• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[HELP NEEDED] My Phone can't be detected in fastboot mode

Search This thread

Haresh2910

Jun 2, 2021
Hey there,everyone! I have a small problem here .So I have this old Android phone (SAMSUNG GALAXY GRAND QUATTRO GT-I8552)that i wanted to use to experiment with rooting and flashing custom roms(I am new to this) I tried unlocking the bootloader. The problem is that my phone couldnt be recognized once I am in fastboot mode (it can be detected when it's in normal mode/adb devices).I tried it on my current phone( Vivo Y55s) and it could be recognized tho.Any ways to get my phone detected in fastboot mode? I tried installing the drivers but i think that i messed it up.

If you didn't unlock bootloader in a proper way, your phone won't connect to fastboot.
Make sure you follow the steps to unlock bootloader, it happened to me before when I wanted to get root.
Hey there,everyone! I have a small problem here .So I have this old Android phone (SAMSUNG GALAXY GRAND QUATTRO GT-I8552)that i wanted to use to experiment with rooting and flashing custom roms(I am new to this) I tried unlocking the bootloader. The problem is that my phone couldnt be recognized once I am in fastboot mode (it can be detected when it's in normal mode/adb devices).I tried it on my current phone( Vivo Y55s) and it could be recognized tho.Any ways to get my phone detected in fastboot mode? I tried installing the drivers but i think that i messed it up.

Haresh2910

Jun 2, 2021
If you didn't unlock bootloader in a proper way, your phone won't connect to fastboot.
Make sure you follow the steps to unlock bootloader, it happened to me before when I wanted to get root.
But how do I unlock my phone's bootloader if i can't access my device through fastboot mode?
Edit : I haven't unlock the bootloader yet.

First of all, fastboot is not compatible with Samsung, Samsung does not have a fastboot mode. Samsung devices use download mode a.k.a. Odin mode.

If you do not have the OEM unlock setting, you will not be to unlock the bootloader by any other means. Not all Samsung devices have this setting. Basically, you're screwed, you won't be able to unlock bootloader on your device.
I found this in another thread.
The best thing I personally recommend is to get TWRP, flash it from Odin....
I don't know if you want to acquire root. Hope this helps.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I found this in another thread.
    The best thing I personally recommend is to get TWRP, flash it from Odin....
    I don't know if you want to acquire root. Hope this helps.
    Sure, i will try that method first and let you know.