[Help]Meizu Note 8 Softbrick after GSI Treble flash

Search This thread

X-NeRo-X

Jun 22, 2011
Craiova
Hello everyone! I need some help because i'm out of ideas how to resolve the softbrick on my old phone. First i'll explain how i got it in this state:
So i have 2 meizu note 8 i don't use anymore (one with broken touch and lcd, and the other was perfectly fine), and because of boredom and covid restrictions i had the "brilliant ideea" to mess with them and update to android 10 with GSI treble roms. The original android was flyme os 7.1.6.1 EU. First i unlock the bootloader on both and installed twrp recovery. No problems so far , everything worked fine with flyme os. Then i tried to install gsi android 10 with twrp on one of the phone (the one that does not have the screen broken). I had an error with system partition not mounting , so i did a full format in twrp (cache, data, system,internal storage, boot,vendor) and then i managed to flash it. Android 10 GSI (Havoc Os) booted up but with problems : First i got a message right after boot "There's an internal problem with your device. Contact your manufacturer for details" then the config wizard crashed constantly, but i managed to finish the process and android is working (sort of ).The problem wich i called it soft brick is the fact that wifi, data sim,bluetooth, gps, sound are not working (not detected, nada....).Both IMEI are correctly recognized, but the basic functions of the phone don't work.
Having another identical phone with original firmware, i made a full twrp backup (21 partitions..with system,data,cache, modem,kernel,vendor ....everything) and restored it on the culprit. Flyme os booted up but with the exact same symtoms as with GSI 10. It seems i messed up somewhere so i reverted back to stock flyme os recovery and flashed the original software (update zip form their website). Still the same symtoms. So I went further and got the flyme os files for QPST / QFIL flash tool. Flashed it successfully with QFIL but no improvements. I suspected the modem firmware being corrupt and flashed it separately, but i just can't get it to work.
So any ideas? I have the msm partion table and trying to pull everything with adb root and adb shell from the other phone, and restore it back to the other, but got stuck somewhere....(i'm doing more research).

Attachments

• msm_partitions.txt
    4.6 KB · Views: 107

X-NeRo-X

Jun 22, 2011
Craiova
A short update. Apparently the persist and persistbak partitions got corrupted or formated by me (tho twrp does not have option to format persist). This partition is responsible for calibration data for all sensors and baseband. So that's why i had all these problems.
Right now i'm trying to pull those partition images form the other phone and flash them on the bricked one.

X-NeRo-X

Jun 22, 2011
Craiova
Got it resolved. Flashing persist.img partition resolved all my problems but the IMEI and baseband got deleted .So it was necessary to pull *.qcn backup file from the working phone with QFIL program, manually edit both IMEI within qcn file with HEX editor , adding the right ones, and then restore it in the bricked phone.
Now it's working as it should.
I'm writing this in case someone gets their phone soft-bricked like mine. Hope it helps. It got me 2 full days, researching and testing things out!

Last edited:
Reactions: pencilmanKE

pencilmanKE

Mar 15, 2020
Hi, I got the same exact problem after doing the flashing using orangefox, all sensors and camera not working even after flashing the original global rom via Qfil. I have been looking for that persist.img file to help me fix the issue. could you please share the Persist.img file here? you will really help a brother

palloza02

Aug 30, 2015
hi there! i have also the same problem... accidentally formatted all partitions in orangefox recovery, been going through all night in recovering my Meizu note 8 here.. i bricked it and been looking for a firmware everywhere, and now i found a flashable firmware through qspt, im getting the same problem here, i've been looking everywhere to where i can get persist image and qcn, im not sure if my emei is messed up though.. i really need ur help also... i need this phone for my game development progress

canSbey

Apr 15, 2023
Got it resolved. Flashing persist.img partition resolved all my problems but the IMEI and baseband got deleted .So it was necessary to pull *.qcn backup file from the working phone with QFIL program, manually edit both IMEI within qcn file with HEX editor , adding the right ones, and then restore it in the bricked phone.
I'm writing this in case someone gets their phone soft-bricked like mine. Hope it helps. It got me 2 full days, researching and testing things out!
can you share file with us?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.