• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[HELP] Hardbricked phone

Search This thread

SnX11

Oct 31, 2017
Hello, i need help, i tried everything but nothing seems to work. I tried to crossflash a TM version but i believe that i did something wrong and deleted a partition. When i tried to go from EDL to download mode it simple became unresponsive, the screen doesn't show anything but it can be connected to 9008 and is detected by qfil. On qfil when i try to open the partition manager, it never opens, just says that is working. I cannot hard or soft reset it. and when i try to flash it wit lgup isnt detected and is telling that there is no handset connected

Please help, i dont know what to do now.

Edit:
I'll try to explain me better.
The phone doesn't turn on but is detected on QFIL.
Buttons doesn't seem to work,i mean, they work but i cannot turn it on or go to the recovery mode.

When im in QFIL and i try to use the partition manager the partition manager window never pop up.

Last edited:

SnX11

Oct 31, 2017
i managet to be able to open the partition manager, but i don't know what to do now ): i loaded the img of the files that i backed but still nothing

Last edited:

kingilein

Sep 12, 2021
It seems as, if you not only deleted a partition, but possibly the entire flash. this has happened to a few here, because the corresponding command is placed in the wrong place in Partition Manager (when opening a single partition).

Which partiton should it have been that you supposedly deleted?

If that was really the case, then without an existing full backup you have a bigger problem...

kingilein

Sep 12, 2021
You should wait until your phone is complete discharged. Then try again to initialize the EDL-Mode and to get in Partition-Manager. If you don't become Partition-Infos, then you can be sure, your Partition-Table is defect (or deleted).

SnX11

Oct 31, 2017
It seems as, if you not only deleted a partition, but possibly the entire flash. this has happened to a few here, because the corresponding command is placed in the wrong place in Partition Manager (when opening a single partition).

Which partiton should it have been that you supposedly deleted?

If that was really the case, then without an existing full backup you have a bigger problem...
i think it was the ftm that i deleted in the entire flash

SnX11

Oct 31, 2017
You should wait until your phone is complete discharged. Then try again to initialize the EDL-Mode and to get in Partition-Manager. If you don't become Partition-Infos, then you can be sure, your Partition-Table is defect (or deleted).
i finally can enter into the partition manager after a lot of attempts

kingilein

Sep 12, 2021
Attention: Before you Flash partitions, make Backups from then (Read Data Partition)!
And, don't Flash FTM

SnX11

Oct 31, 2017
1642185395913-png.5508447
1642185304299-png.5508443

i cant get into edl, or at least it doesnt seem to work ):

kingilein

Sep 12, 2021
Ok, then you must try to flash some lun0 partitions from your kdz (except ftm).
Then retry to get in Download-Mode...

SnX11

Oct 31, 2017
nothing

my phone still doesnt show any image on the screen
so i guide myself with the sound that makes windows when you connect a new device

i flashed the files and closed qfil,
after that i hold power and vol- until i hear the sound of windows telling me that the devices is disconnected.
after that i hold power and vol+ i hear the windows connecting to the device but it seems that doesnt enter into download mode, i check with lgup and there is no devices.

i check in qfil and is there

kingilein

Sep 12, 2021
nothing

my phone still doesnt show any image on the screen
so i guide myself with the sound that makes windows when you connect a new device

i flashed the files and closed qfil,
after that i hold power and vol- until i hear the sound of windows telling me that the devices is disconnected.
after that i hold power and vol+ i hear the windows connecting to the device but it seems that doesnt enter into download mode, i check with lgup and there is no devices.

i check in qfil and is there
when you hold power and volume- and heard the sound of disconection, the leave both buttons and hold then only power+ button. then you must connet the usb cable, if you not have

SnX11

Oct 31, 2017
when you hold power and volume- and heard the sound of disconection, the leave both buttons and hold then only power+ button. then you must connet the usb cable, if you not have
tried both ways
i hold power and vol- , when i hear the sound of disconnection i stop and disconnect the usb, then immediately i press vol+ and connect again the usb and nothing happens.

kingilein

Sep 12, 2021
I think we need some files from a full backup now.

Do you have a cloud somewhere where I could possibly store a few files?

SnX11

Oct 31, 2017
**UPDATE**

For future references this is the status right now.

@kingilein Have been helping me all this time with my phone.

What we tried?

We tried flashing some boot partitions to try to make the phone able to enter download mode.
After the flash the phone disconnected from edl mode and died (no response) no edl mode, no boot, nothing is super bricked now.

The phone battery was almost full so now we are waiting to let it drain to try to enter edl mode again.

What i'm doing now?

Every hour or so i try to turn it on holding power button for a minute or so.
2 mins later i take the phone and hold power + vol- for a minute or so.
Sometimes i pick the phone and hold power + vol- while i fast tap vol+ for 5 minutes.

Every 3-4 hours i do the same with the phone connected to the pc.
i tried different ports, and different cables.

i don't know if the phone battery is drained atm.
but i tried putting it in a wireless charger and the wireless charger is showing that the phone is charging so it can be charged.