Help me! Camera error

Search This thread

zimz626

Sep 18, 2012
it solved your problem?
If yes, from which rom have you taken the persist.img?

Nope still suffering about my front camera I've already flashed a lot of roms and persist images from different fastboot roms, and nothing working, but try one for you, maybe you could get better news! (about my english, sorry, not my native language)

tsongming

Aug 19, 2016
I bought a new front camera replacement, and it didn't work either, so, why do you think it could be the motherboard? is it fixable?

If you are sure that you have it fully seated, and you try a restore it could be a short, a broken pin, or possible liquid damage? So yes the motherboard. Although if you have a shop that solves issues at the component level this work probably be a 10 minute fix. Worst case scenario, motherboards cost around $90.

Again, it's more likely the cable, or a software issue. Try restoring original firmware

Sent from my Xiaomi MI 8 using XDA Labs

madleon

Sep 25, 2011
Veria
Hello

I have the same issue with the rear camera. When i try to start it i get the error message "can't connect to camera".

I came accross to this solution dowloaded the rom on the root folder of the device but when i try to update i get the message "it's not allowed to upgrade to unoficial ROM package"

Do i need to unlock bootloader for this rom?

Can i install it from recovcery mode or through fast boot mode?

My current version is 11.0.7.0(PDTMIXM)

Thank you

manuel.ivan

Jan 25, 2012
Panama
Hi

I have the same issue with the selfie front camera. When i try to start it i get the error message "can't connect to camera". But with WhatsApp, Instagram the selfie is fine, i don't know what to do

I have a unlocked bootloader, with MiUi by Xiaomi.eu 10.3.5.0 stable (PDTCNXM)

Thank you

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just flash rom EU new xiaomi.eu_multi_MI8_8.6.28_v10-8.1 and camera is working back.
    Sorry, My English so bad.
    An error occurred in the camera with the wipe of the "persist"
    At the initial installation we only wipe cache, data, system. Do not touch "persist"!
    You can solve the problem by taking the file "persist.img" from the "img" folder of the unpacked firmware for the fastboot, putting it in the root of the phone's file system and flashing the TWRP via the "install imgage" button.
    Please help me!
    My phone get Camera error can't connect to camera, how fix this error.
    Thanks.
    I am at the same point. talking to the seller although if someone made a backup for twrp it might work for us.
    I was thinking about the fact that it may come from the kernel, because I think that maybe that's just a module disabled, because when you set up face unlock, the front facing camera is working, but that's the only thing that makes the camera work