Question Help me! Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra Call Recording not available

Search This thread

andreasarxon

Mar 5, 2011
I just now, downloaded the Trial Version and tried it on my S10+

Happy to say, it works just fine, will continue using it until the Trial Expires, and if it continues to perform, will pay for it again. Just used it to record getting my Voice Mails.

Apparently, he does not keep records of prior email addresses from 10 years ago?
Nor, did it find my License Key from the last install.

BUT, as many apps use the same name, it might not be the same App. ??

View attachment 5632619
itried the same app (trial) and it only record my voice , not the other end of the line.. what settings do you use?

Reactions: isillo

nacos

Sep 27, 2007
Here & Now
itried the same app (trial) and it only record my voice , not the other end of the line.. what settings do you use?
Are you rooted? If not, do you have the app's accessibility service enabled (phone settings)?
20220608_100147.png

Okie John

Are you rooted? If not, do you have the app's accessibility service enabled (phone settings)?View attachment 5633049

No, not rooted, it asked me several questions about over-riding some settings so it could work, I noted that it forced the Dialer's Recording Feature to "OFF" asking if I wanted it to record..... the Dialer's audio is horribly low in volume, the Call Recorder App is full volume like normal..

again, it is a Samsung S10+ phone, even has the lastest Samsung updates from a few days ago..

nacos

Sep 27, 2007
Here & Now
No, not rooted, it asked me several questions about over-riding some settings so it could work, I noted that it forced the Dialer's Recording Feature to "OFF" asking if I wanted it to record..... the Dialer's audio is horribly low in volume, the Call Recorder App is full volume like normal..

again, it is a Samsung S10+ phone, even has the lastest Samsung updates from a few days ago..
Again, is the app's accessibility service enabled in settings? This is critically important since you're not rooted!

Settings > Accessibility > Installed services > Call Recorder - should be enabled.

Now, is everything working as expected?

Last edited:

GalaxyA325G

May 11, 2021
Samsung Galaxy A32 5G
For me ACR is still available in the Google Play Store. What about you?
Good question. Especially since most of us, including me, are not rooted.

The letters ACR are used for lots of apps, so I'm not sure which specific automatic call recording app you're speaking about; and I don't ever use Google Play Store directly anyway (as I don't have any login on my phone for privacy reasons); but I use the FOSS Google Play Store client everyone else uses and looking there for "ACR", I see plenty of "acr" apps that still exist even today in the Google Play Store app repo.

Yet, the news said Google was deprecating them all somehow, so if you can explain what Google did and did not do on May 12th, that will help us all.

Attachments

• acr01.jpg
    acr01.jpg
    563.8 KB · Views: 66

rashaunny

Oct 20, 2008

Update?

AsAnine63

Feb 17, 2016
Hello guys!

Recently I bought Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra. BUT there is no way that I can record calls. I'm from Bulgaria and it is some kind of regulation crap. I mean when I go to the options in the dialer app the option for call recordings is not present at all.
Most of my calls are for work with tons of instructions about this and that and I take them either from the car or somewhere without access to notes and pens etc. On my previous phone I found an app that enebled native call recording without rooting somehow... It was P30 Pro and the app in question I found here in XDA. However for my new phone I can't find anything... I tried all of the free and paid Google Play apps but they record only me and nothing from the person I'm talking with... Help me please!!!
Somewhere I read that I need to change the CSC code. Whatever it means... No idea how tho... Other thing I read was to root the phone. I've never done that as well... Basically I'm thinking of going to some randome phone repair shop and ask them to find me a solution whatever it takes... But first I decided to ask here.

If you have any idea what to do please include some instructions for dumb people like me with no experience in fiddling with phones etc..
Big thanks in advance!

I should probably tell you that I've tried this
https://xdaforums.com/t/android-4-0...cord-phone-calls-from-the-phone-line.1441643/
And lots of things that are already written here as suggestions but... nothing....
I had the same problem! I tried about a dozen different apps to no avail. It would either record my end of the conversation (hardly audible) or the caller.
But then again, this is MY FIRST REGULAR Samsung phone. (usually I get the International version of a phone... besides it being cheaper. But I missed the ability of recording business conversations with clarity, saved me many a time. I wiped it and reported a problem with and ask for a replacement. And exchange for an International version.
When I got my new International version, went right to the phone and there it was.... "RECORD CALLS"! Works like a charm. I am now good to go!!! Hope this works for you!
I too have a Samsung S22 Ultra.
UPDATE: Sorry! I left out that it's an Unlocked International version!
I hate being stuck with no other options for services.
Unlocked International version!

Last edited:

Okie John

I had the same problem! I tried about a dozen different apps to no avail. It would either record my end of the conversation (hardly audible) or the caller.
But then again, this is MY FIRST REGULAR Samsung phone. (usually I get the International version of a phone... besides it being cheaper. But I missed the ability of recording business conversations with clarity, saved me many a time. I wiped it and reported a problem with and ask for a replacement. And exchange for an International version.
When I got my new International version, went right to the phone and there it was.... "RECORD CALLS"! Works like a charm. I am now good to go!!! Hope this works for you!
I too have a Samsung S22 Ultra.

thanks for that Tidbit...
from now on, I will only purchase "International" versions of my Samsung phones.

I'm leery of the other brands, I have tried to help folks who have the freeky named ones, and "nothing works right" meaning it is NOT the Samsung Way.....

nacos

Sep 27, 2007
Here & Now
thanks for that Tidbit...
from now on, I will only purchase "International" versions of my Samsung phones.

I'm leery of the other brands, I have tried to help folks who have the freeky named ones, and "nothing works right" meaning it is NOT the Samsung Way.....
Keep in mind that buying an international version is not a guarantee. It's all about the CSC and local (national) legislation, which can either allow or ban direct call recording. On the other hand, the CSC can be changed on any phone however, this change may impact the modem performance.

How to do that, you ask?

I'll stress once again, hence the flexibility of a rooted phone. If you have no concept of rooting, think of a rooted phone as a car which allows you to pop-up the hood and do whatever you want (or can) to the engine and all the other components. In regular phones, the hood is sealed, you cannot even open it.

Back to the topic, I have a rooted, international S20 and the call recording app I recommended above works like a charm, although the original CSC would not enable native call recording. My point, take the time to learn about it and root your phones if the "normie" term does not apply to you.

Last edited:

pasil.pt

Feb 8, 2006
Rio Tinto
Yes, android 12, Exynos soc

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-07-11 at 19.09.05.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-07-11 at 19.09.05.jpeg
    22.5 KB · Views: 47
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-07-11 at 19.08.04.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-07-11 at 19.08.04.jpeg
    46.7 KB · Views: 46

David B.

Mar 25, 2016
Nexus 6
Google Pixel 3 XL
As far as i Know, while you are making a video call you cannot record screen, because camera is already in use.
So, in the situation you describe perhaps there is some similar incompatibility...
Yeah it used to be possible with older versions of Android, but there aren't any good apps for doing it these days. I would like to try building an Xposed module to do it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    just seen this, i havent tested it im a little busy at the moment, but may worth giving it a whirl

I use the ACR Phone app on my Samsung S22+. There are two versions, one on Google Play Store without recording feature and one downloadable from their website that does record both sides of a call. They recommend installing the Google Play Store version, then installing their custom apk on top.

Explanation and instructions here: https://acr.app/
    This is long thread I didn't read every post but thought I would throw this out there.. I run business and often want to refer back to phone calls.. constantly ran into Android issues with this or that so just gave up: I forward my cell phone number to my own phone systems that is a GrandStream and it records all calls... I have an app on my phone to make business calls using the device as well.. all call recorded perfectly and with all details. Never miss a beat no matter what nonsense Android/Governments or whatever want to throw out there. I'm also in a single party consent state so all those regulators can well, Truck Off.
    im just gonna try flashing a csc from a country that supports it and hope it doeenst interfere with my 5g not just yet though, but when i do, il post my results here
    On my previous phone, I was willing to pay for the True Phone version, but since the free version worked great, I didn't buy the app.
    Now I don't think the paid one will change anything with default version of Android and that's why I didn't buy it, but I can try maybe.
    ive tried it, it didnt work, records silence