[HELP] Google Pixel 5 bricked (LineageOS for microG 18.1)?

Search This thread

Michu_z

Apr 12, 2009
Wroclaw
www.google.com
Hi All,

After several years (since 2006) of playing with flashing and rooting the hardware, the day has finally come (I still hope not ...) - I broke my smartphone.

Don't ask me why it happened - I think I was rocking in the clouds by turning off USB debugging while I was still getting my stuff back from backups... Maybe I clicked this option by accident. But one by one:
1. I have downgraded the LineageOS for microG 18.1 ROM to the April 11 version (the newer one had huge connectivity problems :[).
2. Everything worked fine again, unfortunately I have restored too many files (some system files) using my root backup and after rebooting I have bootloop.

The above would not be a problem, but:
* USB debugging is disabled (I don't know if there is a hack method on Pixel 5 to enable it from PC (I'm using Linux)). Flashing recovery seems unavailable (Writing 'recovery' FAILED (remote: 'No such file or directory')), the same with adb sideload commands.
* adb shell is unavailable (I tried to send a ROM image file to the device) due to lack of any trusted device on Pixel 5.
(db: error: failed to get feature set: device unauthorized.
This adb server's $ADB_VENDOR_KEYS is not set
Try 'adb kill-server' if that seems wrong.
Otherwise check for a confirmation dialog on your device.)
adb kill-server/start-server and deleting my Linux adbkey doesn't work of course.

I can only add that I have root access and an unlocked bootloader, but I don't know if I can do anything on this basis.

Is there any magician on the forum who has an idea for my brick with bootlooping screen?

Michu_z

Apr 12, 2009
Wroclaw
www.google.com
Maybe this can work for you? >> Deuces Flashing Script
It should work with any google factory image as stated in the post, don't download the wrong factory image tho.

Goodluck.
Thank you very much! I have only recently been with Pixel and did not know about the existence of this script.

Interestingly, on my first try on Pixel 5 the script crashed, it requires fastbootd instead of the fastboot standard:
system
Sending 'system_b' (23660 KB) OKAY [ 0.700s]
Writing 'system_b' FAILED (remote: 'Partition should be flashed in fastbootd')

as a result, the system did not rise.

Quickly switched to recovery and then fastbootd on the second attempt was successful.

Attachments

• Screenshot at 2021-06-23 17-08-22.png
    Screenshot at 2021-06-23 17-08-22.png
    644.2 KB · Views: 43
  • Screenshot at 2021-06-23 17-08-34.png
    Screenshot at 2021-06-23 17-08-34.png
    634.1 KB · Views: 43
Reactions: XDHx86

XDHx86

Nov 1, 2017
openuserjs.org
Samsung Galaxy Star
Thank you very much! I have only recently been with Pixel and did not know about the existence of this script.

Interestingly, on my first try on Pixel 5 the script crashed, it requires fastbootd instead of the fastboot standard:
system

Quickly switched to recovery and then fastbootd on the second attempt was successful.
No need for a magician then I guess, haha.
Glad it worked out mate, don't brick your phone again. I think pixel phones are one of the hardest to fix.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It should work with any google factory image as stated in the post, don't download the wrong factory image tho.

Goodluck.

system

No need for a magician then I guess, haha.
    Glad it worked out mate, don't brick your phone again. I think pixel phones are one of the hardest to fix.

Goodluck.

system