[HELP) Huawei P9 NO OS

Search This thread

kukubau

May 24, 2015
Hamburg
I own EVA-L09, but steps I wrote can be done also for L19. In my post the Link to my Thread Point 3) contains also the Links to the L19 b386 FullOTA-MF-PV

Doesn't work for L19, the OTA update part, beyond B388.

---------- Post added at 05:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 AM ----------

I own EVA-L09, but steps I wrote can be done also for L19. In my post the Link to my Thread Point 3) contains also the Links to the L19 b386 FullOTA-MF-PV
Doesn't work for L19, so I'll have to wait.

Atarii

May 10, 2011

JordTheFraud

Jan 11, 2018
If you own an European P9:

1. download EVA-L19C432B386 firmware
2. Extract the UPDATE.APP from the update.zip file and copy it in a folder C:\temp for convenience.
3. Using Huawei Update Extractor unpack UPDATE.APP to a subfolder. You should obtain several img files and some other files which are not needed.
3. Download Adb Toolkit from somewhere. Copy SYSTEM.IMG, BOOT.IMG, RECOVERY.IMG, RECOVERY2.IMG files to the "Adb Toolkit" folder.
4. Open a command prompt session with administrator rights
5. From Adb Toolkit folder run in sequence:

fastboot flash boot.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash recovery2 recovery2.img
fastboot flash system system.img

6. Reboot the phone!
Does it boot normally?
6.a. It does not boot. Doesn't matter. Proceed to the next step!

7. Obtain the rollback package for your phone, L09 or L19.

http://download-c1.huawei.com/download/downloadCenter?downloadId=92086 - for L09

http://download-c1.huawei.com/download/downloadCenter?downloadId=92093 - for L19

Extract update.zip file, copy UPDATE.APP to the SD card in the "dload" FOLDER. Nothing else should exist in this folder.

Force firmware update by rebooting your phone using the three key COMBO (VOL DOWN + VOL UP + POWER) buttons. When you see the Huawei logo, release the power button, holding volume up and volume down until you see the update process beginning, something like a circle with % nr.

8. Download L19C432B182
http://update.hicloud.com:8180/TDS/data/files/p3/s15/G1079/g104/v74994/f1/full/update.zip

or L09C432B182 firmware,
http://update.hicloud.com:8180/TDS/data/files/p3/s15/G1079/g104/v63880/f1/full/update.zip

depending on the phone you have.

Extract update.zip file, copy once more UPDATE.APP to the SD card in the "dload" folder, overwriting the existing UPDATE.APP file.

Force firmware update by rebooting your phone using the three key COMBO (VOL DOWN + VOL UP + POWER) buttons. When you see the Huawei logo, release the power button, holding volume up and volume down until you see the update process beginning, something like a circle with % nr.

Important that you should download the equivalent firmware for your phone.

The rollback package works for both versions of the phone L09 (single sim) and L19 (dual sim) so it's not really important which one you use. You will flash Marshmallow 6.0 anyway (EVA-L19C432B182) over by force update.

You will eventually boot into Marshmallow 6.0 - L19C432B182 firmware. Run system update 3 times to reach Nougat 7.0. It will update the firmware to Nougat 7.0 - EVA - L19C432B386.

Please leave feedback and click the thanks button!

I got to stage 6, and when I rebooted my phone got stuck in a bootloop and is no longer recognized by the TWRP so i literally can't do anything with it :(. - any suggestions?

jurijcorn

Jan 21, 2018
None of the methods work for me

Hi

I came here because i tried to install miui on my P9 via trwp , somehow it wasnt mountable and after searching the internet i found the solution was to change the filetype.
Sadly i forgot that this would delete my backup, which happened and the miui still wasnt mountable.
I tried your method but after a few miliseconds of the forced update it gets an error and stops.
Or lets say i tried your method while being in trwp recovery mode because otherwise no devices are being detected by adb tool.

i tried to install a p9 stock rom but i cant even mount that one, somehow nothing works.
I seriously dont know what to do anymore.

chesheggmun

Jan 20, 2018
hey!
i know this threads a little old now but you seem to have the most information on this issue, tried to follow your steps to the T but got stuck at step 7, ive uploaded the rollback UPDATE.APP however now i seem to be stuck on the " your device is booting now" page. im not sure why but i cant get into force recovery even though ive been trying with this all day.

im new to this, ive signed up literally to fix this issue so im not sure if i have to start my own thread or something ? but if you could help at all id be eternally grateful :D:D

kukubau

May 24, 2015
Hamburg
I got to stage 6, and when I rebooted my phone got stuck in a bootloop and is no longer recognized by the TWRP so i literally can't do anything with it :(. - any suggestions?

Any progress?

---------- Post added at 09:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 AM ----------

Hi

I came here because i tried to install miui on my P9 via trwp , somehow it wasnt mountable and after searching the internet i found the solution was to change the filetype.
Sadly i forgot that this would delete my backup, which happened and the miui still wasnt mountable.
I tried your method but after a few miliseconds of the forced update it gets an error and stops.
Or lets say i tried your method while being in trwp recovery mode because otherwise no devices are being detected by adb tool.

i tried to install a p9 stock rom but i cant even mount that one, somehow nothing works.
I seriously dont know what to do anymore.

You need to flash the recovery.img file to both recovery partitions. TWRP is of no use here, only in extreme situations when you need to repair the file system.

---------- Post added at 09:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 AM ----------

hey!
i know this threads a little old now but you seem to have the most information on this issue, tried to follow your steps to the T but got stuck at step 7, ive uploaded the rollback UPDATE.APP however now i seem to be stuck on the " your device is booting now" page. im not sure why but i cant get into force recovery even though ive been trying with this all day.

im new to this, ive signed up literally to fix this issue so im not sure if i have to start my own thread or something ? but if you could help at all id be eternally grateful :D:D

Did you flash system.img, boot.img, recovery.img etc. for your phone type using fastboot?

---------- Post added at 09:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 AM ----------

What phone do you have, type and region? Did you use the fw & rollback files for your phone?

chesheggmun

Jan 20, 2018
Any progress?

---------- Post added at 09:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 AM ----------

You need to flash the recovery.img file to both recovery partitions. TWRP is of no use here, only in extreme situations when you need to repair the file system.

---------- Post added at 09:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 AM ----------

Did you flash system.img, boot.img, recovery.img etc. for your phone type using fastboot?

---------- Post added at 09:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 AM ----------

What phone do you have, type and region? Did you use the fw & rollback files for your phone?

Yeah, I flashed them in fastboot, im beginning to think there might be an issue with my dload folder as nothing seems to be working in there. is there any way to check this ? i was able to see it before with twrp to see if the SD card was reading but since flashing it the touchscreen seems to have stopped responding.

muxicianjp

Mar 6, 2018
Huawei EVA-L19 no OS

what if phone is on EVA-L19C636? what will be the needed files for restoring the phone, and how to make it in a clean state before flashing roms.?

silveretaurushn

May 10, 2018
Error

i have a Huawei p9 eva-l09c432 hard bricked. I try fix using your way but it's not success. It has error: " Command not allow". Can you help me fix it. Thank you!!

Greger24688

Aug 15, 2018
London
Hi,

So I have a Huawei P9 EVA-L09

My story is that I once force updated the phone to Oreo. It obviously didnt like and game an "authorization failed" error at every startup and all Hauwei apps got deleted. So I unlocked the phone, reverted back to EMUI 4.1 but that seemed to have been a dead end (EVA-C900B136, C900 means global (I`m in Europe) and B136 is the firmware version which I didnt find anywhere for the global version) as no updates was able to be installed because even when force update was started it gave an error saying system version is wrong, update and try again.

So I downloaded a legit ROM that was on the P9 L09, extracted the ROM, started the phone in fastboot (volume down and inserting the USB cable) and used cmd promt (from the ADB toolkit folder) to install the system, boot, recovery and recovery2.img files.

Rebootesd the phone thinking its all good only to be stuck on the unlocked phone warming screen and "Your device is booting now..." I have tried two different legit L09 ROMs and countless times reflashing boot.img to no avail

Cant really use any step after 6 as because my phone wont load I cant copy any files over onto the microSD card into the dload fodler.

I do however have an OS ROM on my microSD card which when I try to hold down the Volume Up+Volume Down+Power button to open force update, it gives the same; this phone is unlocked option but no list of the 3 things you can do but the same error message and the "Your device is booting..." and is literally stuck on that message even though the Huawei logo does pop up and regardless if I let go or not of the Power button it goes to that screen. Cant turn phone off or do anything with it.

Maybe some genuine person who knows what they are doing properly can help me out what steps I should be taking, and even though I have another phone I still dont want to ruin a perfectly good (hardware wise P9). Can experiment on it hence me doing all this but obviously I wanna try and fix this issue and learn from all this valuable knowledge (I just love learning stuff like this).

Tecalote

Aug 6, 2015
Leipzig
Honor Magic4 Pro
Hi,

So I have a Huawei P9 EVA-L09

My story is that I once force updated the phone to Oreo. It obviously didnt like and game an "authorization failed" error at every startup and all Hauwei apps got deleted. So I unlocked the phone, reverted back to EMUI 4.1 but that seemed to have been a dead end (EVA-C900B136, C900 means global (I`m in Europe) and B136 is the firmware version which I didnt find anywhere for the global version) as no updates was able to be installed because even when force update was started it gave an error saying system version is wrong, update and try again.

So I downloaded a legit ROM that was on the P9 L09, extracted the ROM, started the phone in fastboot (volume down and inserting the USB cable) and used cmd promt (from the ADB toolkit folder) to install the system, boot, recovery and recovery2.img files.

Rebootesd the phone thinking its all good only to be stuck on the unlocked phone warming screen and "Your device is booting now..." I have tried two different legit L09 ROMs and countless times reflashing boot.img to no avail

Cant really use any step after 6 as because my phone wont load I cant copy any files over onto the microSD card into the dload fodler.

I do however have an OS ROM on my microSD card which when I try to hold down the Volume Up+Volume Down+Power button to open force update, it gives the same; this phone is unlocked option but no list of the 3 things you can do but the same error message and the "Your device is booting..." and is literally stuck on that message even though the Huawei logo does pop up and regardless if I let go or not of the Power button it goes to that screen. Cant turn phone off or do anything with it.

Maybe some genuine person who knows what they are doing properly can help me out what steps I should be taking, and even though I have another phone I still dont want to ruin a perfectly good (hardware wise P9). Can experiment on it hence me doing all this but obviously I wanna try and fix this issue and learn from all this valuable knowledge (I just love learning stuff like this).

You bricked your phone several times.

I am not wondering why it doesn't boot to system.

All you can do in this situation is to flash the Full Firmware for EVA-L09 c432 b182 with DC Phoenix Software (one session is about 15 EUR)
You can use the downloaded update.app (extracted from update.zip)
After that DC Phoenix will start your device in Upgrade Mode to repair the broken things.
Then you should be able to boot to the system.
Perhaps a Factoryreset is required between.
The Build Number will be EVA-L09C900b182.
Then you have to do rebrand to cust c432 with flashing the oeminfo.
After that you must flash again the Firmware b182 (with dload) without booting to system between.
Then you are on EVA-L09c432b182 and if SIM is inserted you will receive the updates to Nougat.
I can give you some further Links tomorrow.

And if you decide to go Oreo again, then do it with the right steps from here:
https://xdaforums.com/p9/development/rebrand-update-tool-hwota7-p9-eva-t3820849

Reactions: Greger24688

Greger24688

Aug 15, 2018
London
You bricked your phone several times.

I am not wondering why it doesn't boot to system.

All you can do in this situation is to flash the Full Firmware for EVA-L09 c432 b182 with DC Phoenix Software (one session is about 15 EUR)
You can use the downloaded update.app (extracted from update.zip)
After that DC Phoenix will start your device in Upgrade Mode to repair the broken things.
Then you should be able to boot to the system.
Perhaps a Factoryreset is required between.
The Build Number will be EVA-L09C900b182.
Then you have to do rebrand to cust c432 with flashing the oeminfo.
After that you must flash again the Firmware b182 (with dload) without booting to system between.
Then you are on EVA-L09c432b182 and if SIM is inserted you will receive the updates to Nougat.
I can give you some further Links tomorrow.

And if you decide to go Oreo again, then do it with the right steps from here:
https://xdaforums.com/p9/development/rebrand-update-tool-hwota7-p9-eva-t3820849

I am unsure as to how one can brick their phone multiple times. I guess have to update the meaning of that word to your phone can fully function properly but no updates can be installed. Not sure. I guess its still a valuable learning experience for me to know how to do things and it is true I should`ve done the Oreo update properly but kinda didnt and it went all downhill from there.

I will try and do what you wrote down tomorrow and will get back to you on the results. Thanks for your reply

Tecalote

Aug 6, 2015
Leipzig
Honor Magic4 Pro
I am unsure as to how one can brick their phone multiple times. I guess have to update the meaning of that word to your phone can fully function properly but no updates can be installed. Not sure. I guess its still a valuable learning experience for me to know how to do things and it is true I should`ve done the Oreo update properly but kinda didnt and it went all downhill from there.

I will try and do what you wrote down tomorrow and will get back to you on the results. Thanks for your reply

Question: Is it possible to boot into Fastboot Mode (connected USB and press Vol- together with PowerButton until phone starts to Fastboot Mode)
What is disabled on screen if you are in Fastboot Mode? FRP= (locked or unlocked) and Phone = (locked or unlocked)?

"I am unsure as to how one can brick their phone multiple times"
I meant, you did not just make one mistake :)

1) You should not flash Firmware that doesn't match your device and cust. But you flashed Chinese Oreo Firmware over European Brand..

2) Downgrade Software from Oreo back to Nougat for dload doesn't exist. The only way back to your original Firmware in this case would have been: TWRP for Oreo and flashing correct Firmware for L09 with HuRUpdater with Factoryreset after. This step would have been solved the problem.

3) From this point a Downgrade to Android 6 would have been possible with b300 dload method first and flashing b182 with dload after. (if there would have been any reason for downgrade like OEM Unlock disabled and greyed out)

Yes, you're right, it's a learning process.
Here's the Link for b182:
https://www.carbontesla.com/2016/11/download-huawei-p9-b182-marshmallow-update-europe/

(Unzip it and flash update.app with DC Phoenix - and wait for restore in upgrade mode)

Here's TWRP for P9 for Android 6:
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=457095661767122229

(you need this for flashing oeminfo c432)

Before you flash oeminfo make sure b182 update.app is in dload folder on external SD

Here's oeminfo (EVA-L09C432) :
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=746010030569961266

After flashing oeminfo, disconnect USB and use restart button - but in the moment of black screen press Vol+ and Vol- Button in the middle down until phone begin to apply the EMUI Update.
After this, your phone should be ok again.

---------- Post added at 07:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 AM ----------

I have not yet found solution. My phone is still hard bricked

You mean, it's not possible to power on your phone - no reaction, black screen, no Fastboot Mode, no eRecovery, no Stock Recovery - nothing?

Last edited:
Reactions: Greger24688

Greger24688

Aug 15, 2018
London
Question: Is it possible to boot into Fastboot Mode (connected USB and press Vol- together with PowerButton until phone starts to Fastboot Mode)
What is disabled on screen if you are in Fastboot Mode? FRP= (locked or unlocked) and Phone = (locked or unlocked)?

Both FRP and PHONE says its unlocked if I enter fastboot using the Vol- with connecting the USB.

Here's TWRP for P9 for Android 6:
link here but since I dont have 10 posts it doesnt allow me to report your link

The download link is for an L19 oeminfo. And the one you linked after is the same but for L09. Not to question if you know your stuff just curious how that works. Also shouldnt I (or can I) leave it as L19 and potentially make it easier for an Oreo upgrade? I know I might be getting ahead of myself thinking about Oreo before even fixing the phone to work I just wanna know to be fair

Greger24688

Aug 15, 2018
London
(Unzip it and flash update.app with DC Phoenix - and wait for restore in upgrade mode)

So I downloaded DC Phoenix. Paid for the app, then selected the UPDATE.APP you gave the link to, started the phone in fastboot mode (Vol-+PwrButton) so everything should have worked... But it didnt. It fails on its first try

"Writing XLOADER partition with file C:\Users\Zoli\Desktop\dcunlocker\dc phoenix\DC_Phoenix_v52\XLOADER.img
XLOADER partition UPDATE ...FAILED"

Then it displays the same message and is stuck on XLOADER and the loading bar keeps loading and loading over and over again without any real progress. Should I not be using Standard mode and try advance and skip XLOADER?

EDIT: Tried to narrow it down to the 4 main .imgs that worked with the cmd window before (Boot,system, recovery and recovery2) but same thing happens regardless of what I try to update. Gives the FAILED error and then gets stuck on the same command to write these partitions.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you own an European P9:

1. download EVA-L19C432B386 firmware
    2. Extract the UPDATE.APP from the update.zip file and copy it in a folder C:\temp for convenience.
    3. Using Huawei Update Extractor unpack UPDATE.APP to a subfolder. You should obtain several img files and some other files which are not needed.
    3. Download Adb Toolkit from somewhere. Copy SYSTEM.IMG, BOOT.IMG, RECOVERY.IMG, RECOVERY2.IMG files to the "Adb Toolkit" folder.
    4. Open a command prompt session with administrator rights
    5. From Adb Toolkit folder run in sequence:

fastboot flash boot.img
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    fastboot flash recovery2 recovery2.img
    fastboot flash system system.img

6. Reboot the phone!
    Does it boot normally?
    6.a. It does not boot. Doesn't matter. Proceed to the next step!

7. Obtain the rollback package for your phone, L09 or L19.

http://download-c1.huawei.com/download/downloadCenter?downloadId=92086 - for L09

http://download-c1.huawei.com/download/downloadCenter?downloadId=92093 - for L19

Extract update.zip file, copy UPDATE.APP to the SD card in the "dload" FOLDER. Nothing else should exist in this folder.

8. Download L19C432B182
    http://update.hicloud.com:8180/TDS/data/files/p3/s15/G1079/g104/v74994/f1/full/update.zip

or L09C432B182 firmware,
    http://update.hicloud.com:8180/TDS/data/files/p3/s15/G1079/g104/v63880/f1/full/update.zip

depending on the phone you have.

Extract update.zip file, copy once more UPDATE.APP to the SD card in the "dload" folder, overwriting the existing UPDATE.APP file.

Important that you should download the equivalent firmware for your phone.

The rollback package works for both versions of the phone L09 (single sim) and L19 (dual sim) so it's not really important which one you use. You will flash Marshmallow 6.0 anyway (EVA-L19C432B182) over by force update.

You will eventually boot into Marshmallow 6.0 - L19C432B182 firmware. Run system update 3 times to reach Nougat 7.0. It will update the firmware to Nougat 7.0 - EVA - L19C432B386.

Please leave feedback and click the thanks button!
    Doesn't work for L19, the OTA update part, beyond B388.

---------- Post added at 05:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 AM ----------

Doesn't work for L19, so I'll have to wait.

I've added a nocheck L19 recovery image to the thread this morning: https://xdaforums.com/p9/development/eva-nocheck-recovery-flash-unapproved-t3705125 so if you have a unlocked bootloader, you can now flash FullOTA-MF OTAs too
    What version of the phone do you have? EVA-L19C*** ?

Post back and I'll try to help you! Is not all lost.
    TG, I don't need to unbrick but I wonder, if it would boot correctly to c432b386 in step 6, would it be necessary to continue with rollback and OTA upgrades to reach again the same c432b386?

Also does such extracting and flashing of partitions manually work for every FullOTA-MF-PV?

I always follow by flashing the base B182 firmware and update it via system update to have a clean running android OS.

A thanks would be nice in the forums.

---------- Post added at 05:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 AM ----------

Followed the guide and now the phone is working agin :D
    the Dload failed at 99% but the phone booted corectly (it diddent before) so now my problem is fixed !
    Tnx for the guide :)

Great. A thanks in the forum would be nice. :)

---------- Post added at 06:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 AM ----------

Can i use this guide for EVA-l09?

Yes. It seems you already have.

---------- Post added at 06:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 AM ----------

TG, I don't need to unbrick but I wonder, if it would boot correctly to c432b386 in step 6, would it be necessary to continue with rollback and OTA upgrades to reach again the same c432b386?

Also does such extracting and flashing of partitions manually work for every FullOTA-MF-PV?

I'd say proceed in flashing L19C432182 to erase old partition table and obtain a clean OS installation. I always do this, regardless if it boots after step 6 or not. Sometimes it won't boot at all.

I don't know if that applies to all firmware. For EVA-L19, I've noticed after numerous flashes, that B386 brings the partition layout to a usable state so I can force flash using the dload method.

It took me a while to realize that B386 is the right firmware for fastboot flashing. Other firmwares fail completely when flashing system.img.

Using the above described method gave me 100% results.

I always do a factory reset and wipe cache/dalvik cache afterwards.
    NP. Strange that you don't receive OTA updates.

Btw, for OTA, you must have (make sure you have):
    - valid SIM card
    - stock firmware (no root, not TWRP, etc)
    - WiFi
    (Only Bootloader can be unlocked, doesn't matter).
    Also,give a time to OTA, at least half a day (phone switched on, with SIM card and WiFi)

You can try also to upgrade:
    - from HiSuite
    - from eRecovery (Pow off, connect to charger, keep pressing Vol+, press Pow), select Install latest firmware and recovery

If still no success, install Firmware Finder (you can find on Playstore or find thread on XDA and download the app; they have also PC version)

Look fo the available downloads for EVA-L09c432.
    All off the type FullOTA-MF-PV (see screenshots) can be installed by DLOAD method.

You can start with b378:
    - download its two files as on screenshot
    - on SD card, create folder /DLOAD, and put the two downloaded zip files in that folder (do.not rename, do not unzip)
    - pow off, keep pressing Vol+ and Vol-, press Pow

After installing b378 (it's Nougat), check again for OTA (System Update, eRecovery, HiSuite).
    If still no OTA, go for DLOAD b383.

(Once you will be on Nougat, there are also other methods to enforce installation of newest firmwares, but better start with regular OTA and/or DLOAD.
    For OTA it may also depend in which country you are and with which SIM/operator, but assume you are not somewhere where OTAs are blocked)

It works thank you very much!