Help Galaxy zflip4 error using Shell Command After updating to ONEUI 5 Android 13

Search This thread

jonatansuarez

Jul 21, 2007
Everyting was working fine using the SHELL Command in order to remove bloatware from my device to remove any application using ANDROID 12 ONEUI 4.1.1

After updating to ONEUI 5 ANDROID 13 on December 6 2022, now im not able to get the ADB SHELL Command working it gives me and error.

Can someone let me know if there is a fix for this? like i said everything was working before upgrading to ONEUI 5 ANDROID 13

MacBook-Air platform-tools % ./adb shell

b4q:/ $ pm list packages

Exception occurred while executing 'list':

java.lang.SecurityException: Shell does not have permission to access user 150

com.android.server.am.ActivityManagerService.handleIncomingUser:14870 android.app.ActivityManager.handleIncomingUser:4802 com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerShellCommand.translateUserId:3499

at com.android.server.am.UserController.handleIncomingUser(UserController.java:2672)

at com.android.server.am.ActivityManagerService.handleIncomingUser(ActivityManagerService.java:14870)

at android.app.ActivityManager.handleIncomingUser(ActivityManager.java:4802)

at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerShellCommand.translateUserId(PackageManagerShellCommand.java:3499)

at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerShellCommand.runListPackages(PackageManagerShellCommand.java:965)

at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerShellCommand.runListPackages(PackageManagerShellCommand.java:861)

at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerShellCommand.runList(PackageManagerShellCommand.java:720)

at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerShellCommand.onCommand(PackageManagerShellCommand.java:222)

at com.android.modules.utils.BasicShellCommandHandler.exec(BasicShellCommandHandler.java:97)

at android.os.ShellCommand.exec(ShellCommand.java:38)

at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerService$IPackageManagerImpl.onShellCommand(PackageManagerService.java:6922)

at android.os.Binder.shellCommand(Binder.java:1085)

at android.os.Binder.onTransact(Binder.java:903)

at android.content.pm.IPackageManager$Stub.onTransact(IPackageManager.java:4909)

at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerService$IPackageManagerImpl.onTransact(PackageManagerService.java:6906)

at android.os.Binder.execTransactInternal(Binder.java:1321)

at android.os.Binder.execTransact(Binder.java:1280)

jonatansuarez

Jul 21, 2007
Look here:

Well actually im not trying to delete applications from Secure Folder, im removing only bloatware from the device that are outside, like i mentioned this was working perfect on ONEUI 4.1.1 ANDROID 12 but as soon i upgrade it broke things up, im just trying to remove Chrome, Gmail, Facebook apps that come wth the device, hopefully some dev can see this post and look into the issue and fix it if possible, or else i may have to downgrade back to ONEUI 4.1.1 to get things working again. :(

DTubbs

Nov 19, 2021
Everyting was working fine using the SHELL Command in order to remove bloatware from my device to remove any application using ANDROID 12 ONEUI 4.1.1

After updating to ONEUI 5 ANDROID 13 on December 6 2022, now im not able to get the ADB SHELL Command working it gives me and error.

Can someone let me know if there is a fix for this? like i said everything was working before upgrading to ONEUI 5 ANDROID 13

MacBook-Air platform-tools % ./adb shell

b4q:/ $ pm list packages

com.android.server.am.ActivityManagerService.handleIncomingUser:14870 android.app.ActivityManager.handleIncomingUser:4802 com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerShellCommand.translateUserId:3499

at com.android.server.am.UserController.handleIncomingUser(UserController.java:2672)

at com.android.server.am.ActivityManagerService.handleIncomingUser(ActivityManagerService.java:14870)

at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerShellCommand.translateUserId(PackageManagerShellCommand.java:3499)

at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerShellCommand.runListPackages(PackageManagerShellCommand.java:965)

at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerShellCommand.runListPackages(PackageManagerShellCommand.java:861)

at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerShellCommand.runList(PackageManagerShellCommand.java:720)

at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerShellCommand.onCommand(PackageManagerShellCommand.java:222)

at com.android.modules.utils.BasicShellCommandHandler.exec(BasicShellCommandHandler.java:97)

at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerService$IPackageManagerImpl.onShellCommand(PackageManagerService.java:6922)

at android.content.pm.IPackageManager$Stub.onTransact(IPackageManager.java:4909)

at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerService$IPackageManagerImpl.onTransact(PackageManagerService.java:6906)

Hi, I'm also having the same issue on my Galaxy ZFold3 when trying to show installed packages in adb shell. See my error output below. I'm looking to understand why adb shell would no longer have permission to list packages not installed inside the Secure Folder. Not seeking to uninstall the Secure Folder ideally.

: adb shell
q2q:/ $ pm list packages

com.android.server.am.ActivityManagerService.handleIncomingUser:14870 android.app.ActivityManager.ha
ndleIncomingUser:4802 com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerShellCommand.translateUserId:3499
at com.android.server.am.ActivityManagerService.handleIncomingUser(ActivityManagerService.jav
a:14870)
at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerShellCommand.translateUserId(PackageManagerShellComman
d.java:3499)
at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerShellCommand.runListPackages(PackageManagerShellComman
d.java:965)
at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerShellCommand.runListPackages(PackageManagerShellComman
d.java:861)
at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerShellCommand.runList(PackageManagerShellCommand.java:7
20)
at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerShellCommand.onCommand(PackageManagerShellCommand.java
:222)
at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerService$IPackageManagerImpl.onShellCommand(PackageMana
gerService.java:6922)
at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerService$IPackageManagerImpl.onTransact(PackageManagerS
ervice.java:6906)
255|q2q:/ $ exit

Top Liked Posts