HELP NEEDED - Having issues with pc connection/downloadmode/recoverymode

Search This thread

Privacydroid

Aug 10, 2022
Device Name: Sony Xperia XA2
Device ID: H3113
Internal Storage: 32 GB
Software Version: Android 8.0.0

What i want to do: Install LineageOS 19.1 on the phone.
How far i got: I'f been trying to follow the instructions here https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/pioneer/install
However after 2 hours and no progress i decided to ask on XDA...

On the PC i installed platform-tools_r33.0.2 for windows and UniversalAdbDriverSetup
Then i added this path %USERPROFILE%\adb-fastboot\platform-tools to "Environment Variables"
On the Phone i have USB Debugging Enabled also OEM and Bootloader are both unlocked.
I am ready to install LineageOS however when i connect the Phone to the PC and check device manager there is a yellow marker, something is not right.
The Phone asked me what shall be transfered and i selected data, still the PC doesnt seem to "like" the phone.

I have installed LineageOS on a samsung device before and there only difference i can spot now is that for samsung i installed usb drivers on the pc, however for sony i cannot find usb drivers for the Xperia XA2. Do i need these and where do i get them??

I have noticed another "issue" when i try to boot the phone in recovery by pressing Volume Down + Power, the phone vibrates once and the screen goes on fully white with the sony logo.
After that nothing happens i continue to press Volume Down + Power and everything repeats, phone reboots, vibrates once and shows sony logo, this will go forever untill i stop pressing Volume Down + Power and the Phone now boots normally to system. It seems i cannot boot into recoverymode?
The phone is acting wired, when i press Volume Up and connect it to the usb/power cable sometimes it does nothing and shows the battery % while sometimes it boots to system and sometimes i managed to get into download/fastboot mode where ican see a blue light but the screen remains off.

I was going to install TWRP with ADB but since the phone isn't showing on the PC i cannot continue, i have no idea what to do... cant be so hard can it? So many people flashed lineage on this phone so there really should be a way... i hope someone can help!

1.PNG

2.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:

Verschijning

Mar 12, 2021
Hi, I believe I have the same issue.

When pressing "volume up" (for bootloader) while connecting the USB cable I get an "Android" device without driver. I've tried several drivers without result. Emma sees the phone (but gives "device locked"), Windows sees the phone, adb sees the phone, but when in bootloader... no result.
Any assistance is welcome.

WIndows 10 64
Xperia XA2 (H3113)

Attachments

• ANdroid device.jpg
    ANdroid device.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 4

Renate

Recognized Contributor / Inactive Recognized Dev
Feb 3, 2012
Boston
www.temblast.com
Nexus 7 (2013)
Moto E5
You have to know how your device is presenting: ABD? Fastboot? Bootloader?
You need to look in Device Manager and identify devices that are not happy.
Try to install a stock driver. If you can't, then identify the VID/PID of the device.
You may need to make a copy of the stock Google .inf file and make new entries for your device.
Then you can try to install that, although you'll have to use the procedure for unsigned drivers.

In any case, if things are not going right, don't bother with long adb or fastboot commands. Just try.
Code:
C:\>adb devices
C:\>fastboot devices

Reactions: Verschijning

Verschijning

Mar 12, 2021
Thanks for the reply,

While stock android is started
ADB gives:
List of devices attached
CQ3001ERRN device

Fastboot devices: No result

Reboot phone in flash mode (Volume down): Emma recognizes phone(but locked)
Reboot phone in recovery (Volume up): Unknown Android device.

When trying to install the Google driver (or any other related) I just get: could not find the driver for your device. In my view this has nothing to do with unsigned (message is different).
Uninstalling "Android" and re-installing it, does not help, picking it out of the list of available drivers does not help.

"You may need to make a copy of the stock Google .inf file and make new entries for your device."
How would one proceed with this, keeping in mind that when the phone is booted using stock ROM it is fully recognized as a Xperia XA2?

Any advice is welcome

Last edited:

Renate

Recognized Contributor / Inactive Recognized Dev
Feb 3, 2012
Boston
www.temblast.com
Nexus 7 (2013)
Moto E5
A device needs drivers for every single different mode that it can be in.

For the thing that you can't load drivers on, you need to get the VID/PID and if there is an MI.
Just go to DeviceManager > MysteryDevice > Properties > Details > Device instance path
From DM it's not possible to see if this is ADB or Fastboot but the driver is the same.

Copy over the Google .inf file to your own.
Add what you found in DM to look just like the others.
Note that you need to enter the same line twice in the NTx86 and NTamd64 sections.
When you try to install a driver using your .inf it will obviously be unsigned.
Do the restart PC with allow unsigned and install.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A device needs drivers for every single different mode that it can be in.

For the thing that you can't load drivers on, you need to get the VID/PID and if there is an MI.
    Just go to DeviceManager > MysteryDevice > Properties > Details > Device instance path
    From DM it's not possible to see if this is ADB or Fastboot but the driver is the same.

Copy over the Google .inf file to your own.
    Add what you found in DM to look just like the others.
    Note that you need to enter the same line twice in the NTx86 and NTamd64 sections.
    When you try to install a driver using your .inf it will obviously be unsigned.
    Do the restart PC with allow unsigned and install.
    @Renate You have made me a happy man.
    I'm looking at a Xperia with LineageOS running smoothly

Thank you for your instructions
    You have to know how your device is presenting: ABD? Fastboot? Bootloader?
    You need to look in Device Manager and identify devices that are not happy.
    Try to install a stock driver. If you can't, then identify the VID/PID of the device.
    You may need to make a copy of the stock Google .inf file and make new entries for your device.
    Then you can try to install that, although you'll have to use the procedure for unsigned drivers.

In any case, if things are not going right, don't bother with long adb or fastboot commands. Just try.
    Code:
    C:\>adb devices
    C:\>fastboot devices