*HELP!!* locked bootloader with no OS

Search This thread

prestigiousboi

Jun 7, 2015
So here's my problem...
I've accidentally wiped out entire phone (including OS)...
I still have access to TWRP, but the bootloader is locked, meaning I cannot flash stock rom (or any roms) to my phone...

I've tried to use following command:
fastboot oem unlock​
but it gives me this:
<bootloader> Check 'Allow OEM Unlock' in Developer Options.​
FAILED <remote failure>​

How can I check 'Allow OEM unlock' if I can't even get to the setting..?

I see others have similar issue like me but there's no solution to be found... Anyone know how to fix this problem??

G

GuestK0087

So here's my problem...
I've accidentally wiped out entire phone (including OS)...
I still have access to TWRP, but the bootloader is locked, meaning I cannot flash stock rom (or any roms) to my phone...

I've tried to use following command:
fastboot oem unlock​
but it gives me this:
<bootloader> Check 'Allow OEM Unlock' in Developer Options.​
FAILED <remote failure>​

How can I check 'Allow OEM unlock' if I can't even get to the setting..?

I see others have similar issue like me but there's no solution to be found... Anyone know how to fix this problem??

Boot into TWRP. Connect to PC. Download a ROM to your PC. Drag and drop the ROM into your internal storage. Flash ROM with TWRP. Enable oem unlock via developer options. Boot to bootloader. Fastboot oem unlock.

:)

prestigiousboi

Jun 7, 2015
Boot into TWRP. Connect to PC. Download a ROM to your PC. Drag and drop the ROM into your internal storage. Flash ROM with TWRP. Enable oem unlock via developer options. Boot to bootloader. Fastboot oem unlock.

:)

Thanks for the comment,

I've tried it and it gave me following error:
Skipping MD5 check: no MD5 file found​
Error flashing zip 'sdcard/image-shamu-lmy47d.zip'​

:(

G

GuestK0087

Thanks for the comment,

I've tried it and it gave me following error:
Skipping MD5 check: no MD5 file found​
Error flashing zip 'sdcard/image-shamu-lmy47d.zip'​

:(

Are you trying to flash a factory image through TWRP? That won't work. Download a ROM (other than M preview) from the Android development section. Any custom ROM other than M.

---------- Post added at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

Something like this:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3061595

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
G

GuestK0087

why not m? it booted fine for me via twrp, the twrp flashable version at least.

To get him up and running with a locked bootloader, I chose to keep it simple. M would require the bootloader and radio flash and that's not happening with a locked bootloader. ;)

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
To get him up and running with a locked bootloader, I chose to keep it simple. M would require the bootloader and radio flash and that's not happening with a locked bootloader. ;)

doesnt require the radio flash, but does require the bootloader flash. I did forget though, you're right. I updated that via twrp as well. but you are very right about keeping it simple :)