Question Help me! Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra Call Recording not available

Search This thread

dlorde

Aug 13, 2010
If we've already been using it so far- will we lose the recording feature or is this mostly going to be for new users downloading the app after the google rule change.
As I understand it, Google is just going to change the Play Store rules to exclude phone recording apps; the change to Android that stops apps recording the incoming call stream unless they use the accessibility interface is already in place.

But I could be wrong ...

oldgamer31

Mar 10, 2010
"cubeacr dot app" is the site and it does work on my lg v60 running on android 12, I had boldbeast recorder before until it stopped working when my phone went from 11 to 12. I'll wait and see if they'll try something with any policies on my phone, if they do, then I'll root it. I haven't tested it with bluetooth however though I heard that it does work that way as well.

efkosk

Nov 21, 2021
I don't understand what you're doing here.
There is no easier way to record calls on the S22 / S22 + / S22Ultra. Just change the CSC. It automatically turns on native recording with the best call quality without restricting the new google rules.

Here I described in detail how to change the CSC:

oldgamer31

Mar 10, 2010
Just putting my 2 cents in since this is going on across the board not just with samsung, sorry if I offend.

doubledragon5

Jun 29, 2011
Lewisville, Tx
I did a google search about call recording on the S22 Ultra.. Guess what it does not exist. Even thou all the hits I got, said it does..Not even in the U1 version...

MANUCORVIN

Mar 15, 2021
Hello guys!

Recently I bought Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra. BUT there is no way that I can record calls. I'm from Bulgaria and it is some kind of regulation crap. I mean when I go to the options in the dialer app the option for call recordings is not present at all.
Most of my calls are for work with tons of instructions about this and that and I take them either from the car or somewhere without access to notes and pens etc. On my previous phone I found an app that enebled native call recording without rooting somehow... It was P30 Pro and the app in question I found here in XDA. However for my new phone I can't find anything... I tried all of the free and paid Google Play apps but they record only me and nothing from the person I'm talking with... Help me please!!!
Somewhere I read that I need to change the CSC code. Whatever it means... No idea how tho... Other thing I read was to root the phone. I've never done that as well... Basically I'm thinking of going to some randome phone repair shop and ask them to find me a solution whatever it takes... But first I decided to ask here.

If you have any idea what to do please include some instructions for dumb people like me with no experience in fiddling with phones etc..
Big thanks in advance!

I should probably tell you that I've tried this
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...cord-phone-calls-from-the-phone-line.1441643/
And lots of things that are already written here as suggestions but... nothing....
También hay una muy buena APP Call Recording, tiene una Interfaz agradable y es Gratis, claro con pocos anuncios el desarrollador a ganar dinero por su trabajo

- Mod Edit - Translation :
There is also a very good APP Call Recording, it has a nice Interface and it is Free, of course with few ads the developer earns money for his work

Please refer to rule 4 of our forum rules.

Last edited by a moderator:

dj24

Jun 23, 2018
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
Still not sure if this rule change will affect users like myself who are currently using call recording apps utilizing accessibility settings ( ACR in my case) or if this is for new users who try to do so after this policy goes into effect.

munnakalyan

Jun 23, 2011
Call recording is a phone feature and doesn't need an app. Scroll down for device control options and then turn off wifi calling then you can see call recording will start working.

Click call icon and then three dots for setting and you can see call recording settings.

ivan552

Oct 28, 2008
I have Tmo unlocked phone, when I change CSC to SEK , on reboot Tmo forces me to reinstall files back to Tmo. anyone can help?
Thanks

FabioMC

Oct 30, 2010
My phone is a snapdragon S908E/DS ZTO (brazil). If I change the CSC to INS everything is gonna work ? (samsung pay, google pay, autorec, antispam and samsung health stuff)? Are the OTA update going to work ? Thanks.

ivan552

Oct 28, 2008
when my phone reboots, it comes up with a pop up "emergency call only or install T mobile"
after installation, and another reboot,SEK CSC is gone

GalaxyA325G

May 11, 2021
Samsung Galaxy A32 5G
As I understand it, Google is just going to change the Play Store rules to exclude phone recording apps; the change to Android that stops apps recording the incoming call stream unless they use the accessibility interface is already in place.

But I could be wrong ...
Unfortunately there are sweeping changes Google is said to have made to automatic call recording apps after May 11th, 2022 - which may affect any non-rooted phone that doesn't already have a native automatic call recording app.

Is there any way to get 3rd-party call recording (ACR) apps working after tomorrow, May 11th, 2022?

David B.

Mar 25, 2016
Nexus 6
Google Pixel 3 XL
Unfortunately there are sweeping changes Google is said to have made to automatic call recording apps after May 11th, 2022 - which may affect any non-rooted phone that doesn't already have a native automatic call recording app.

Is there any way to get 3rd-party call recording (ACR) apps working after tomorrow, May 11th, 2022?

This isn't a big deal, really. Just an inconvenience. Call recording apps can be side-loaded just like any other app.

Reactions: GalaxyA325G

nacos

Sep 27, 2007
Here & Now

The version you buy directly from Alexe's website doesn't need Google Play Services and it works flawlessly. I've been using it for years. Furthermore, Google's recent changes should have no impact whatsoever on the functionality of the app, once installed.

Last edited:

nacos

Sep 27, 2007
Here & Now
Do you know if it works on a U/ U1 S22 ultra from the U.S though?
I'm almost positive that it does, however, there is a trial version as well (bottom of the page).

As a note/suggestion, make sure you properly configure it before jumping into conclusions.

One license covers up to 3 devices.

Okie John

The version you buy directly from Alexe's website doesn't need Google Play Services and it works flawlessly. I've been using it for years. Furthermore, Google's recent changes should have no impact whatsoever on the functionality of the app, once installed.

IF, it is the same App, I have been using Call Recorder for years, paid for it too.... then about 2 years ago, it quit working, Google shut it down, changed the API that let's it work. sent a message to the developer and he never replied to me.

Currently, on my Samsung S10+ there is only one app that will record my calls, it is a Dialer App of all things.

True Phone

Okie John

I just now, downloaded the Trial Version and tried it on my S10+

Happy to say, it works just fine, will continue using it until the Trial Expires, and if it continues to perform, will pay for it again. Just used it to record getting my Voice Mails.

Apparently, he does not keep records of prior email addresses from 10 years ago?
Nor, did it find my License Key from the last install.

BUT, as many apps use the same name, it might not be the same App. ??

Call Recorder2.jpg

Reactions: GalaxyA325G

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    just seen this, i havent tested it im a little busy at the moment, but may worth giving it a whirl

I use the ACR Phone app on my Samsung S22+. There are two versions, one on Google Play Store without recording feature and one downloadable from their website that does record both sides of a call. They recommend installing the Google Play Store version, then installing their custom apk on top.

Explanation and instructions here: https://acr.app/
    This is long thread I didn't read every post but thought I would throw this out there.. I run business and often want to refer back to phone calls.. constantly ran into Android issues with this or that so just gave up: I forward my cell phone number to my own phone systems that is a GrandStream and it records all calls... I have an app on my phone to make business calls using the device as well.. all call recorded perfectly and with all details. Never miss a beat no matter what nonsense Android/Governments or whatever want to throw out there. I'm also in a single party consent state so all those regulators can well, Truck Off.
    im just gonna try flashing a csc from a country that supports it and hope it doeenst interfere with my 5g not just yet though, but when i do, il post my results here
    On my previous phone, I was willing to pay for the True Phone version, but since the free version worked great, I didn't buy the app.
    Now I don't think the paid one will change anything with default version of Android and that's why I didn't buy it, but I can try maybe.
    ive tried it, it didnt work, records silence