• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
Search This thread

Devil Wolf

Aug 17, 2021
I have Micromax canvas unite 4 pro/q465 running Android 5.1 [lollipop] and I want to root my phone with magisk. To root my phone I need boot.img of my stock rom because ramdisc is showing YES on my device and is there a way to extract boot.img file on NON-ROOTED PHONE ONLY ? If yes then please also mention a suitable website to download the stock rom, your effort will be appreciated.

Last edited:

Devil Wolf

Aug 17, 2021
I
I really appreciate this method , unfortunately I can't root my phone, so I have to download firmware and then extract boot.img from it right?
The firmware I downloaded

https://www.mediafire.com/file/edza...SW_V8.1.3_HW_V1.0.0_021116_Volte_SPD.zip/file

I tried doing this but didn't any images instead I get 3 files which I don't know too much about, is the problem is that I have to extract it using pc ? because I extracted the firmware on my phone with this app

Is this app was the problem with extracting ? Or the firmware was faulty ?

jwoegerbauer

Jul 11, 2009
European Union
JOOC downloaded the ZIP you linked to, too, and unpacked it.

Noticed that the firmware is is stored in directory Firmware, it's housed in archive zsl859p_mmx.pac.

You've to convert the .PAC file to a .ZIP file, e.g. with ezyZip tool, to access its content.

Devil Wolf

Aug 17, 2021
JOOC downloaded the ZIP you linked to, too, and unpacked it.

Noticed that the firmware is is stored in directory Firmware, it's housed in archive zsl859p_mmx.pac.

You've to convert the .PAC file to a .ZIP file, e.g. with ezyZip tool, to access its content.
I tried to convert the .pac file to .zip from this tool but it takes too much time , I mean that convert to zip button never loads for hours so I thought to view that .pac file first to just to get to know what's inside it and when I viewed it, I didn't find any usefull files which contain boot.img.

The app I used to view what's inside the .pac file https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.zdevs.zarchiver

Top Liked Posts