• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Help! My nook simple touch glowlight is bricked

Search This thread

dant3

Dec 17, 2011
My nook simple touch glowlight is bricked/dead and I find some tutorials for recover it, but all the links are down.

Please some can send me or redownload the files?

Thank you so much

dant3

Dec 17, 2011
Define "bricked/dead". Can't help without more info. Does it turn on? Does it boot? Etc.

It turns me on, it charges and when it turns on it asks me to configure it, but when I set the language and try to connect to the internet I can never and from there it doesn't happen. I have tried various Wi-Fi networks and from there it doesn't happen and I can't do anything else. And with the nook manager I can't do anything.

nmyshkin

Recognized Contributor
Nov 21, 2013
It turns me on, it charges and when it turns on it asks me to configure it, but when I set the language and try to connect to the internet I can never and from there it doesn't happen. I have tried various Wi-Fi networks and from there it doesn't happen and I can't do anything else. And with the nook manager I can't do anything.
Are you in the US? If you have non-US firmware the "fix" wiil be different. It's not "bricked/dead".

nmyshkin

Recognized Contributor
Nov 21, 2013

dant3

Dec 17, 2011
Sin-título-2.png

nmyshkin

Recognized Contributor
Nov 21, 2013
That is one picture that is NOT worth 1000 words.

I'll have to guess that when you turn on your NST this is the screen it displays. Did you read the options at the link I gave you? If you want options 1 or 2 you need a way to get to the "Welcome" screen again. If you want option 3, you don't need to worry since your NST will boot from the various cards (region change, NookManager) and bypass the current roadblock.

To get to the "Welcome" screen again, power down the device. Now turn it on again but as soon as you see the "Read Forever" screen, press and continue to hold the two lower hardware buttons until you see a message about resetting the device. You'll need to press the "n" button twice to confirm. This deregisters the device without contacting B&N. Once you are at the "Welcome" screen, you can proceed with either option 1 or option 2 in the link I gave you. Again, if you want a fully functioning device updated to FW 1.2.2, your only option is #3, and you don't need to do the reset before following those instructions.

Last edited: