Help, my ZE520KL fingerprint not working

Search This thread

erwinchuy01

Sep 12, 2016
So i just bought this phone, on the first the fingerprint works just fine, after i restart the phone i notice my phone cant be unlocked by fingerprint, it even only written "slide to unlock" before it was "slide or tap fingerprint to unlock" , then i check the setting menu, the fingerprint menu is gone, i have factory reset and hard reset the phone and its not helping at all, it seems like the fingerprint scanner is not detected or something, please anybody got idea?
screenshot
estechmedia*com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Screenshot_20160912-081240.jpg
estechmedia*com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Screenshot_20160912-081246.jpg
estechmedia*com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Screenshot_20160912-081251.jpg
estechmedia*com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Screenshot_20160912-081308.jpg

just change the (*) to (.), sorry for that, its because xda wont let me post external link

celoxocis

Apr 12, 2010
Belgrade
So i just bought this phone, on the first the fingerprint works just fine, after i restart the phone i notice my phone cant be unlocked by fingerprint, it even only written "slide to unlock" before it was "slide or tap fingerprint to unlock" , then i check the setting menu, the fingerprint menu is gone, i have factory reset and hard reset the phone and its not helping at all, it seems like the fingerprint scanner is not detected or something, please anybody got idea?
screenshot
estechmedia*com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Screenshot_20160912-081240.jpg
estechmedia*com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Screenshot_20160912-081246.jpg
estechmedia*com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Screenshot_20160912-081251.jpg
estechmedia*com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Screenshot_20160912-081308.jpg

just change the (*) to (.), sorry for that, its because xda wont let me post external link
You can remote unlock the phone via android manager online, this is a great way to access and unlock a device when you either have an issue like this or forget your password/ pin

erwinchuy01

Sep 12, 2016
You can remote unlock the phone via android manager online, this is a great way to access and unlock a device when you either have an issue like this or forget your password/ pin

Thanks for the reply, but actually the problem is not unlocking the phone, because i remember the pin, the main problem is why my Zenfone 3 seems like not detect my fingerprint scanner, you can see the screenshot, there should be a fingerprint menu, but now its gone. how is that possible and how do i fix it? its so annoying because fingerprint is the major feature which makes it a bit expensive.

celoxocis

Apr 12, 2010
Belgrade
Thanks for the reply, but actually the problem is not unlocking the phone, because i remember the pin, the main problem is why my Zenfone 3 seems like not detect my fingerprint scanner, you can see the screenshot, there should be a fingerprint menu, but now its gone. how is that possible and how do i fix it? its so annoying because fingerprint is the major feature which makes it a bit expensive.

I seriously don't know. If i were in that situation. I would backup all my data first. Then reset the phone to factory state. If it happens again. I would contact Asus. Or check their forums for a solution.

erwinchuy01

Sep 12, 2016
I seriously don't know. If i were in that situation. I would backup all my data first. Then reset the phone to factory state. If it happens again. I would contact Asus. Or check their forums for a solution.

okay, maybe contact asus is the best solution, because i did factory reset and even hard reset but nothing works. Thanks for trying to help by the way

nta139

May 25, 2011
Binh Duong
You use ZenUI Launcher ?
My Phone locked with ZenUI launcher (double-tap on screen) => can unlock with fingerprint.
When I use Nova Launcher => Lock phone (by double-tap on screen) => can not unlock with fingerprint!

Marcusvbo

Nov 23, 2016
I'm having the same problem. Hope someone can fix it. It's the feature I loved most in this device

scuderialoki

Dec 30, 2012
You use ZenUI Launcher ?
My Phone locked with ZenUI launcher (double-tap on screen) => can unlock with fingerprint.
When I use Nova Launcher => Lock phone (by double-tap on screen) => can not unlock with fingerprint!
For some reason i can use nova launcher prime and still able to use the fingerprint scanner. I even went as far as unintalled the Zen UI launcher.

sanctitude888

Jun 2, 2015
LG V30
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
For some reason i can use nova launcher prime and still able to use the fingerprint scanner. I even went as far as unintalled the Zen UI launcher.

Probably due to root access, mine is unrooted so fingerprint won't work with Nova. Installing dan configuring Screen Lock Pro will fix this, but have to wait 10 seconds after screen off to allow fingerprint unlock. Not so convinient.

scuderialoki

Dec 30, 2012
Probably due to root access, mine is unrooted so fingerprint won't work with Nova. Installing dan configuring Screen Lock Pro will fix this, but have to wait 10 seconds after screen off to allow fingerprint unlock. Not so convinient.
Exactly, the convenience it brings is really great. Especially if you have a 25 character password lol. My password's too long for me to enter it all the time. And yes, maybe because of root access i'm able to do that

mttca

Oct 2, 2006
Xiaomi Mi 9
You use ZenUI Launcher ?
It is how Android 6 behaves when a third party app locks screen.

Have you ran Asus hardware test?
If not - have a try:
- open phone calculator (stock Asus) and type .12345+=
Pls note - no zero before the dot
- in the pop-up app, select single test, then fingerprint test.
If the test result is ok, your issue is software only. In contrary, it's a hardware failure.

Cabessaum2

Dec 13, 2016

If not - have a try:
If the test result is ok, your issue is software only. In contrary, it's a hardware failure.

Great tip.

I ran the test, fingerprint test went wrong.
So, in my case, it`s a hardware failure.

soulkamal

Dec 1, 2016
I have the same problem with ze522KL. Initially finger print worked for a few months. suddenly it stopped working. What. to do?

sanctitude888

Jun 2, 2015
LG V30
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
I have the same problem with ze522KL. Initially finger print worked for a few months. suddenly it stopped working. What. to do?

Just make sure it isn't hardware failure by running above mentioned hardware test. If the test suggests there is nothing wrong with hardware, then switch to swipe as unlock method first before setting up and returning to fingerprint unlock from scratch.

kenkie

Oct 11, 2006
Angeles City
Mine is having problem like this.
Hardware test says it is working well but when I tried to register print no response at all.
Tried the pattern lock method as well but no luck.

Atikaaz

Dec 27, 2016
Same case

It's happened to me also. I have done the test (.12345+= in calculator) and it said "something wrong with fingerprint test". For this case i'll contact Asus. It's really weird why so many people having same problem like this. Actually my device has been used for only no more than 3 months. I'm afraid there will be new other problem in the future.

Reactions: Zenfonersince 2016

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You use ZenUI Launcher ?

If not - have a try:
    Same case

It's happened to me also. I have done the test (.12345+= in calculator) and it said "something wrong with fingerprint test". For this case i'll contact Asus. It's really weird why so many people having same problem like this. Actually my device has been used for only no more than 3 months. I'm afraid there will be new other problem in the future.