• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Help getting started (again)

Search This thread

inversechi

Nov 10, 2006
Berlin
OnePlus One
Moto X4
It's been a very long time since I've explored custom ROMs on android and wanted to ask for some help.

Firstly are there any how-to guides on going from locked stock to a custom ROM?

Do I need to unlock my bootloader with mi unlock? I'm running Linux and this seems like a Windows only application? Is there any other way?

Reactions: SMcC2

SMcC2

Feb 22, 2014
Texas
OnePlus 6T
It's been a very long time since I've explored custom ROMs on android and wanted to ask for some help.

Do I need to unlock my bootloader with mi unlock? I'm running Linux and this seems like a Windows only application? Is there any other way?
Welcome back to the world of modding and custom ROMs!
Before you try anything backup, backup, backup!

inversechi

Nov 10, 2006
Berlin
OnePlus One
Moto X4

inversechi

Nov 10, 2006
Berlin
OnePlus One
Moto X4
And done!

I flashed TWRP the way I remembered and then the latest arrowOS install after formatting data + cache and it worked.

However it's reporting my SDCard as corrupt even though it;s not and I can view all the files via TWRP. Worst case I copy all files, format, and restore but that seems annoying.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Why did I put this off - ArrowOS is amazing and so much nicer then stock MIUI.

Thanks for the help getting an old timer back into custom ROMs

Mi Unlock is Windows only, there is no other way.

The Pixel Experience install guide is pretty good. I'm using that ROM and it's great.

Always important - Data is mostly on the SDCard but thanks for the heads up :)
    Unlock process started 180 hours to wait zZz