Help me with the custom rom :(

Search This thread

ulisesgomez23

Apr 21, 2021
Hello, first of all I want to apologize for any grammatical mistake since I do not speak English and this text was translated through a web page. Let's start, for a long time I came with emotions to try custom roms on my device (motorola moto g7 play ((XT1952-2)), I decided to try the lineageOs and to my surprise I managed to make it work, but I did not have the Gapps so I wore To investigate to install them, after investigating, I tried to install them but everything went wrong, very bad, the cell phone had been soft bricked and I was about 5 hours trying to solve it since the bootloader had been blocked and there was no way to install ANYTHING, After solving it, I found that I cannot install LineageOS in any way, I spent about 4 hours testing and it always throws me an error and this affects the entire device since I have to use the Motorola assistant on every failed occasion ( Rescue and Smart Assistant), I attach one of the problems that I get when trying to install the OS. I hope a prompt solution, thank you very much

Instalando archivo zip
Buscando archivo digest...
Step 1/2
Error applying update: 28 (ErrorCode::kDownloadOperationExecutionError)
Proceso Updater terminó con ERROR : 1
Error instalando archivo zip
Actualizando detalles de la particion

I tried in all the ways I could but did not reach any solution, I only use the stock motorola firmware, but the fact of installing a custom rom rejects it anyway.

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor
  • Sep 21, 2011
    South Dakota
    goo.gl
    Moto X4
    Moto G7 Power
    Hello, first of all I want to apologize for any grammatical mistake since I do not speak English and this text was translated through a web page. Let's start, for a long time I came with emotions to try custom roms on my device (motorola moto g7 play ((XT1952-2)), I decided to try the lineageOs and to my surprise I managed to make it work, but I did not have the Gapps so I wore To investigate to install them, after investigating, I tried to install them but everything went wrong, very bad, the cell phone had been soft bricked and I was about 5 hours trying to solve it since the bootloader had been blocked and there was no way to install ANYTHING, After solving it, I found that I cannot install LineageOS in any way, I spent about 4 hours testing and it always throws me an error and this affects the entire device since I have to use the Motorola assistant on every failed occasion ( Rescue and Smart Assistant), I attach one of the problems that I get when trying to install the OS. I hope a prompt solution, thank you very much

Instalando archivo zip
    Buscando archivo digest...
    Step 1/2
    Error applying update: 28 (ErrorCode::kDownloadOperationExecutionError)
    Proceso Updater terminó con ERROR : 1
    Error instalando archivo zip
    Actualizando detalles de la particion

I tried in all the ways I could but did not reach any solution, I only use the stock motorola firmware, but the fact of installing a custom rom rejects it anyway.
    Which recovery are you using? Twrp, or Lineage? it's not stock is it?

ulisesgomez23

Apr 21, 2021
    i use Twrp

Yes, I know about that application, I always use it when the phone throws me an error.
    Let me explain, I have the bootloader unlocked so I connect the cell phone to the pc in fastboot mode and with a terminal I run "fastboot set_active a" to activate slot a, after this I use "fastboot boot <here I put the address where it is located the twrp recovery> "once started I go to wipe and delete dalvik, cache, data, and system, and after all this I go to install and look for my LineageOS.zip file and I proceed to install it, as soon as the installation begins, when the bar progress is 25%, the operation is canceled and I get the error that I mentioned before (Installing zip file
    Searching for digest file ...
    Step 1/2
    Error applying update: 28 (ErrorCode :: kDownloadOperationExecutionError)
    Updater process ended with ERROR: 1
    Error installing zip file
    Updating partition details)
    After this the cell phone is without operating system so I have to use the motorola application (Rescue and Smart Assistant) to be able to recover my phone.

I want to clarify that the phone the first time I perform the steps everything worked perfectly, LineageOS was installed but when I turned it on first I got a black screen that said N / A and after a few seconds I started LineageOS, this I understand what happened due to that the OS was installed in slot b, but I have no idea, I can no longer flash any rom since it always gives me an error and there is nothing to solve it :(

Last edited:
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone