• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[HELP] MOTO Z3 play - Installed the wrong stock rom - no wifi nor band

Search This thread

felipeguasti

Feb 17, 2021
Let me explain what I did first. I rooted my phone and used with the stock rom for a while (I needed to use some apps). So, I decided to unroot and lock the bootloader again. I used one script and flashed the rom I downloaded. But... it was the wrong rom. My rom is the XT1929-5. I flashed XT1929-6. The problem is. It returned a lot of error during the installation and the bootloader closed in the end automatically. Now, my phone is running but without internet connection. So, I can't unlock the bootloader (I can't go through the initial setup part). I already tried to reflash using Rescue assistent, but it says that it can't find the right version of my system. It looks like my baseband is not working. I waited some months for a system update so I would be able flash it even with a locked bootloader. But It didn't work. I've been searching for solutions for a long time. I know it's possible to fix. I just need help to figure out how.

Thanks in advance.

jwoegerbauer

Jul 11, 2009
European Union
AFAIK a device with locked bootloader only will run device's pre-installed Stock ROM. :)
Re-flash device's original Stock ROM. You achieve this with the "ADB Sideload" method,

Last edited:

felipeguasti

Feb 17, 2021
AFAIK a device with locked bootloader only will run device's pre-installed Stock ROM. :)
Re-flash device's original Stock ROM. You achieve this with the "ADB Sideload" method,

Hi, there. Thanks for your help. But I'm not sure about how I could do the ADB sideload method. This is one thing that I still didn't try. Could you help me with that? Maybe with a step-by-step tutorial. Thanks

felipeguasti

Feb 17, 2021
You run the following ADB command sequence
Code:
adb devices
adb reboot sideload
adb sideload <FULLPATH-TO-STOCKROM-ZIP-ON-PC>
adb reboot

I tried using the newest update. It returned an error in the string
adb reboot sideload

Also the installation was abosted in the phone in the string
adb sideload <FULLPATH-TO-STOCKROM-ZIP-ON-PC> (of course. I changed the name properly)

Any other idea?