help me in unlocking bootloader

Search This thread

peshmarga

Jan 12, 2016
Erbil
Redmi K20 Pro
hello my friends i have a problem with my (galaxy j5 model j5008)

i need your help in unlocking bootloader
pleas give me methods or tutorial for unlocking my j5 bootloader

Thanks

garylawwd

Forum Moderator
Staff member
and after that ? Is there a specific guide to unlock or it should work with normal command via fastboot mode?
You need to plug your phone into the computer in download mode after that and using Odin on a PC flash twrp.IMG.tar file for your specific device but make sure to turn off auto reboot in Odin.
Then once the file flashes successfully you need to pull out the battery, put it back in and reboot to recovery before doing anything else. If you reboot the os first then it will delete twrp and revert back to stock recovery so make sure to boot to recovery first

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2017
Bari
You need to plug your phone into the computer in download mode after that and using Odin on a PC flash twrp.IMG.tar file for your specific device but make sure to turn off auto reboot in Odin.
Then once the file flashes successfully you need to pull out the battery, put it back in and reboot to recovery before doing anything else. If you reboot the os first then it will delete twrp and revert back to stock recovery so make sure to boot to recovery first

hi, thank you for you kind reply. So you are talking to install a custom recovery ! will this procedure either unlock the BL? I do not remember if TWRP image files are downloadeble also in .tar format and from their official site? Awaiting your reply :):)

garylawwd

Forum Moderator
Staff member
hi, thank you for you kind reply. So you are talking to install a custom recovery ! will this procedure either unlock the BL? I do not remember if TWRP image files are downloadeble also in .tar format and from their official site? Awaiting your reply :):)
Installing a custom recovery is unlocking your bootloader. It means the same thing.
Here is the latest twrp in .tar format for your device (j5008) https://github.com/Galaxy-MSM8916/releases/releases/tag/TWRP-3.2.3-lineage-15.1_j8_20180921_j5ltechn

Oct 10, 2017
Bari
Installing a custom recovery is unlocking your bootloader. It means the same thing.
Here is the latest twrp in .tar format for your device (j5008) https://github.com/Galaxy-MSM8916/releases/releases/tag/TWRP-3.2.3-lineage-15.1_j8_20180921_j5ltechn

Are you sure that install a custom recovery will also unlock the bootloader? I don't think so! For me they are two different operation! Anyway my device is j510fn 2016 not j5008. Glad to start a conversation!

Oct 10, 2017
Bari
unlock bootloader

I've tried to unlock bootloader on my j510fn via fastboot but when ever I plug in device to the pc and running adb command, it stuk in downloading mode like when you make odin the platform to install recovery.tar and official firmware to newst. In a few words I can't unlocking bl via bastboot even if I have oem unlocked in the dev options.

garylawwd

Forum Moderator
Staff member
I've tried to unlock bootloader on my j510fn via fastboot but when ever I plug in device to the pc and running adb command, it stuk in downloading mode like when you make odin the platform to install recovery.tar and official firmware to newst. In a few words I can't unlocking bl via bastboot even if I have oem unlocked in the dev options.
fast boot? You mean download mode?
There is no adb commands either this is a Samsung device you vacant unlock your bootloader by adb commands.

To unlock the boot loader download Odin to your PC.

Enable usb debugging and oem unlock in developer options of your phone.

Download twrp for your device from here https://github.com/Galaxy-MSM8916/releases/releases/tag/TWRP-3.2.3-lineage-15.1_j35_20180921_j5xnlte (j510fn)

Put the phone into download mode and connect to PC

Click the AP tab in Odin and find your twrp.zip.tar file.

Disable auto reboot in Odin.

Flash the file.

Pull out the battery

Reboot to recovery before rebooting the os and BANG unlocked bootloader with twrp installed

Reactions: Valalla Rising
Oct 10, 2017
Bari
There is no adb commands either this is a Samsung device you vacant unlock your bootloader by adb commands.

Download twrp for your device from here https://github.com/Galaxy-MSM8916/releases/releases/tag/TWRP-3.2.3-lineage-15.1_j35_20180921_j5xnlte (j510fn)

Flash the file.

Pull out the battery

Reboot to recovery before rebooting the os and BANG unlocked bootloader with twrp installed
Thank you Sir, that's very clear explanation. And yes I was mind donwnload mode. Ok I'll try and I'll let you know for sure! Also I had read about samsung devices with different socs ( exinos and qualcomm) and only qualcomm soc need to be unlocked bootloader. By the way I'll follow your guide and I'm pretty sure I'll got my custm recovery installed. The only thing I would ask to you is if I need to upgrade samsung's stock firmare before installing twrp recovery or to install direct the custom recovery.tar file. Tha's it! Have a nice day. Thanks again in advance!

Last edited:
Thank you Sir, that's very clear explanation. And yes I was mind donwnload mode. Ok I'll try and I'll let you know for sure! Also I had read about samsung devices with different socs ( exinos and qualcomm) and only qualcomm soc need to be unlocked bootloader. By the way I'll follow your guide and I'm pretty sure I'll got my custm recovery installed. The only thing I would ask to you is if I need to upgrade samsung's stock firmare before installing twrp recovery or to install direct the custom recovery.tar file. Tha's it! Have a nice day. Thanks again in advance!
Upgrading to LATEST firmware will ensure you stability

Reactions: Valalla Rising

suning

Aug 17, 2022
i had a galaxy j5 model j5008 CHN, but i can not enable OEM unlock. Because there is not OEM unlock checkbox in my phone Settings, maybe the OEM unlock checkbox is hidden by the OEM manufacturer. i want help.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Are you sure that install a custom recovery will also unlock the bootloader? I don't think so! For me they are two different operation! Anyway my device is j510fn 2016 not j5008. Glad to start a conversation!
    Lol . Installing custom recovery is only possible when you have unlocked bootloader .

Flash the file.

Pull out the battery

Upgrading to LATEST firmware will ensure you stability