Question Help me decide between the S22 and S22+

Search This thread

gonewithharshwinds

Jul 5, 2022
What you see is a lot of, seriously a lot of polarised views for the device. Rather than comparing the prices to the quality, interface dimensions, experience, and so on; they have made a huge emotional drama (irrespective of having a device or not) completely blabbering "hate comments" for the device.

If you want advice, please do your own research by checking up with "not experts" because -> Experts have a huge bias. Let me tell you. They have a bias that even if there's chance of just 20% rain, they would prefer to carry an umbrella on a bright sunny day complaining like Karens on what they missed out on.

Now, I am not saying they are lying about everything. Sure, they reduced the battery, but at the same time... it doesn't justify their whining over here.

If you wish to read my personal opinion, having bought both (one for me and other for my mom), s22 does have lesser battery, but not so much less that your world will crash down. s22+ will be expensive, but it's "relatively" better because of faster charging support.

Usage wise, the battery drain from 100 to 0% isnt longer than 1 hour for normal usage.
But, since there's a fast charging support in s22+, I suggest that.
If the comfort on hands matters a lot to you, go with s22. s22+ has.... it felt odd for me.

I use s22 over S22+ because honestly, battery doesn't matter much for me. I like it's size mainly... It's cheaper, so if I manage to do some accident, I would be less stressful about it (relatively less responsibility / liability).
Plus, I do a desk job. Half the times, my device is already connected with my PC. So charging honestly doesnt matter for me as long as its cute. ( :p)

If you are budgeted and waiting for s24 or s25, go with s22. If s25 or s26, go with s22+ (in case you dont upgrade devices regularly)

As for iphone. IT IS BORING "FOR ME".

Note to anyone who is triggered by my comments :- Please don't bother to comment in case you are looking for trolling me or wanting to make up arguments.​

kevindd992002

Aug 20, 2012
It's not a half baked phone. There are a few trolls on here that only speak for themselves. They make it seem like most people who bought one hate it. That's not even close to being true.

If you're going to wait for the S23 series, keep in mind that Samsung is cutting production numbers for next year because of the ongoing chip shortages.

It depends on what you like using.

Here is my example:
I had the Redmi K20 Pro and loved it for its size. It got damaged so I bought myself a Poco F3 with a fairly bigger screen (I felt like giving bigger phones a try). It's a great phone that I still use as a backup but I got the base S22 because I realized that I need something that fits easily in the pocket, even with a case on. And with the F3, I was always terrified of it flying out of my pocket while on the move.

To conclude, the S22 is a good choice if you want a small-ish flagship. The S22+ is a good choice if you want a bigger device and are willing to spend more money. It all depends on your own preference, so I'd suggest going to some store that has both the S22 and S22+ on display and see which one you prefer.

What you see is a lot of, seriously a lot of polarised views for the device. Rather than comparing the prices to the quality, interface dimensions, experience, and so on; they have made a huge emotional drama (irrespective of having a device or not) completely blabbering "hate comments" for the device.

If you want advice, please do your own research by checking up with "not experts" because -> Experts have a huge bias. Let me tell you. They have a bias that even if there's chance of just 20% rain, they would prefer to carry an umbrella on a bright sunny day complaining like Karens on what they missed out on.

Now, I am not saying they are lying about everything. Sure, they reduced the battery, but at the same time... it doesn't justify their whining over here.

If you wish to read my personal opinion, having bought both (one for me and other for my mom), s22 does have lesser battery, but not so much less that your world will crash down. s22+ will be expensive, but it's "relatively" better because of faster charging support.

Usage wise, the battery drain from 100 to 0% isnt longer than 1 hour for normal usage.
If the comfort on hands matters a lot to you, go with s22. s22+ has.... it felt odd for me.

I use s22 over S22+ because honestly, battery doesn't matter much for me. I like it's size mainly... It's cheaper, so if I manage to do some accident, I would be less stressful about it (relatively less responsibility / liability).
Plus, I do a desk job. Half the times, my device is already connected with my PC. So charging honestly doesnt matter for me as long as its cute. ( :p)

If you are budgeted and waiting for s24 or s25, go with s22. If s25 or s26, go with s22+ (in case you dont upgrade devices regularly)

Note to anyone who is triggered by my comments :- Please don't bother to comment in case you are looking for trolling me or wanting to make up arguments.​

I really feel like giving the S22+ a chance. The biggest phone I've ever used is my current phone, S8+. I did feel both phones in the Samsung store already and although I like the S22 for its portability, battery life is also important for me. I do a desk job, yes, but I'm too lazy in always charging my phone :) Wifi 6E is also a plus but not really a big deal. With the S22+, I'm sure watching Youtube videos on it will also be a lot better. What I'm just worried about with a bigger phone is how it will stress my hand (especially my pinky finger) and arm when I'm lying down in bed.

As for the Snapdragon 8 Gen1 chip overheating, is it really that a big deal? I was almost decided in getting the S22+ last week until I posted here and was exposed to the "issues" of the S22 line's SOC. I won't be using it for gaming but more on multitasking like reading emails, 100's of tabs (mostly inactive) open in Firefox, Youtube, etc.

Last edited:
I really feel like giving the S22+ a chance. The biggest phone I've ever used is my current phone, S8+. I did feel both phones in the Samsung store already and although I like the S22 for its portability, battery life is also important for me. I do a desk job, yes, but I'm too lazy in always charging my phone :) Wifi 6E is also a plus but not really a big deal. With the S22+, I'm sure watching Youtube videos on it will also be a lot better. What I'm just worried about with a bigger phone is how it will stress my hand (especially my pinky finger) and arm when I'm lying down in bed.

My wife, who is a petite woman, has the S22+ and has no problem holding it. As far as battery, it is pretty decent; and it will be better than your S8+. Unless you are constantly using battery hogging apps, like FB or Instagram, or a gamer, you should be fine. Wireless chargers are a dime a dozen now. You can get a decent, relatively inexpensive one and keep it on your desk at work.

As for the Snapdragon 8 Gen1 chip overheating, is it really that a big deal? I was almost decided in getting the S22+ last week until I posted here and was exposed to the "issues" of the S22 line's SOC. I won't be using it for gaming but more on multitasking like reading emails, 100's of tabs (mostly inactive) open in Firefox, Youtube, etc.
The overheating is being overblown, like a lot of other "issues" being reported. Again, mostly trolls who are either exaggerating, or people who have poor usage skills or installed apps that are severe battery hogs. I would bet dollars to doughnuts that the ones complaining have a bunch of free apps that have a crap ton of advertising, which both sucks battery life and can cause the battery to heat up.

Is the S22 series perfect? Nope! Is it a huge improvement from your S8+? Yes!

kevindd992002

Aug 20, 2012
My wife, who is a petite woman, has the S22+ and has no problem holding it. As far as battery, it is pretty decent; and it will be better than your S8+. Unless you are constantly using battery hogging apps, like FB or Instagram, or a gamer, you should be fine. Wireless chargers are a dime a dozen now. You can get a decent, relatively inexpensive one and keep it on your desk at work.

The overheating is being overblown, like a lot of other "issues" being reported. Again, mostly trolls who are either exaggerating, or people who have poor usage skills or installed apps that are severe battery hogs. I would bet dollars to doughnuts that the ones complaining have a bunch of free apps that have a crap ton of advertising, which both sucks battery life and can cause the battery to heat up.

Is the S22 series perfect? Nope! Is it a huge improvement from your S8+? Yes!
I'm a 100% sure that it's better than my S8+. I mean, how can't it not be? It's a phone a lot of generations ahead of the S8+. But like other tech heads, if I'm buying an expensive tech I want it to be as near perfect as possible (I'm fine with minor issues). However if it's an SOC issue like others are claiming, then that seems to be a major one, no? Even though I'm technically not a heavy user (light photography and very rare gaming), sometimes I think of these flaws off the back of my head and makes me cringe.

@dragos281993 @syedtahir16 any further comments on this? I hope we can keep the discussions here civil. I tried looking at other brands but I just can't stand their design. I still have this bias towards Samsung for a reason I don't know of.

I'm a 100% sure that it's better than my S8+. I mean, how can't it not be? It's a phone a lot of generations ahead of the S8+. But like other tech heads, if I'm buying an expensive tech I want it to be as near perfect as possible (I'm fine with minor issues). However if it's an SOC issue like others are claiming, then that seems to be a major one, no? Even though I'm technically not a heavy user (light photography and very rare gaming), sometimes I think of these flaws off the back of my head and makes me cringe.

@dragos281993 @syedtahir16 any further comments on this? I hope we can keep the discussions here civil. I tried looking at other brands but I just can't stand their design. I still have this bias towards Samsung for a reason I don't know of.
Unfortunately, you don't know their habits and what apps are installed. That is the problem with most of the posts I read about SOT. None of them are very forthcoming on usage habits and what apps they have installed.

If you are not a heavy user or don't have a lot of crapware installed, you will be fine. Many of the free apps are battery hogs because they are chock full of adware that keeps sending data back to their servers.

I would bet that most of the posts about lousy SOT are from people with a ton of free apps installed and/or gamers and don't really understand app management and power management.

You also have to understand that XDA is first and foremost a Social Media site and you should treat it as such. Just like every other Social Media site, there are trolls here that will swear up and down that they think a certain device is the worst thing to come along ever, or swear up and down that a certain device is the best thing to come along since sliced bread. Not everybody in these forums are arguing in good faith. There are more than a few who are making bad reviews of devices and they don't even own the device. They are just parroting what others have said. All they are doing are amplifying the issues and making them seem that there are tens or hundreds of thousands of unhappy users, when in fact there are probably only a few hundred to a few thousand.

I am not telling you the S22 series is the best phone ever to grace this Earth. I am saying that compared to your S8+ it is a huge upgrade and you will probably like it.

Last edited:
Reactions: kevindd992002

dragos281993

Recognized Contributor
Mar 29, 2014
Iasi
I don't know where you saw any 'uncivil' behaviour but it is what it is.
You asked for advice and I offered it.
I rarely regret wasting my time writing tens of lines of info on a matter just to help someone avoid a potential mistake. But I guess some people don't want to be helped even though it seems that way.
Bottom line is, you buy whatever you think it's best fo you. It's just an object after all. You should buy the regular S22 and decide for yourself if it's good for you or not. If not, return it. As simple as that. Maybe you'll even get to love it. Who knows

Reactions: syedtahir16

kevindd992002

Aug 20, 2012
I don't know where you saw any 'uncivil' behaviour but it is what it is.
You asked for advice and I offered it.
I rarely regret wasting my time writing tens of lines of info on a matter just to help someone avoid a potential mistake. But I guess some people don't want to be helped even though it seems that way.
Bottom line is, you buy whatever you think it's best fo you. It's just an object after all. You should buy the regular S22 and decide for yourself if it's good for you or not. If not, return it. As simple as that. Maybe you'll even get to love it. Who knows
I was directing that "uncivil" comment in general. I probably used the wrong term but I know there's no agreement here between a few people and you know it.

I'm also not sure where you got the notion that I don't want to be helped. I wouldn't ask further for your comments if I didn't want to be helped. I know very little knowledge about phones because I'm more of a server guy. Just because I mentioned here that I still wanted to try out the S22+ and is against your advice does not mean I don't want your help anymore. I'm still gathering facts.

I know that in the end it's my decision but I want my decision to be informed. And to do that I do my own research and ask for help from others. I know it's just an object but like any other expensive object you buy you always want it to be as perfect as possible. My last comment here is me asking what your comments about @gernerttl 's post about some people here having "poor usage stats" and considering the phone not good. I hope you can give me more info on your claims.

dragos281993

Recognized Contributor
Mar 29, 2014
Iasi
I was directing that "uncivil" comment in general. I probably used the wrong term but I know there's no agreement here between a few people and you know it.

I'm also not sure where you got the notion that I don't want to be helped. I wouldn't ask further for your comments if I didn't want to be helped. I know very little knowledge about phones because I'm more of a server guy. Just because I mentioned here that I still wanted to try out the S22+ and is against your advice does not mean I don't want your help anymore. I'm still gathering facts.

I know that in the end it's my decision but I want my decision to be informed. And to do that I do my own research and ask for help from others. I know it's just an object but like any other expensive object you buy you always want it to be as perfect as possible. My last comment here is me asking what your comments about @gernerttl 's post about some people here having "poor usage stats" and considering the phone not good. I hope you can give me more info on your claims.
The thing is people like to claim about others that they might not have the device while they might very well actually be in that boat.
So the best thing you can do is just ignore all the crap written above, order the device, use it carefully for a week or 2 to not damage it, and then decide for yourself if the phone suits your needs. If not, just return it and choose another. This is probably the best piece of advice you should take. Otherwise you'd go nuts reading everything people say or suggest.

Reactions: gernerttl

kevindd992002

Aug 20, 2012
The thing is people like to claim about others that they might not have the device while they might very well actually be in that boat.
So the best thing you can do is just ignore all the crap written above, order the device, use it carefully for a week or 2 to not damage it, and then decide for yourself if the phone suits your needs. If not, just return it and choose another. This is probably the best piece of advice you should take. Otherwise you'd go nuts reading everything people say or suggest.
I would've followed that advice a long time ago if it's applicable here in the Philippines. It doesn't work that way here. You buy the device and you get 7 days replacement warranty and 1 years labor and parts warranty. We do not have the luxury of returning an electronic device just because "we changed our mind or don't like it".

dragos281993

Recognized Contributor
Mar 29, 2014
Iasi
I would've followed that advice a long time ago if it's applicable here in the Philippines. It doesn't work that way here. You buy the device and you get 7 days replacement warranty and 1 years labor and parts warranty. We do not have the luxury of returning an electronic device just because "we changed our mind or don't like it".
Wow! That's terrible. In that case, ignore everything else and think just of a single thing. The regular S22 has terrible battery life no matter how you look at it. Don't listen to people saying "it's decent" and so on. The SOT it can offer is around 3 - 3.5h with regular usage. It cannot possibly do more no matter the claims. I have it precise down to the milliamp.
Everything else let's just ignore it cause it's ok. It can be overlooked, overheating issues included. It's not that bad. But the battery life is definitively bad.
If you need the SOT, the regular S22 is not for you. The bigger brother is though. It's got a considerably larger battery, more surface to dissipate the heat and essentially the same hardware. That means the consumption is gonna be almost the same or slightly better because of the better thermals.
So considering the situation in your country with returns, just go with the S22+. I doubt you'll regret buying one. I can't say the same about the smaller variant. To me it's been a bad experience.

Last edited:

kevindd992002

Aug 20, 2012
Wow! That's terrible. In that case, ignore everything else and think just of a single thing. The regular S22 has terrible battery life no matter how you look at it. Don't listen to people saying "it's decent" and so on. The SOT it can offer is around 3 - 3.5h with regular usage. It cannot possibly do more no matter the claims. I have it precise down to the milliamp.
Everything else let's just ignore it cause it's ok. It can be overlooked, overheating issues included. It's not that bad. But the battery life is definitively bad.
If you need the SOT, the regular S22 is not for you. The bigger brother is though. It's got a considerably larger battery, more surface to dissipate the heat and essentially the same hardware. That means the consumption is gonna be almost the same or slightly better because of the better thermals.
So considering the situation in your country with returns, just go with the S22+. I doubt you'll regret buying one. I can't say the same about the smaller variant. To me it's been a bad experience.
It definitely is! I mostly buy my stuff in the US since it's cheaper that way but I lose warranty as well. Some devices like phones have better pricing here though.

Ok, got it. Either way, I'm pretty much convinced that the S22+ is better than the S22 anyway. I was just on the fence if it's worth buying the S22+ now or tell myself to wait for the S23+ in the future. It's always the same thing with electronics. If you wait for the next version, you end up always waiting and not being able to buy anything. There are some exceptions though, and I'm wondering is this is one of them.

dragos281993

Recognized Contributor
Mar 29, 2014
Iasi
It definitely is! I mostly buy my stuff in the US since it's cheaper that way but I lose warranty as well. Some devices like phones have better pricing here though.

Ok, got it. Either way, I'm pretty much convinced that the S22+ is better than the S22 anyway. I was just on the fence if it's worth buying the S22+ now or tell myself to wait for the S23+ in the future. It's always the same thing with electronics. If you wait for the next version, you end up always waiting and not being able to buy anything. There are some exceptions though, and I'm wondering is this is one of them.
The S22+ is a good one. Not too many complaints from users other than for just some usual small issues that could be fixed with software updates. Small stuff though. But considering that it's essentially the same as the S22 but bigger, it can't be but better. The battery should've been 5000mAh but it is what it is cause you'll get more than decent SOT with it, the performance will be great because of the increased surface area to dissipate the heat, the screen looks amazing and the cameras are pretty good. I'd say go for it. Like I previously said, the durability of the rim and screen is not as advertized. I don't recommend the Samsung bumper cases. They scratch the frame.

kevindd992002

Aug 20, 2012
The S22+ is a good one. Not too many complaints from users other than for just some usual small issues that could be fixed with software updates. Small stuff though. But considering that it's essentially the same as the S22 but bigger, it can't be but better. The battery should've been 5000mAh but it is what it is cause you'll get more than decent SOT with it, the performance will be great because of the increased surface area to dissipate the heat, the screen looks amazing and the cameras are pretty good. I'd say go for it. Like I previously said, the durability of the rim and screen is not as advertized. I don't recommend the Samsung bumper cases. They scratch the frame.
Gotcha. When you say the durability of the rim and screen aren't that good, how bad is it? I'm reading that the Spigen Liquid Air is a good case for the S22+. Is this accurate? Any other case that has a some kind of holder in the back so I don't make my pinky finger a stand while I'm lying down?

As for the phone colors, my friend told me that the green seems to be a bit "plasticy" compared to the black one. Any truth in this? I was planning on getting the green one.

dragos281993

Recognized Contributor
Mar 29, 2014
Iasi
Gotcha. When you say the durability of the rim and screen aren't that good, how bad is it? I'm reading that the Spigen Liquid Air is a good case for the S22+. Is this accurate? Any other case that has a some kind of holder in the back so I don't make my pinky finger a stand while I'm lying down?

As for the phone colors, my friend told me that the green seems to be a bit "plasticy" compared to the black one. Any truth in this? I was planning on getting the green one.
I've got the silver/white one. I ordered an original bumper along with the phone and put it on before even switching on the device. After 4 days I decided the phone is pure rubbish and I was gonna return it. When I took it out of the case I saw all these small scratches all around the rim. They were enough to render the phone uneligible for return. So the "military grade aluminium" is utter crap and just pure marketing. The screen is the same. Mine looks terrible right now.
So I suggest staying away from Samsung's cases. Something else made of softer materials is a better option.

kevindd992002

Aug 20, 2012
I've got the silver/white one. I ordered an original bumper along with the phone and put it on before even switching on the device. After 4 days I decided the phone is pure rubbish and I was gonna return it. When I took it out of the case I saw all these small scratches all around the rim. They were enough to render the phone uneligible for return. So the "military grade aluminium" is utter crap and just pure marketing. The screen is the same. Mine looks terrible right now.
So I suggest staying away from Samsung's cases. Something else made of softer materials is a better option.
If the screen scratches easily, then I guess a tempered glass is warranted? I thought those gorilla screens are self-healing?

I didn't say poor usage stats. I said poor usage skills. There's a difference. If you're going to quote me make sure quote me properly.

You seem to be in the "should I wait" conundrum, and with the warranty policies in your country, I understand that. I have been in that situation. Here is my advice. Subjective battery issues aside.

IF you decide to upgrade, get the S22+ 265GB Snap Dragon version if available. It is already the approximate size you are already used to. It will do everything your S8+ does and you are quadrupling your internal storage capacity. Plus, you are getting three major OS updates and monthly security updates for three years.

I stick with the Note/Ultra form factor because I like it and it fits into my usage style and habits. I also like the other stuff that Samsung has been doing; like Samsung Pay, Link to Windows, and DeX. The first two I use daily. My wife and daughter like the S and S+ for the same reasons. What drove my daughter's decision in getting the S22 is that it has a flat screen. She isn't a fan of the curved screen.

To be honest, pretty much every S and Note update since the S8/Note 8 series has been iterative with few really "big" changes. The only interesting phones to come out are the foldables like the Z Fold series and Microsoft's Duo series. I'm not ready to jump on that bandwagon yet.

kevindd992002

Aug 20, 2012
I didn't say poor usage stats. I said poor usage skills. There's a difference. If you're going to quote me make sure quote me properly.
Oops, you're right. That was an honest mistake, I apologize.

You seem to be in the "should I wait" conundrum, and with the warranty policies in your country, I understand that. I have been in that situation. Here is my advice. Subjective battery issues aside.

IF you decide to upgrade, get the S22+ 265GB Snap Dragon version if available. It is already the approximate size you are already used to. It will do everything your S8+ does and you are quadrupling your internal storage capacity. Plus, you are getting three major OS updates and monthly security updates for three years.

I stick with the Note/Ultra form factor because I like it and it fits into my usage style and habits. I also like the other stuff that Samsung has been doing; like Samsung Pay, Link to Windows, and DeX. The first two I use daily. My wife and daughter like the S and S+ for the same reasons. What drove my daughter's decision in getting the S22 is that it has a flat screen. She isn't a fan of the curved screen.

To be honest, pretty much every S and Note update since the S8/Note 8 series has been iterative with few really "big" changes. The only interesting phones to come out are the foldables like the Z Fold series and Microsoft's Duo series. I'm not ready to jump on that bandwagon yet.
I am, yes. It's the perfectionist in me talking.

I'm also not a fan of curved screens so it would be interesting going back to flat screens this time. I never really understood the use case of the curved screen of my S8/S8+.

My Father has the Z Fold 4 and that is something. But I also couldn't justify its price. I also don't like the Flip because it's too long for me when opened.

Oops, you're right. That was an honest mistake, I apologize.
No worries. I would also bet that many of the people complaining also have poor usage habits. Meaning they load a bunch of garbage on their phones or visit sketchy websites then get angry that it gets bogged down with adware, malware, etc. I would also bet they are always on their phones. Probably more than they should be or need to be.
I am, yes. It's the perfectionist in me talking.

I'm also not a fan of curved screens so it would be interesting going back to flat screens this time. I never really understood the use case of the curved screen of my S8/S8+.

My Father has the Z Fold 4 and that is something. But I also couldn't justify its price. I also don't like the Flip because it's too long for me when opened.
My neighbor has the Z Fold and he likes it a lot. I like the concept of the Z Fold and Z Flip, but I think the technology needs a little more refinement. I think Samsung and Microsoft are going in the right direction. At least they are trying new stuff. Unlike *cough* Apple.

I'm also not a big fan of curved screens and I like how Samsung has backed off a bit on that. The Note 10 and 20, and the S21 and S22 Ultra's displays are not as curved as the Note 8 and 9. Having a curved display on a 6.6in display does help a bit with holding and gestures. On a smaller display like the S22 or S22+, not so much.

As far as perfectionist. I know the feeling. The only advice I can give is at some point you are going to have to ask yourself, "When is it going to be 'good enough'?"

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    S22 battery life is absolutely ridiculous even with average use and no gaming. If I would start over again, I would go with +.

For the OP:

I agree with everything @dragos281993 said!
    You can eventually get used to everything this phone does.. stutters, heating etc. But the biggest let down is the battery.

There is a lengthy discussion on battery here. Do check it out https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...agon-battery-life-and-heating-issues.4445195/

I'd honestly advice to stay away from S22. But if you really want it then at least get the S22+
    But real advice, go for a different brand, maybe pixel or One plus. Or if you can live with ios, then get an iphone.

There are other phones coming soon. maybe the Nothing phone (will need to wait for the reviews). or if you can then wait for the year end, then im sure better phones will be out.
    Thanks for the comments. I don't know why but I have a certain bias (or more appropriately, a "preference") towards Samsung. At this point though, I don't want to get the S22+ if it's a half-baked phone with the Snapdragon 8 Gen 1. I'm glad that I posted here before pushing through with the purchase. I don't know if I'll be able to wait until early next year for the S23 but it's not too far away.
    It's not a half baked phone. There are a few trolls on here that only speak for themselves. They make it seem like most people who bought one hate it. That's not even close to being true.

If you're going to wait for the S23 series, keep in mind that Samsung is cutting production numbers for next year because of the ongoing chip shortages.
    So my main driver today is an S8+. Before this, I used an S8. I used to prefer smaller phones but I can see that going with a bigger phone has its fair share of advantages (and disadvantages, of course) so I'm really confused which one to get between the S22 and S22+. I saw both phones physically yesterday and compared them side by side. I think I'm ok with the size of the S22+ because I tend to use my phone with browsing forums and watching Youtube videos. I do not do gaming. Here are some of my main concerns:

1. Battery life -> I know the S22+ wins in this category but is 4500mAH vs 3700mAH really significant? I rarely upgrade my phone (evident by the fact that I'm still using S8+) so I want to know if going with a bigger battery (and size) is the wiser choice.
    2. I also use my phone in bed before sleeping. With m S8+, my pinky finger serves servers as like a stand for the phone while I'm lying down and looking at the screen (I think most people do this) so I'm worried that getting a bigger 6.6" phone (S22+) will make my pinky finger hurt even more. Would getting a case with a strap at the back (like the official silicon case for the S22/S22+) solve this issue?
    3. Is the difference in brightness level between the phones that significant?
    4. Does the S22 have wifi 6 only or is it like the S22+ that has wifi 6E? I'm getting mixed information regarding this because some sites say that both have 6E while others say that only the S22+ and S22 Ultra have 6E.

Thanks in advance for the help!