[HELP!!!] Making Viper4Android work in Samsung SnapDragon

Search This thread

ffp.

Oct 6, 2011
Ok, I am now desperate. I've tried everything I could find and nothing worked. I have posted in several threads, pmed a bunch of people, got some answers and help, but my problem continues.

I have a Samsung S21+ (Exynos) running Android 12 and Viper4Android works great. My Samsung S22 Ultra, rooted SnapDragon running Android 12 with Dr. Ketan ROM keeps asking for drivers everytime I open V4A (driver installation loop).
I have tried everything I could find in XDA, including:

- Several modules like: AML, Audio Compatibility Patch, Dolby, JamesDSP, V4A Repacked, Shadow fix and several other modules fixes. All of those in different orders of installation according to the thread they were described. Didn't work.

- Changing post-fs-data.sh. At this time, I noticed that my device only has audio_effects.xml in two paths: vendor/etc and vendor/etc/audio/sku_taro (system/vendor is the same as vendor/). So, I changed the "mount" path inside post-fs-data.sh to those two path and pasted it again inside data/adb/modules/Viper4AndroidFX/. Didn't work.

- As nothing worked, I began to try to understand what the hell V4A needs to work. I noticed that my device have several audio_effects xml that have code lines with "V4A" inside vendor/etc. Those are:

audio_effects_haptic.xml
audio_effects_sec.xml
audio_effects_vr360.xml
audio_effects.xml

There are other audio xml, but they doesn't seem to have V4A lines. Those files, however were not present in sku_taro folder. And I'm not sure if they should. Sku_taro folder files cannot be renamed/edited, so I had to create a magisk module for that.
I added all those 4 modified files (copied from vendor/etc) to sku_taro. Also, sku_taro have audio_effects.conf, while vendor/etc doesn't. However V4A ins't able to modify any file insisde sku_taro, so I don't have a modified version of audio_effects.conf.I tried pasting audio_effects_common.conf from my S21+ (Exynos) but didn't work.

So, what I need is help from someone who knows about Samsung devices or has a Samsung Snapdragon running Android 12 and V4A. If someone has aphone from S21 line SnapDragon running A12 and V4A, please help me!
What I need to know is:

1- What V4A modified files should be in each of the vendor folders?

2- What should be added in audio_effects.conf?

3- Should I use post-fs-data.sh?

I really, really hope we can fix that. I'm sure there will be a LOT of Samsung users that will be very happy if we do.

PS: Some info
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra (S908E) SnapDragon Android 12
Root: Magisk 24.3 (Dr. Ketan ROM).
SELinux: "Permissive" when command getenforce on Termux

If any more information, like prints or file code lines are needed I can provide them!

Fireburito

Apr 23, 2016
Also fellow S22U Snapdragon owner here (S908N). I've been seeing you around the threads as I am also trying to get Viper working on this thing. Hope you find a way to get it working, I hope you'll share the steps if you can make it work. Best of luck.
If you want an accelerated progress you might have to put a bounty on this.

Fireburito

Apr 23, 2016
Ok, I am now desperate. I've tried everything I could find and nothing worked. I have posted in several threads, pmed a bunch of people, got some answers and help, but my problem continues.

I have a Samsung S21+ (Exynos) running Android 12 and Viper4Android works great. My Samsung S22 Ultra, rooted SnapDragon running Android 12 with Dr. Ketan ROM keeps asking for drivers everytime I open V4A (driver installation loop).
I have tried everything I could find in XDA, including:

- Several modules like: AML, Audio Compatibility Patch, Dolby, JamesDSP, V4A Repacked, Shadow fix and several other modules fixes. All of those in different orders of installation according to the thread they were described. Didn't work.

- Changing post-fs-data.sh. At this time, I noticed that my device only has audio_effects.xml in two paths: vendor/etc and vendor/etc/audio/sku_taro (system/vendor is the same as vendor/). So, I changed the "mount" path inside post-fs-data.sh to those two path and pasted it again inside data/adb/modules/Viper4AndroidFX/. Didn't work.

- As nothing worked, I began to try to understand what the hell V4A needs to work. I noticed that my device have several audio_effects xml that have code lines with "V4A" inside vendor/etc. Those are:

audio_effects_haptic.xml
audio_effects_sec.xml
audio_effects_vr360.xml
audio_effects.xml

There are other audio xml, but they doesn't seem to have V4A lines. Those files, however were not present in sku_taro folder. And I'm not sure if they should. Sku_taro folder files cannot be renamed/edited, so I had to create a magisk module for that.
I added all those 4 modified files (copied from vendor/etc) to sku_taro. Also, sku_taro have audio_effects.conf, while vendor/etc doesn't. However V4A ins't able to modify any file insisde sku_taro, so I don't have a modified version of audio_effects.conf.I tried pasting audio_effects_common.conf from my S21+ (Exynos) but didn't work.

So, what I need is help from someone who knows about Samsung devices or has a Samsung Snapdragon running Android 12 and V4A. If someone has aphone from S21 line SnapDragon running A12 and V4A, please help me!
What I need to know is:

1- What V4A modified files should be in each of the vendor folders?

2- What should be added in audio_effects.conf?

3- Should I use post-fs-data.sh?

I really, really hope we can fix that. I'm sure there will be a LOT of Samsung users that will be very happy if we do.

PS: Some info
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra (S908E) SnapDragon Android 12
Root: Magisk 24.3 (Dr. Ketan ROM).
SELinux: "Permissive" when command getenforce on Termux

If any more information, like prints or file code lines are needed I can provide them!
Okay, I got JamesDSP working now. Had to install AML, and then install JameDSP with the Huawei installation method. I'm gonna try to flash Viper on see if that does anything.

ffp.

Oct 6, 2011
Okay, I got JamesDSP working now. Had to install AML, and then install JameDSP with the Huawei installation method. I'm gonna try to flash Viper on see if that does anything.
I tried that too. I can get Jamesdsp to work, but it is way inferior to V4A. At least I couldn't get a good bass from it.

I know several other users that want that too. It would be nice to have someone who knows the working of V4A to help or at least a S21 SD owner to share his files and codes, maybe we can copy them.

What you mean by bounty? I ambwilling to try anything for this to work and I will not stop until we make it. The main reason I rooted this damn thing was to get V4A.

Fireburito

Apr 23, 2016
I tried that too. I can get Jamesdsp to work, but it is way inferior to V4A. At least I couldn't get a good bass from it.

I know several other users that want that too. It would be nice to have someone who knows the working of V4A to help or at least a S21 SD owner to share his files and codes, maybe we can copy them.

What you mean by bounty? I ambwilling to try anything for this to work and I will not stop until we make it. The main reason I rooted this damn thing was to get V4A.
Yeah, before I couldn't even get JamesDSP to work, so just having it now as some form sound mod is semi-okay. I'm trying to use that to piggyback off to install Viper, but to no avail.
I think it's something with the Huawei install method that got it working ? As installing with the normal method before just made the app crash. The module files in JamesDSP correctly targeted the sku-taro folders too, unlike Viper.
A bounty is basically you post a reward amount to any dev that can get Viper working on our SD S22U, it will at least get some experienced and knowledgeable people onboard trying to figure it out instead of us grasping at straws.

ffp.

Oct 6, 2011
Yeah, before I couldn't even get JamesDSP to work, so just having it now as some form sound mod is semi-okay. I'm trying to use that to piggyback off to install Viper, but to no avail.
I think it's something with the Huawei install method that got it working ? As installing with the normal method before just made the app crash. The module files in JamesDSP correctly targeted the sku-taro folders too, unlike Viper.
A bounty is basically you post a reward amount to any dev that can get Viper working on our SD S22U, it will at least get some experienced and knowledgeable people onboard trying to figure it out instead of us grasping at straws.
I understand. That's a good idea. And I am willing to help the devs anyway i can.
How do I start the bounty? Where should I post and how I get people to participate?

I know there are a bunch of people who wants that.

Also, it would be very good to know if v4a works in S21 SD, since that can either lead to a hint on how to make it work or at least get more people into the matter, since the systems probably are very similar.

Fireburito

Apr 23, 2016
I understand. That's a good idea. And I am willing to help the devs anyway i can.
How do I start the bounty? Where should I post and how I get people to participate?

I know there are a bunch of people who wants that.

Also, it would be very good to know if v4a works in S21 SD, since that can either lead to a hint on how to make it work or at least get more people into the matter, since the systems probably are very similar.
No idea tbh, I saw one guy post a bounty to get viper working on snapdragon s21 ultra, and it was claimed, but that was mostly it. I don't participate in these forums much so don't know about the specifics.
I have seen a few posts about snapdragon S21U with viper on one ui 4, but whatever methods they were using didn't work on s22u iirc, probably because those phones started with android 10, 11, whilst S22U is android 12 out of the box.