• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Help needed! Rooted device can't install apps from play store nor even update!!! Me is desperatly looking for instant help

Search This thread

furomin

Jan 24, 2020
Ok one by one... I have a Mi 9T rooted, but not really a custom rom, Just a very special version from Xiaomi.eu, to make it perfectly clear I am running Android 10 MIUI12.3 version 20.12.9/10 according to xiaomi.eu website. As recovery Im running Sky Hawk Recovery Project 3.0. It's rooted with magisk canary latest version and I also needed edxposed to be installed. Sorry for being so unclear I sincerely apologize for that. Of course i formatted data to get this setup running. I thought I'd know my stuff its a bit embarrasing for me to ask for help, but im very frustrated. Excuse me. The system was as far as I know runnning fine, sure i experience some lag here and there but the playstore thingy is getting over my head. Also the playstore no longer autoupdates my apps, i must manually start the update process. Does anyone has any idea what i can do in this case? Wiping cache and dalvik maybe. I would be super gratefull for any kind of advice!!!!!!! Have a nice day and i will update the OP Post as soon as something relevant happens......

Kind regards from Germany,
Florian

Edit 1: I managed to install one or two apps now, but they were rather small and it took forever to get the job done. Downloading as well as installing. Any help would be highly apprciated!

Edit 2: Added a detailed description of my setup and specifcations, just the title was too less info....

Last edited:

furomin

Jan 24, 2020
Use another device with Playstore to download them then use ApkExport to make an installable copy. Simple transfer that to the victim phone and load.

Who needs Playstore🤣
First of all thank you for your reply it means a lot to me.

I prefer using playstore because its plug and play and i get my updates automatically. The situation has somewhat deescalted now, it took a while and I mean a while I have my new launcher now and all apps are updated and installed. But still, my mi 9t is very unresponsive if not to say laggy, even in standard ui things. Any hellp????

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
First of all thank you for your reply it means a lot to me.

I prefer using playstore because its plug and play and i get my updates automatically. The situation has somewhat deescalted now, it took a while and I mean a while I have my new launcher now and all apps are updated and installed. But still, my mi 9t is very unresponsive if not to say laggy, even in standard ui things. Any hellp????
Nor familiar with that device.
Try clearing the system cache for starters.

You really don't want Playstore autodating.
It will kill apps and cause of kinds of problems especially when it jams a bunch of updates down your throat.
Keeping a copy of all your apps and system updates speeds reloads and means you always have a known good copy.
I don't use Playstore after I do a factory reset as I already have the apps I need. Takes 20 minutes instead 2+ hours of goofing around on Playstore.

• Wow
Reactions: furomin

furomin

Jan 24, 2020

It will kill apps and cause of kinds of problems especially when it jams a bunch of updates down your throat.
Keeping a copy of all your apps and system updates speeds reloads and means you always have a known good copy.
I don't use Playstore after I do a factory reset as I already have the apps I need. Takes 20 minutes instead 2+ hours of goofing around on Playstore.
Thank you, but what do you mean by cleaning the cache? Like in TWRP? I prefer SHRP but i know under the hood its just twrp doing itÄs magic. What do I need to clean exactly? Even dalvik? Thank you thousand times!!!

PS: Please excuse my noobishness...........

Reactions: blackhawk

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Thank you, but what do you mean by cleaning the cache? Like in TWRP? I prefer SHRP but i know under the hood its just twrp doing itÄs magic. What do I need to clean exactly? Even dalvik? Thank you thousand times!!!

I'm not rooted... it's not always desirable and is a gravity well for time.
On the boot menu there should be an option to clear the system cache.
Uncleared data there can cause erratic operation.

• Sad

furomin

Jan 24, 2020
I have no standard bootloader anymore

Edit: I have time now I can wait for someone to show up who has experience with rooted devices... Thank you all for your instant support and Im not even considering the time....

Reactions: blackhawk

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Please read the thread title. Ask me anything you want!!

Kind regards,
Florian

Update: I managed to install one or two apps now, but they were rather small and it took forever to get the job done. Downloading as well as installing. Any help would be highly apprciated!
The title absolutely does not say anything useful that somebody can help you. Supposidely, you have Mi 9T (since posting here).
But which ROM, rooted how (preinstalled in custom ROM, or you installed and how, which Magisk or what, etc).
What does it mean 'no standard bootloader'?!
If xustom ROM, do you have GApps or some open source replacement?

Me and ton of others have 'rooted' Mi 9T with Playstore working with no issues

Sorry but seeing your post (new member, no info whatsoever, the unusual problem itself), you must have done something terribly wrong

If you installed custom ROM, did you (it's a MUST) FORMAT Data (not just Wipe - it's different thing in TWRP, and I'm not talking about wiping System etc) - one of the typical newbie mistakes?

• Wow

furomin

Jan 24, 2020
The title absolutely does not say anything useful that somebody can help you. Supposidely, you have Mi 9T (since posting here).
But which ROM, rooted how (preinstalled in custom ROM, or you installed and how, which Magisk or what, etc).
What does it mean 'no standard bootloader'?!
If xustom ROM, do you have GApps or some open source replacement?

Me and ton of others have 'rooted' Mi 9T with Playstore working with no issues

Sorry but seeing your post (new member, no info whatsoever, the unusual problem itself), you must have done something terribly wrong

If you installed custom ROM, did you (it's a MUST) FORMAT Data (not just Wipe - it's different thing in TWRP, and I'm not talking about wiping System etc) - one of the typical newbie mistakes?
Ok one by one... First of all thank you for your quick reply! I indeed have a Mi 9T, but not really a custom rom, Just a very spceial version from Xiaomi.eu, to make it perfectly clear I am running Android 10 MIUI12.3 version 20.12.9/10 according to xiaomi.eu website. As recovery Im running Sky Hawk Recovery Project 3.0 and the thing about no standard bootloader may be a misconception on my part. It's rooted with magisk canary latest version and I also needed edxposed to be installed. Sorry for being so unclear I sincerely apologize for that. Of course i formated data to get this setup running. I thought I'Äd know my stuff its a bit embarrasing for me to ask for help, but im very freustrated. Excuse me. The system was as far as I know runnning fine, sure i experience some lag here and there but the playstore thingy is getting over my head. also the playstore no longer autoupdates my apps, i must manually start the update process. Do you have any idea what i can do in this case? Wiping cache and dalvik maybe. I would be super gratefull for any kind of advice!!!!!!! Have a nice day and i will update the OP Post as soon as I can!!!!!!!!!! Promise!

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Ok one by one... First of all thank you for your quick reply! I indeed have a Mi 9T, but not really a custom rom, Just a very spceial version from Xiaomi.eu, to make it perfectly clear I am running Android 10 MIUI12.3 version 20.12.9/10 according to xiaomi.eu website. As recovery Im running Sky Hawk Recovery Project 3.0 and the thing about no standard bootloader may be a misconception on my part. It's rooted with magisk canary latest version and I also needed edxposed to be installed. Sorry for being so unclear I sincerely apologize for that. Of course i formated data to get this setup running. I thought I'Äd know my stuff its a bit embarrasing for me to ask for help, but im very freustrated. Excuse me. The system was as far as I know runnning fine, sure i experience some lag here and there but the playstore thingy is getting over my head. also the playstore no longer autoupdates my apps, i must manually start the update process. Do you have any idea what i can do in this case? Wiping cache and dalvik maybe. I would be super gratefull for any kind of advice!!!!!!! Have a nice day and i will update the OP Post as soon as I can!!!!!!!!!! Promise!
Ok, I'm on Xiaomi.eu, too, but weekly (hence the latest 21.4.28, Android 11 beta, MIUI 12.6 - believe me, it's good).
With Magisk Canary, too, and I previously used SHRP but returned to TWRP (but that doesn't matter)

Xposed (not using) may cause you issues with SafetyNet and therefore with Playstore - you may try uninstalling

But yes, if you did Format Data (really Format, not Wipe), then first go again to TWRP/SHRP and Wipe Cache and Dalwik. Rebooting will take a time, be patient

If it won't help, uninstall Xposed and leave the clean Magisk

Also, I remember that there was a problem with Playstore not working - I think in some CN firmware and therefore also in some Xiaomi.eu version, but I don't remember details, hence don't know could it apply to you

Actually, reading your answer again, is your Xiaomi.eu 20.12.20 also their old Weekly (but four months old) or the so-called Stable?
And is it really Android 10 (but with MIUI 12.3)?
I don't recall now but I think that I switched from a Stable Xiaomi.eu (but from 20.11) to Weekly 20.12 at around that time, and that it was MIUI 12.3 but also already Android 11 (and I didn't have any problem with Playstore - actually never with my stock EEA MIUI 10-12, Stable Xiaomi.eu MIUI 12, Weeklies Xiaomi.eu MIUI 12.3-MIUI 12.6 - and I'm also always on the latest Magisk Canaries)

Last edited:

furomin

Jan 24, 2020
Ok, I'm on Xiaomi.eu, too, but weekly (hence the latest 21.4.28, Android 11 beta, MIUI 12.6 - believe me, it's good).
With Magisk Canary, too, and I previously used SHRP but returned to TWRP (but that doesn't matter)
Believe me or not i had reasons to stay on android 10

Xposed (not using) may cause you issues with SafetyNet and therefore with Playstore - you may try uninstalling

But yes, if you did Format Data (really Format, not Wipe), then first go again to TWRP/SHRP and Wipe Cache and Dalwik. Rebooting will take a time, be patient
Wiping cache and dalvik now, if it wont help off goes exposed

Also, I remember that there was a problem with Playstore not working - I think in some CN firmware and therefore also in some Xiaomi.eu version, but I don't remember details, hence don't know could it apply to you
I don't know really
Actually, reading your answer again, is your Xiaomi.eu 20.12.20 also their old Weekly (but four months old) or the so-called Stable?
old weekly dont know of a 12.3 stable never heared of it at least for davinci
exactly
I don't recall now but I think that I switched from a Stable Xiaomi.eu (but from 20.11) to Weekly 20.12 at around that time, and that it was MIUI 12.3 but also already Android 11 (and I didn't have any problem with Playstore - actually never with my stock EEA MIUI 10-12, Stable Xiaomi.eu MIUI 12, Weeklies Xiaomi.eu MIUI 12.3-MIUI 12.6 - and I'm also always on the latest Magisk Canaries)
Thank you for your quick and overly helpful reply wiping cache dalvik nao, will take time (reboot alone)
It really means a lot to me! I can't allow to be without a mobile, not here, not now, not covid.... I have no spare!!!!!!!!! And its weekend by the way and stores are closed in germany because of covid

furomin

Jan 24, 2020
I always use Vanced root (also the latest now) with Magisk and no need for Xposed
On mi 9t android 11 miui 12.5? I always get playstore updates overwriting my root installed vanced app!! Thats the reason im bound to android 10 sudohide does not work on android r

Edit 1 How do i safely uninstgall edxposed first al modules and then the app via app managaer (system)

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
On mi 9t android 11 miui 12.5? I always get playstore updates overwriting my root installed vanced app!! Thats the reason im bound to android 10 sudohide does not work on android r

Edit 1 How do i safely uninstgall edxposed first al modules and then the app via app managaer (system)
In Google Play, go to YT app, top-right, three-dots menu, Disable Auto-update (only for YT, not for all apps).
There is a Magisk module to detach apps from Google Play (did not use) and also an app (find info in XDA Vanced thread) to detach (did use, but found that just disabling auto-update for YT is enough for me)

Few years ago used Xposed last time, but yes, uninstall modules, reboot, uninstall Xposed, reboot

furomin

Jan 24, 2020
In Google Play, go to YT app, top-right, three-dots menu, Disable Auto-update (only for YT, not for all apps).
i thought this disables updates for all apps
There is a Magisk module to detach apps from Google Play (did not use)
did use tried everythin did not work its time based and complicated trust me i code for money its my job
and also an app (find info in XDA Vanced thread) to detach
never heard of that mind finding the link for me the vanced thread is huuuuuuuuuuuge
(did use, but found that just disabling auto-update for YT is enough for me)

Few years ago used Xposed last time, but yes, uninstall modules, reboot, uninstall Xposed, reboot
I know, (ed)xposed is snow from yesterday like wee say in germany, but sudohide is just awesome

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Use another device with Playstore to download them then use ApkExport to make an installable copy. Simple transfer that to the victim phone and load.

Who needs Playstore🤣

Edit: I have time now I can wait for someone to show up who has experience with rooted devices... Thank you all for your instant support and Im not even considering the time....

You're welcome. XDA is a friendly place.