HELP! I'm stuck on bootloader unlocked warning screen.

iAMe100XP

Feb 22, 2014
Columbus
Hello, any help would be appreciated as I have seemed to have gotten Myself stuck on the screen that warns Me about the bootloader being unlocked. I hope this is in the right section of the forum.

So I have enabled at least 10 Magisk Modules at the same time, carefully read the files attached to them within the app, tried to make sure they didn't do too much to the system where I'd have to worry about this sort of thing happening but of course, with My luck, it did anyway. I plugged My device into My laptop to try to just flash the magisk_patched.img and it just brought Me back to the same screen, sometimes it would reboot itself several times before stopping when plugged in to My laptop. I've read somewhere that the Miracast module might be the culprit so I sought to enter TWRP through fastboot and delete the module BUT IT'S NOWHERE TO BE FOUND. I have also tried all these button combinations I kept seeing people talk about on various forums, like pressing all 3, Power+Volume Up, etc and holding them for various amounts of time and none of this has gotten Me past the warning screen. I seen something about uninmod but I've heard that this doesn't work on v.19+ and I can't seem to even find the magisk folder anywhere at all to begin with. I couldn't backup My phone because Google kept saying "waiting to backup" so I'm screwed if I have to just restart and hope it doesn't have to come to that.

My questions are:
Is there any folders I may be missing?
Is there any way to backup My device through TWRP or fastboot now even though TWRP won't mount and I can't boot into the OS?
Is there a way to delete Magisk or the modules that I can try, that I haven't mentioned/don't know about?

Thanks in advance!

iAMe100XP

Feb 22, 2014
Columbus
Sorry didn't see this until today. Did you end up giving up and starting over with a clean flash or still having issues?
It's all good. No I wasn't going to mess with it until I done enough research or someone had replied and I had the time. I was thinking about doing something today or this weekend. I read some things online that I bookmarked about using the "pull" command on ADB, being able to save the image from TWRP after using the fastboot command to boot into TWRP, and I seen some other post on XDA about a certain method they used to stop bootloops. Even though I don't have bootloops, I'm just stuck, maybe it'll be helpful information. At this point though I'm wondering if I even want to save anything, like will restoring it have Me stuck right back on the same screen? I'm sure I did something wrong because I have none of My old phones app DATA, and I think I thought the Google Backup or OnePlus Switch App was going to put the whole APK on My phone (which I don't want) or the data only, which is what I want. Any help would be appreciated because someone is trying to buy this S10+ but I'm still using it.

Hw4ng3r

Dec 12, 2008
Toronto
First questions: what phone are you trying to fix, s10+ or 7T Pro McLaren?

Second: If you answered 7T Pro McLaren, what mode (recovery, fastboot, etc) can you get into?

Last edited:

Hw4ng3r

Dec 12, 2008
Toronto
I'm trying to get off the Root Warning Screen for the 7T Pro McLaren. I can get into fastboot, recovery mode, and TWRP via fastboot command.
Are you referring to the bootloader unlocked warning? The only way to get that off is to relock the bootloader (will lose personal data when you do this).

iAMe100XP

Feb 22, 2014
Columbus
Are you referring to the bootloader unlocked warning? The only way to get that off is to relock the bootloader (will lose personal data when you do this).
I don't want to lock the bootloader or care to get rid of the warning atm. I just can't get past the screen and into the OS. There is possibly a Magisk module I flashed but I can't find the Magisk folder or the modules in TWRP via Fastboot.

Hw4ng3r

Dec 12, 2008
Toronto
I don't want to lock the bootloader or care to get rid of the warning atm. I just can't get past the screen and into the OS. There is possibly a Magisk module I flashed but I can't find the Magisk folder or the modules in TWRP via Fastboot.
Ah. You won't be able to access the Magisk folder in TWRP because TWRP can't decrypt the storage partition on the 7T pros.

One way you can try is by booting your stock boot.img from fastboot using
Code:
fastboot boot boot.img
Just make sure that the boot.img you're using is from the exact version of OOS you are currently running. This should boot the OS without Magisk/root.

The other method (source) is to place your phone into safe mode, then reboot normally, and it's supposed to boot up with all magisk modules disabled.

To put your phone into safe mode:
Make sure your phone is completely turned off
1. Press and hold power button to turn on device
2. As soon as 1+ logo pops up, release power button and press and hold volume down button until device finishes booting up. (Just hold through the bootloader unlocked screen and through the startup animations).

I just tested this on my 7T Pro (non mclaren) and it first booted into safe mode, then when I did a standard reboot via power button then selecting reboot, it started back up in "normal mode" with all magisk modules disabled.

That "source" link is from the Magisk github and has a "manual disable/uninstall of all modules" method using adb as well.

iAMe100XP

Feb 22, 2014
Columbus
Ah. You won't be able to access the Magisk folder in TWRP because TWRP can't decrypt the storage partition on the 7T pros.

Code:
fastboot boot boot.img
Just make sure that the boot.img you're using is from the exact version of OOS you are currently running. This should boot the OS without Magisk/root.

The other method (source) is to place your phone into safe mode, then reboot normally, and it's supposed to boot up with all magisk modules disabled.

2. As soon as 1+ logo pops up, release power button and press and hold volume down button until device finishes booting up. (Just hold through the bootloader unlocked screen and through the startup animations).

I just tested this on my 7T Pro (non mclaren) and it first booted into safe mode, then when I did a standard reboot via power button then selecting reboot, it started back up in "normal mode" with all magisk modules disabled.

That "source" link is from the Magisk github and has a "manual disable/uninstall of all modules" method using adb as well.
OK, I will check these things out and report back. I believe I flashed TWRP and the patched Magisk image but maybe I didn't do the original boot image. The problem with the one suggestion is I don't see a 1+ image at all, it just stays on the warning screen forever. I do have advanced boot or whatever turned on I believe where it gives Me more options when holding the power button, provided I can get into the OS but that's not the case. I will try to just hold the volume down when I see the warning screen.

iAMe100XP

Feb 22, 2014
Columbus
Correction: I see a 1+ logo but no matter what I did, any button combination or booting in with the power button after getting into Safe mode, none of these things did anything but bring Me to the same screen...

iAMe100XP

Feb 22, 2014
Columbus

Code:
fastboot boot boot.img

Jesus Christ! All I had to do was use the original boot image and push it using fastboot? Omg. I'm in My phone now lol. I can't believe it was that simple. I'm sure I original I didn't do this because I thought that it would erase everything or do something dire but apparently everything is still here... wow. Thanks man, I really appreciate it! Now do I re-boot the Magisk patched image through fastboot or do I uninstall modules first or what?

Hw4ng3r

Dec 12, 2008
Toronto
Jesus Christ! All I had to do was use the original boot image and push it using fastboot? Omg. I'm in My phone now lol. I can't believe it was that simple. I'm sure I original I didn't do this because I thought that it would erase everything or do something dire but apparently everything is still here... wow. Thanks man, I really appreciate it! Now do I re-boot the Magisk patched image through fastboot or do I uninstall modules first or what?
I've never ran into any Magisk issues before so I don't know what to tell you from this point on. I'd like to say that you can probably go into Magisk manager and disable/delete your modules, but I don't know enough about the inner workings of Magisk.

You should probably back up all your data at this stage before you do anything further lol

iAMe100XP

Feb 22, 2014
Columbus
I've never ran into any Magisk issues before so I don't know what to tell you from this point on. I'd like to say that you can probably go into Magisk manager and disable/delete your modules, but I don't know enough about the inner workings of Magisk.

You should probably back up all your data at this stage before you do anything further lol
Will do, thanks. Do you know if OnePlus Switch transfers APKs or Data? I just want the data and I already used it from My S10+ and wonder if it will be confused by files that already exist or create duplicates. What's the best way to back up if Google keeps saying it's waiting to backup.

Hw4ng3r

Dec 12, 2008
Toronto
Will do, thanks. Do you know if OnePlus Switch transfers APKs or Data? I just want the data and I already used it from My S10+ and wonder if it will be confused by files that already exist or create duplicates. What's the best way to back up if Google keeps saying it's waiting to backup.
I'm not sure about 1+ Switch since I've never used it before.

Check this post for an app others have used.

Reactions: iAMe100XP