(Help) Mi-box stuck/bricked - MDZ-16-AB

Search This thread

Redtype

May 21, 2013
I have the same problem: " LOW_POWER". Any tips?
My Mi Box has no light on but my pc recognize it as "WordCup". Plese help me to unbrick it.

Last edited:

Chocofenix

Feb 3, 2021
I have the same problem: " LOW_POWER". Any tips?
My Mi Box has no light on but my pc recognize it as "WordCup". Plese help me to unbrick it.
Nearly same, mi logo comes up for a couple seconds, then reboots, plugging into pc results in the device plugging and unplugging, tried shorting the contacts, doesnt seem to do anything, using the *exact* voltage/amps on the base of the unit (no idea how i had the perfect one but still) and getting low voltage and stopping at 1%, but i have a light

johanja

Oct 31, 2020
help
MDZ-16-AB

low__power.png

tonypur

May 3, 2013
I had a big play with the Mibox yesterday and have a working fix for the low_power 1% issue.

Don't short the pins on the board if you're getting the low power 1% issue.

Just power on the board normally (after setting the Amlogic burn tool correctly).

100% make sure the amlogic tool is set properly - make sure you untick 'erase bootloader' AFTER selecting the flash image because it re-ticks it if you do it first.

I'm highlighting it in colour because I just helped someone else with their bricked 1% low_power box and they missed the fact that the box gets re-ticked after you select the flash image in the Amlogic tool. There is no way to recover the partition after it has been flashed over and you will lose DRM/widevine - you can never again play HD Netflix on the box.

Once again - select the image/rom first in the Amlogic tool, and then after it has been verified, untick 'erase bootloader' as the final step before pressing start and booting the mibox.

Then press start on the Amlogic tool and power on the Mibox. The flash tool will capture the moment it connects to Windows and flash successfully.

Please comment below if this works for you.

If/when you have recovered to Oreo and want to try Pie in the future again (the first release of Pie for the Mibox -
2926 - did not suffer from the sleep issue), format a usb stick as fat32, download the 2926 Pie update from Google servers here -
Place the zip on the root of a usb stick, along with a file named xiaomi_update (no extension) that contains the text
update_package=/udisk/update.zip

Remove the power plug from the Mibox, then press and hold the back arrow + centre button on the remote while plugging the power in. It should start recovery mode and automatically start the update.

Do not enter recovery and select the update.zip file to flash it, it will semi-brick the box again and you'll have to use the Amlogic tool + Oreo img file again to get the partitions correct again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smith Huang

jetika

Jan 26, 2021
I had a big play with the Mibox yesterday and have a working fix for the low_power 1% issue.

Just power on the board normally (after setting the Amlogic burn tool correctly).

100% make sure the amlogic tool is set properly - make sure you untick 'erase bootloader' AFTER selecting the flash image because it re-ticks it if you do it first.

I'm highlighting it in colour because I just helped someone else with their bricked 1% low_power box and they missed the fact that the box gets re-ticked after you select the flash image in the Amlogic tool. There is no way to recover the partition after it has been flashed over and you will lose DRM/widevine - you can never again play HD Netflix on the box.

Once again - select the image/rom first in the Amlogic tool, and then after it has been verified, untick 'erase bootloader' as the final step before pressing start and booting the mibox.

Then press start on the Amlogic tool and power on the Mibox. The flash tool will capture the moment it connects to Windows and flash successfully.

If/when you have recovered to Oreo and want to try Pie in the future again (the first release of Pie for the Mibox -
2926 - did not suffer from the sleep issue), format a usb stick as fat32, download the 2926 Pie update from Google servers here -
Place the zip on the root of a usb stick, along with a file named xiaomi_update (no extension) that contains the text

Remove the power plug from the Mibox, then press and hold the back arrow + centre button on the remote while plugging the power in. It should start recovery mode and automatically start the update.

Do not enter recovery and select the update.zip file to flash it, it will semi-brick the box again and you'll have to use the Amlogic tool + Oreo img file again to get the partitions correct again.
NOT WORK..

Reactions: lifeisfun

apichlinski

Mar 14, 2021
Hi, in my case method above doesnt work - USB burning tool dosnt recognize mi box without shorted pins. When i power up device with shorted pins, i have low power issue.

Reactions: lifeisfun

jetika

Jan 26, 2021
Hi, in my case method above doesnt work - USB burning tool dosnt recognize mi box without shorted pins. When i power up device with shorted pins, i have low power issue.
Good morning ... Here's the problem. I even tried with 6 volts..mdz16 has this problem..It's a xiamo suport doesn't help. But I saved a pair of mdz 22 of course with another soft..It's important to connect the charger..No like the second android box am 905 ..Problem with -no power..My be some day resurce..

apichlinski

Mar 14, 2021
Good morning ... Here's the problem. I even tried with 6 volts..mdz16 has this problem..It's a xiamo suport doesn't help. But I saved a pair of mdz 22 of course with another soft..It's important to connect the charger..No like the second android box am 905 ..Problem with -no power..My be some day resurce..
I connected brand new PSP 5V 2A power adapter and i have still low power issue.

gdinfo

Mar 28, 2012
I have a Mi TV Stick that stopped working completely after an update sent by the manufacturer.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do?

Procedures using the control do not work ...
The device turns on, the mi logo appears on the black screen and then the second one turns off. Enough or recovery.

serreche

Apr 19, 2011
Paris
Hi all,
I have same "low power" issue when I'm trying to flash bootloader with USB Burning Tool. Does anyone find any solution ?
Thx all.

JeroenBe

Oct 28, 2021

I constantly got the low power message but I've been able to flash the image using the Amlogic tool.
Also I connected the UART to see whats happening and the box was constantly resetting due to kernel panic.

Here is how I got it to work:
First I started the mibox with pins shorted so it got recognized by the tool.
Then I powercycled the mibox and pressed start directly after it got power again, then the image loaded successfully.

Now the kernel panic messages are gone and it starts booting up (shows the android tv boot animation) but I cant get into recovery mode using the "back"+"ok" button trick.

JeroenBe

Oct 28, 2021
After trying a couple of times I finally got into recovery with "back"+"ok" buttons and was able to restore the mibox :)

daniella_n

Feb 14, 2022
Hi,
Sorry to wake this thread,
did anyone at the end success to unbrick a MD-16-AB using an *.img file "low power " issue or other way around.
For the device which no access to recovery menu.

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

NOT WORK..
    NOT WORK.STILL NO POWER..
    I have the same situation.