HELP ME!!! BRICK/BLANK SCREEN

Search This thread

sinagaB

May 15, 2020
Help me.
my device is pixel 4xl with rooted android 13 beta 3.2 .
At first I saw on the lockscreen it said "cerficate expired" and face unlock didn't work.
I thought that if I restarted it would work again, but when I restarted the device it wouldn't turn on, I've tried pressing the power button for 1 minute, it still doesn't react, it doesn't even vibrate....
please help me to find the solution....

#mcl

Mar 26, 2020
Spain
Google Pixel 4 XL
Help me.
my device is pixel 4xl with rooted android 13 beta 3.2 .
At first I saw on the lockscreen it said "cerficate expired" and face unlock didn't work.
I thought that if I restarted it would work again, but when I restarted the device it wouldn't turn on, I've tried pressing the power button for 1 minute, it still doesn't react, it doesn't even vibrate....
please help me to find the solution....
Hey! You may be on EDL mode.
To exit it you have to press power button and one of the volumes buttons, though I don't remember which one. Just have a look on Google and you will find something.
As for the certificate, I saw people having that problem if they replaced the front camera or the face id module. I don't if that's your case, but as you have root you may be able to recover face id functionality.
Let me know how it goes! ☺️

sinagaB

May 15, 2020
Hey! You may be on EDL mode.
To exit it you have to press power button and one of the volumes buttons, though I don't remember which one. Just have a look on Google and you will find something.
As for the certificate, I saw people having that problem if they replaced the front camera or the face id module. I don't if that's your case, but as you have root you may be able to recover face id functionality.
Let me know how it goes! ☺️
Still didn't work :"(

#mcl

Mar 26, 2020
Spain
Google Pixel 4 XL
Connect your phone to the PC(must be running windows). The open device manager and under the ports tab, do you see "Qualcomm HS-USB Qloader 9008 (COM *a number*)? Or something similar

#mcl

Mar 26, 2020
Spain
Google Pixel 4 XL
Then you are on EDL mode, as when you boot in that mode, the phone change how it shows up on the PC. You need to try to get out of there. If you can't, as you said you were having issues with the OS, maybe something is broken and the phone can't boot up.

When Android starts it has 2 bootloaders (the normal bootloader and the secondary one, which has EDL mode). If the standard bootloader fails, then it uses the second one which is EDL.

So here are some suggestions:
1. Try to hold the power key + volume up key for several seconds. If it doesn't work do the same with the volume down key

2. If that doesn't work there is another method, though it's riskier and might not work. Try to open the phone and disconnect the battery, leave it disconnected for some seconds, reconnect and try to boot the phone.

If none of those things worked for you, it means you will need to flash the firmware to your phone using EDL, as the bootloader is damaged.
Unfourtynaly there is not much info on using EDL on Pixel devices, though a lot of people use EDL to unlock Xiaomi's bootloader, so maybe have a look on those forums. On my profile, I tried to use the EDL mode to unlock a Pixel bootloader(mine is carrier-locked), though had no success, you will find a lot of helpful information to solve your problem, like the tools and files you will need and some overall idea of how EDL works.

Hope those help you and let me know if I can help you further 😊

sinagaB

May 15, 2020
Then you are on EDL mode, as when you boot in that mode, the phone change how it shows up on the PC. You need to try to get out of there. If you can't, as you said you were having issues with the OS, maybe something is broken and the phone can't boot up.

When Android starts it has 2 bootloaders (the normal bootloader and the secondary one, which has EDL mode). If the standard bootloader fails, then it uses the second one which is EDL.

So here are some suggestions:
1. Try to hold the power key + volume up key for several seconds. If it doesn't work do the same with the volume down key

2. If that doesn't work there is another method, though it's riskier and might not work. Try to open the phone and disconnect the battery, leave it disconnected for some seconds, reconnect and try to boot the phone.

If none of those things worked for you, it means you will need to flash the firmware to your phone using EDL, as the bootloader is damaged.
Unfourtynaly there is not much info on using EDL on Pixel devices, though a lot of people use EDL to unlock Xiaomi's bootloader, so maybe have a look on those forums. On my profile, I tried to use the EDL mode to unlock a Pixel bootloader(mine is carrier-locked), though had no success, you will find a lot of helpful information to solve your problem, like the tools and files you will need and some overall idea of how EDL works.

Hope those help you and let me know if I can help you further 😊
step 1&2 didn't work ,, by the way, thank you for replying my thread ... so there's no possible way to fix this , sir? bcause i'mnot an expert to this . :))

Last edited: