[Help] Honor 8 FRP Lock in bootloader

Search This thread

C0oL3r

Jun 6, 2017
Hello, i unlocked my bootloader at my honor 8 and now i can't flash anything and in bootloader say FRP Lock.
Can i lock again bootloader or unlock FRP?

P.S. I can't enable oem unlock

Last edited:

gopinaidu77

Jan 23, 2015
edit: if you have locked FRP and before factory reset was already login to your google account and for example you sold phone another person, this another person will cant enter to phone, because last google account was your, and password know only you... thats is FRP, bootloader you can unlock when you want, this is nothing common with FRP and flashing something, correct me if im wrong
When the bootloader is unlocked such feature no longer works and stands for vulnerabilities.

But FRP when locked u cannot unlock ur bootloader .

U need to keep it in unlocked state , this happens only when your device has oem unlock enabled . May be it is just to make sure that the device doesnt belong to a traitor

coolest35

May 10, 2015
Lexington
I'm also stuck here.. No bootable rom, phone doesn't detect SD card (Tried 2 brands, 16 gb, 32 gb, and 64 gb)

Fastboot screen has bootloader unlocked, FRP LOCKED

When I try and flash a recovery, or update whatever, using flashboot.. always gives " FAILED: REMOTE COMMAND NOT ALLOWED"

TWRP: I have tried RESTORE to back up.. all things go right except at the end get "UNABLE TO WIPE VENDOR"

I try and install an old ROM (162)

Results into this error:

http://imgur.com/a/oBGrn

I dislike Huawei so much right now...

coolest35

May 10, 2015
Lexington
So you sure have good adb drivers and you have already instaled phone drivers
edit: whitch command you use for flash recovery?

Yea, I think I have good drivers... as I can see the device if I do "FLASHBOOT DEVICES".. it shows up.

I am using command "fashboot flash recovery recovery.img"

Last edited:

coolest35

May 10, 2015
Lexington
Ok, thats look like you dont have in pc drivers for phone = Hisuite

Hisuite is running..

To clarify..

1. TWRP Installation of "UPDATE.ZIP" (containing 162 ROM) fails.. with "Unable to mount /vendor, unable to mount/partition"
2. TWRP ADB Sideload: Can't mount
3. Phone in white Fastboot/ADB bootloader: Status reads Bootloader unlocked, FRP Locked.. with commands it gives error FAILED (REMOTE: COMMAND NOT ALLOWED).

So phone is connecting without problems..

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No success... same error when i try to do that with system, it will not let me repair internal storage at all.
    Your picture says only product and vendor partitions have problem. Your system is fine because TWRP was able to format it.

Sent from my Honor 8 using XDA Labs
    Yes sir... once I get out of this alive with stable rom, I will never ever touch these settings again :crying::laugh:
    Erecovery doesn't work, fastboot half working, can't mount /vendor and /product. Have you thought of bringing the phone to a service center?
    Sometimes FRP Lock happens when you are unlocking bootloader on B38x and while making so your phone reboots. When you boot straight to OS you may have missing ("grey") option to FRP unlock (OEM unlock) in settings and FRP Lock, Bootloader Unlock in fastboot mode. To avoid that you have to hold volume down + power on to boot to fastboot again (with connected usb cable to PC ) rather then allow boot OS in the process of unlocking bootloader . You could just start all over when you don't know that - rollback to 131 and so on. My own experience.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone