Search This thread

Mroczkovsky

Dec 8, 2022
Hello!

I'm really tired of ads I see in Facebook Messenger in my conversations list. It's a real nightmare.
I keep deleting them, marking them as spam, marking them as uninteresting, but, they keep coming.
I spent half a day looking for a mod that removes ads. That's all I need.
I found a mod on this forum, but it's outdated and I can't log in.
Is there a mod that removes ads?

Thank you very much for your answers!

Regards,
Damian

Arealhooman

Hello!

I'm really tired of ads I see in Facebook Messenger in my conversations list. It's a real nightmare.
I keep deleting them, marking them as spam, marking them as uninteresting, but, they keep coming.
I spent half a day looking for a mod that removes ads. That's all I need.
I found a mod on this forum, but it's outdated and I can't log in.
Is there a mod that removes ads?

Thank you very much for your answers!

Regards,
Damian
Are you rooted?

If you are rooted, you can download adaway and do it without using vpn feature. If not, you can use vpn feature.

Arealhooman

Non rooted and I can't root, because I loose warranty. Vpn feature? Can you tell me more?
Cheers!
downlaod the app named adaway, it will ask you if you are rooted, say no, it will request to make a vpn, you accept, and it blocks all ads. it is not a real vpn, but android precises it as one, it’s basically a firewall for Ads.

Mroczkovsky

Dec 8, 2022
downlaod the app named adaway, it will ask you if you are rooted, say no, it will request to make a vpn, you accept, and it blocks all ads. it is not a real vpn, but android precises it as one, it’s basically a firewall for Ads.
Unfortunately, ads in messenger app is still visible...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-12-09-16-59-58-76_0d8cecce28558e4d0a8cf6af1b99c74e.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-12-09-16-59-58-76_0d8cecce28558e4d0a8cf6af1b99c74e.jpg
    345 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20221209_165942.jpg
    IMG_20221209_165942.jpg
    618.3 KB · Views: 7

Arealhooman

Unfortunately, ads in messenger app is still visible...
does this work

Mroczkovsky

Dec 8, 2022
does this work
All ad options are changed, disabled, reset. With each setting, next to each option, there is a message "this change will not reduce number of displayed ads". These changes do not bring expected results. Ads are showing all the time. Method described in article is outdated, and video on YouTube was added three years ago. I turned on this video and saw my own comment under this video I added two years ago...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-12-09-19-49-27-23_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-12-09-19-49-27-23_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    324.9 KB · Views: 5

Mroczkovsky

Dec 8, 2022
We can't disable ads in app settings. Each time you hide an ad, another one appears. That's why I asked for a working method. I am looking to modify application. Evilwombat did a fantastic job. His modification worked for a very long time. Unfortunately, now I can't log in, his app version is outdated. Probably abandoned work on modifying messenger...

Oswald Boelcke

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member
Try using {Mod edited by Oswald Boelcke} to patch it to remove ads
@Arealhooman I've edited your above post! Please read this message as a friendly but very serious warning to refrain from suggestions to use warez!

Please review the XDA Forum Rules, to which you agreed to adhere when you registered on this private website a few months ago! You've currently violated rule no. 6 that we take very seriously:
6. Do not post or request warez.

If a piece of software requires you to pay to use it, then pay for it. We do not accept warez nor do we permit members to request, post, promote or describe ways in which warez, cracks, serial codes or other means of avoiding payment, can be obtained or used. This is a site of developers, i.e. the sort of people who create such software. When you cheat a software developer, you cheat us as a community.
If you've additional questions regarding my message, please feel free to contact me by private message.

Regards
Oswald Boelcke
Senior Moderator

{Mod edited by Oswald Boelcke} Messenger app ads are not provided by Google, they are provided by Facebook. Only errors occur when trying to patch...
@Mroczkovsky

Welcome to XDA! I hope you'll always get the support and help you require.

I've edited your above post. Please consider to ignore posts that are violating forum rules and do not to reply to them. Thanks a lot.

Regards
Oswald Boelcke

Reactions: Arealhooman

Mroczkovsky

Dec 8, 2022
Ah, makes sense. They do not have a feature to break Meta ads.
Try https://github.com/blokadaorg/blokada
if it does not work, I am out of ideas 🤷‍♂️

Oh and https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...book-less-ads-less-clutter-less-crap.3586318/

if this does not work you can try to Google ” No ad Facebook messenger mod ” and see what you get
Blokada is a scam. It has very low ratings. In comments, people write that they have been deceived.

de-bullshified is just a modification from Evilwombat. It doesn't work anymore, it's outdate :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Try using {Mod edited by Oswald Boelcke} to patch it to remove ads
    @Arealhooman I've edited your above post! Please read this message as a friendly but very serious warning to refrain from suggestions to use warez!

Please review the XDA Forum Rules, to which you agreed to adhere when you registered on this private website a few months ago! You've currently violated rule no. 6 that we take very seriously:
    6. Do not post or request warez.

If a piece of software requires you to pay to use it, then pay for it. We do not accept warez nor do we permit members to request, post, promote or describe ways in which warez, cracks, serial codes or other means of avoiding payment, can be obtained or used. This is a site of developers, i.e. the sort of people who create such software. When you cheat a software developer, you cheat us as a community.
    If you've additional questions regarding my message, please feel free to contact me by private message.

Regards
    Oswald Boelcke
    Senior Moderator

{Mod edited by Oswald Boelcke} Messenger app ads are not provided by Google, they are provided by Facebook. Only errors occur when trying to patch...
    @Mroczkovsky

Welcome to XDA! I hope you'll always get the support and help you require.

I've edited your above post. Please consider to ignore posts that are violating forum rules and do not to reply to them. Thanks a lot.

Regards
    Oswald Boelcke