighting my way through whatever I can find. There's so much information in this thread lately that I believe, if more effort was put forth for development instead of stalking we would've had the solution already.

The next person to post something along the lines of "when is it available, send me the download (a total unlock program), tell me how to do it (the total unlock process)" is getting reported. I'm totes down for development postings, the spamming needs to stop. I'm sorry.

(Sorry but working on someone's Excel spreadsheet for 5 hours in a row (my eyes are bleeding), working 2 jobs over 40 hours a week, and having a BMW E36 that vomits coolant I'm a little on edge...but I think I was reasonable here?)

u guys still tryin to do this? should have listened to me 2-3 months ago and just sold ur sprint phones... now they are worth like 100$ on ebay..
    unlock wont happen

If you don't have something helpful to say I think its better for everyone if you remain silent. Thank you. and alot of thanks to the guys that are working on this. hope I could help you in some way instead of only waiting :( thumbs up for the progress.

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Free mobile app
    I haven't. I know you can use a MEID authorized to UICC unlock but I felt that method was too unofficial. I wanted to find a way to do it that involved triggering the unlock without altering the MEID or using Sprints system.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Free mobile app

Well I created a solution using invoke ril command, like I told you on gsmhosting. Depending on the bounty I might release it, it works on all sprint samsung phones.