[Help!] How to disable FP scanner on Redmi Note 3 Pro (kenzo) ???

Search This thread

suverenod

Jul 25, 2016
How can I disable the Redmi Note 3 Pro fingerprint scanner in the firmware or in the OS kernel?

P.S. The problem is that I want to use ported Redmi Note 3 Special Edition (kate) MIUI 7 Global 7.3.9 for kenzo, but it has a big problem with FP scanner, so I need to disable it somehow. How can I do it?

Last edited:

Prome_theus

Mar 3, 2015
India
How can I disable the Redmi Note 3 Pro fingerprint scanner in the firmware or in the OS kernel?

P.S. The problem is that I want to use ported Redmi Note 3 Special Edition (kate) MIUI 7 Global 7.3.9 for kenzo, but it has a big problem with FP scanner, so I need to disable it somehow. How can I do it?
Go to settings--> lockscreen & fingerprint -->screen lock and fingerprint --> click on fingerprint and click delete. Hit thanks if helped

matrox1m

Jan 21, 2009
I have another problem. I have disabled fingerprint sensor, no fingerprint is registered but...when the phone screen is off, if i touch the figerprint scanner it wakes up the screen (in screen lock). It is very disturbing becouse every time i pick up the phone it lights up...
Any fix for this pls??
I am on official 8.1.4.0

Toster

May 14, 2008
Had the same issue on Redmi note 4x (Snapdragon). I was very annoyed with the phone waking up all the time I touch accidently the fingerprint sensor.
Recently I finally found a working sollution (credits go to user cherva70 from Russian 4pda forum!):
You'll need a rooted device
Go to system/usr/keylayout folder and open the file Generic.kl with text editor
change the line
key 353 DPAD_CENTER
to
key 353 MENU
save
reboot (no need to wipe cache)

by this you bind 'menu' button to your fingerprint sensor, they will now work exactly the same way. And as the 'menu' button normally doesn't wake-up the phone, so won't the sensor :)
Best part - fingerprint sensor will still have its main functionality and you'll be able to unlock the phone or any other app when you're prompted so.

Anagastes

Jan 28, 2015
Hamburg
Dont work on my Redmi Note 4 :S

Had the same issue on Redmi note 4x (Snapdragon). I was very annoyed with the phone waking up all the time I touch accidently the fingerprint sensor.
Recently I finally found a working sollution (credits go to user cherva70 from Russian 4pda forum!):
You'll need a rooted device
Go to system/usr/keylayout folder and open the file Generic.kl with text editor
change the line
key 353 DPAD_CENTER
to
key 353 MENU
save
reboot (no need to wipe cache)

by this you bind 'menu' button to your fingerprint sensor, they will now work exactly the same way. And as the 'menu' button normally doesn't wake-up the phone, so won't the sensor :)
Best part - fingerprint sensor will still have its main functionality and you'll be able to unlock the phone or any other app when you're prompted so.

As in the title.

I tested it and the sensor on android 7 still wakes up my device.

Is it known how to deactivate the finger sensor completely? The part constantly wakes up my device when I'm against it.

I solved it.

system/bin/fingerprintd I renamed it.

Last edited:

amir-kia

May 17, 2013

I have solution for you ...
Go to root ...
System/bin ...
Rename fingerprintd to fingerprintd1
Reboot

Reactions: Toasted Meat

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I have solution for you ...
    Go to root ...
    System/bin ...
    Rename fingerprintd to fingerprintd1
    Reboot
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone