[Help] LS997 DirtySanta Stuck at Secure Startup

Search This thread

Phoenix591

Oct 15, 2017
If you've hit secure startup the phone has likely booted into regular Android far enough to replace twrp with stock recovery. Reboot into fastboot and reflash twrp (you can use the newest twrp if you want). Once done flashing unplug from PC and pull the battery. Reinsert the battery then boot into twrp via the factory reset/volume button method: hold volume down, press power until the screen turns on then (still holding vol - ) tap power repeatedly until a prompt to factory reset appears. Approving it twice boots twrp if it's installed, otherwise stock recovery will do the reset.

Once in twrp go to wipe, then format data (type yes to confirm), then go to reboot, then recovery. Once twrp restarts flash your choice of magisk/supersu.

Once one of those two is installed it makes it so twrp won't be replaced.

Last edited:
Reactions: strapdad

strapdad

Apr 17, 2019
If you've hit secure startup the phone has likely booted into regular Android far enough to replace twrp with stock recovery. Reboot into fastboot and reflash twrp (you can use the newest twrp if you want). Once done flashing unplug from PC and pull the battery. Reinsert the battery then boot into twrp via the factory reset/volume button method: hold volume down, press power until the screen turns on then (still holding vol - ) tap power repeatedly until a prompt to factory reset appears. Approving it twice boots twrp if it's installed, otherwise stock recovery will do the reset.

Once in twrp go to wipe, then format data (type yes to confirm), then go to reboot, then recovery. Once twrp restarts flash your choice of magisk/supersu.

Did this, got to the set-up screen (languages, accessibility) and an error ¨com.android.phone has stopped¨ spammed the screen. I tap ¨stop app¨ and the pop-up comes back immediately.
I tried to fix it by factory resetting (in the settings, NOT using the volume down/power button menu OR TWRP) and now I´m stuck in TWRP. Every time I try to reboot to System, it boots to TWRP now.

Phoenix591

Oct 15, 2017
Did this, got to the set-up screen (languages, accessibility) and an error ¨com.android.phone has stopped¨ spammed the screen. I tap ¨stop app¨ and the pop-up comes back immediately.
I tried to fix it by factory resetting (in the settings, NOT using the volume down/power button menu OR TWRP) and now I´m stuck in TWRP. Every time I try to reboot to System, it boots to TWRP now.

Power down, then boot to twrp using the volume buttons. Use the wipe menu there to do the reset.

Prowler_gr

Jun 5, 2010
Wiped it, still get the com.android.phone errors.
Unfortunate, makes doing anything impossible with so many error popups.

Reflash your variant's official KDZ using [PARTITION DL] with patched LGUP leaving [aboot], [abootbak], [recovery], [recoverybak] partitions unchecked.
- Once the flash finishes & phone reboots, do a battery pull so phone doesn't fully boot (wiping recovery & encrypting data)
- Insert battery again
- While pressing volume down button - reinsert usb cable so it boots into fastboot mode.
- Follow dirtysanta guide for your variant from running step3.bat onwoards (which flashes TWRP back into your otherwise stock phone).

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.