• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

(Help) My Android TV Box has got problems after I unmounted my USB Drive through ES Explorer.

Search This thread

Skywalker_141

May 2, 2021
Realme 6
After unmounting, all the device storage folders vanished. I tried restarting but it got stuck so I plugged out the power cable. I plugged it back in and I was able to see them again BUT my USB Drive was being detected as a memory card in FX File Manager. Even Xplore and Solid show it with the SD card symbol. FX shows a USB option, but when I click on I get this error ( ).

When I plug the drive in, I get a message saying "SanDisk Cruzer Blade safely ejected" and then in a few seconds later, the drive shows up like it would normally do. I did a complete FAT32 format of my USB Drive but still no change. I even used a different USB port. Nothing worked.

I have a Mi Box S/4K which doesn't have any problem with the same operations so I am sure there is some problem with my TV Box.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Kenora_I

Jun 12, 2021
Ireland
Redmi 7A
Samsung Galaxy A21s
After unmounting, all the device storage folders vanished. I tried restarting but it got stuck so I plugged out the power cable. I plugged it back in and I was able to see them again BUT my USB Drive was being detected as a memory card in FX File Manager. Even Xplore and Solid show it with the SD card symbol. FX shows a USB option, but when I click on I get this error ( ).

When I plug the drive in, I get a message saying "SanDisk Cruzer Blade safely ejected" and then in a few seconds later, the drive shows up like it would normally do. I did a complete FAT32 format of my USB Drive but still no change. I even used a different USB port. Nothing worked.

I have a Mi Box S/4K which doesn't have any problem with the same operations so I am sure there is some problem with my TV Box.

Try installing ES File explorer. Then plug the drive in and see if it shows as a USB.
Then try use it through it.Uninstall then restart the box.
If that dosent work.
Restart to recovery through adb or the button combination for your box.
Clear cache and reboot. See if it works without issues after that.

Reactions: blog7

Skywalker_141

May 2, 2021
Realme 6
I tried both, but it didn't work.
I am sorry, I should have updated this post. I managed to fix the problem by a method I found on the Shield forums (https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforc...no-only-shows-as-safely-ejected-cann/2217355/). But I have ran into a similar problem again.

I installed Aiden's ROM. After opening my USB Drive through the file manager pre installed on the ROM, the USB drive started to be recognized as a media card. I cleared defaults and data and it seemed to fix the problem but when I installed the original firmware of the box, the box can't write to the USB drive anymore. Same with my external hard drive. 😥

Hotrod369

Jul 6, 2020
Bristol TN
I am sorry, I should have updated this post. I managed to fix the problem by a method I found on the Shield forums (https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforc...no-only-shows-as-safely-ejected-cann/2217355/). But I have ran into a similar problem again.

I installed Aiden's ROM. After opening my USB Drive through the file manager pre installed on the ROM, the USB drive started to be recognized as a media card. I cleared defaults and data and it seemed to fix the problem but when I installed the original firmware of the box, the box can't write to the USB drive anymore. Same with my external hard drive. 😥
I would try and reinstall the factory firmware.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Try installing ES File explorer. Then plug the drive in and see if it shows as a USB.
    Then try use it through it.Uninstall then restart the box.
    If that dosent work.
    Restart to recovery through adb or the button combination for your box.
    Clear cache and reboot. See if it works without issues after that.