Question Help needed for solving miui issues

Search This thread

Mitoraf

Feb 16, 2018
The Mi Mix Fold is great as a media device, but it is full of bugs, there are many problems with this device:
1). the rom, the software on this phone is china miui and there is no custom rom, meaning you are stuck with whatever china region related miui issues such as: 1). no caller name when someone is calling 2).
keyboard gets switched to china keyboard after every restart 3).
many apps won't work simply because the phone is china or in english, so if you leave somewhere else in the world, apps that support your native language might not work properly, 4).
if you set your region in the phone to somewhere outside of china, you get annoying wifi disconnects that are only fixed when turning off and wifi on 5).
because of the above feature unless you open the apps to check occasionally if you received messages, you will miss out on notifications since they can randomly stop working until you turn wifi off and on again, or enter the app manually (I tried locking the app, setting it to auto start, also turning off battery saving options but it keeps happening and whatsapp for example is a pain to handle since I have to manually open the app to see if I have messages.

if anyone knows how to solve any of the above issues or would like to share their experience about this please post a reply, thanks everyone!

gtsai

Dec 1, 2008
The Mi Mix Fold is great as a media device, but it is full of bugs, there are many problems with this device:
1). the rom, the software on this phone is china miui and there is no custom rom, meaning you are stuck with whatever china region related miui issues such as: 1). no caller name when someone is calling 2).
keyboard gets switched to china keyboard after every restart 3).
many apps won't work simply because the phone is china or in english, so if you leave somewhere else in the world, apps that support your native language might not work properly, 4).
if you set your region in the phone to somewhere outside of china, you get annoying wifi disconnects that are only fixed when turning off and wifi on 5).
because of the above feature unless you open the apps to check occasionally if you received messages, you will miss out on notifications since they can randomly stop working until you turn wifi off and on again, or enter the app manually (I tried locking the app, setting it to auto start, also turning off battery saving options but it keeps happening and whatsapp for example is a pain to handle since I have to manually open the app to see if I have messages.

if anyone knows how to solve any of the above issues or would like to share their experience about this please post a reply, thanks everyone!
Hi. I used to have this problem also with my Xiaomi Fold, and after a long troubleshooting period and reading ur post, found the issue are the towers in US, the 5G signal being inconsistent or weak. I installed the app Connection Stabilizer Booster/google store and since then (1month+), notification delay is 5-10mins maximum, no phone calls missed. Most of times on 4G, was showing 5G prior. Hope helps.

Mitoraf

Feb 16, 2018
Hi. I used to have this problem also with my Xiaomi Fold, and after a long troubleshooting period and reading ur post, found the issue are the towers in US, the 5G signal being inconsistent or weak. I installed the app Connection Stabilizer Booster/google store and since then (1month+), notification delay is 5-10mins maximum, no phone calls missed. Most of times on 4G, was showing 5G prior. Hope helps.
Hey its been so long since I posted this, around December I got the mi 11 ultra again and sold the mix fold at a loss, because it has no market here, but it was the best decision I made, the mix fold dissappointed me everywhere, low refresh rate screens, bad cameras, no wireless charging, very bad software support (still on android 11), the mi 11 ultra fixes all these issues and does more, this mix fold was my first and last foldable phone, horrible device in everyway compared to the mi 11 ultra

thref23

Jul 27, 2007
Instead of the Mi 11 Ultra, I just bought an Oppo Find N after the inner screen on my Mix Fold broke.

(it had been showing signs of damage i.e. stuck/dead pixels, and then one day I pulled it out my pocket, and the screen was suddenly busted and non-functional)

Anyways, just wanted to say that the 8GB Oppo Find N is overall waay nicer than my 16GB Mix Fold was. This is a PSA.

Also, if anyone is interested in buying a Mix Fold with a busted inner screen, let me know. I'll let you figure out the repair.