Help needed! Rooted device can't install apps from play store nor even update!!! Me is desperatly looking for instant help

Search This thread

furomin

• Jan 24, 2020
    I tried nearly everything I could hours of hours of hours went into vanced root mode not syncing with playstore. Trust me when I say the only reliable solution besides desabling updates is sudohide. And the author of sudohide gave it up, so no cahnce on android 11 and it requires (ed)xposed. I dont give anything on safetynet but i have yet to check my current status. Anyway for google pay i have mi ticwatch 3 pro, non rooted of course....

Edit safetynet pass btw now even with magisk!!! Seems like im back up and running!!!

zgfg

• Oct 10, 2016
    tried that too it sjust temporary one reboot and the play detachment is gone
    That app definitely worked for me (A10 at that time), had YT and one more app detached for a month or two - but eventually wanted to see when there are new versions on Playstore and hence uninstalled TeMeFi

Anyway, there are some options (levels or so) for detaching, harder one was needed (I found details in its thread)

Reactions: furomin

furomin

• Jan 24, 2020
    That app definitely worked for me (A10 at that time), had YT and one more app detached for a month or two - but eventually wanted to see when there is a new version and hence uninstalled TeMeFi

Anyway, there are some options (levels or so) for detaching, harder obe was needed (I found details in its thread)
    I will try but honestly im a little scared ^^; u ca even use titanium backup for detaching but my last information was one reboot and you have to reinstall

furomin

• Jan 24, 2020
    That app definitely worked for me (A10 at that time), had YT and one more app detached for a month or two - but eventually wanted to see when there are new versions on Playstore and hence uninstalled TeMeFi

Anyway, there are some options (levels or so) for detaching, harder one was needed (I found details in its thread)
    I'm so sorry I must admit im acting like a noob. I cant find youtube app in temefy detach package...

zgfg

• Oct 10, 2016
    I will try but honestly im a little scared ^^; u ca even use titanium backup for detaching but my last information was one reboot and you have to reinstall
    Just ask in that thread how to detach YT (or search for, XDA app offers searching through the thread)

Btw, the author is very knowledgeable and active on XDA and the app is multipurpose but I didn't find a guide or so and didn't have time to read the whole thread, but got instructiions just for detaching from a post in the Vanced thread

Last edited:

furomin

• Jan 24, 2020
    Just ask in that thread how to detach YT (or search for, XDA app offers searchingthrough the thread)

Btw, the author is very knowledgeable and active on XDA and the app is multipurpose but I didn't find a guide or so and didn't have time to read the whole thread, but got instructiions just for detaching from a post in the Vanced thread
    I'm thankful mister zgfg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! U maybe safed my ass....

Reactions: zgfg

zgfg

• Oct 10, 2016
    Ok, good, you detached YT from Google Play but did you solve your original problem with YT (by Wiping Cache and Dalwik)

Maybe we can also solve your aversion towards A11🤓

Last edited:
    • Love

furomin

• Jan 24, 2020
    Ok, good, you detached YT from Google Play but did you solve your original problem with YT (by Wiping Cache and Dalwik)

Maybe we can also solve your aversion towards A11🤓
    My "aversion" towards android r should be history now (except the strange memory access rights problem android 11 has). But what are you talking about? I'm planning to buy a new smartphone, even switching brands... And I was once a xiaomi fanboy.... I'm thinking seriously about importing a Vivo IQOO 7

Edit: What do you mean about my problem with YT? Just to make things clear i shat my pants thinking about my phone dying on me....... And the fact im online now and even faster harder stronger than ever is filling me with joy!!!!!!!!! I'm grateful!

Last edited:

zgfg

• Oct 10, 2016
    MY aversion towards adnroid r schould be history now. But what are you talking about? I'm planning to buy a new smartphone, even switching brands... And I was once a xiaomi fanboy.... Im thinking seriously about importing a Vivo IQOO 7

Edit: What do you mean about my problem with YT? Just to make things clear i shat my pants thinking about my phone dying on me....... And the fact im online now and even faster harder stronger than ever is filling me with joy!!!!!!!!!
    Typo, thought about your originally reported problem with Google Play (couldn't install apps)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Use another device with Playstore to download them then use ApkExport to make an installable copy. Simple transfer that to the victim phone and load.

Who needs Playstore🤣
      Nor familiar with that device.
      Try clearing the system cache for starters.

You really don't want Playstore autodating.
      It will kill apps and cause of kinds of problems especially when it jams a bunch of updates down your throat.
      Keeping a copy of all your apps and system updates speeds reloads and means you always have a known good copy.
      I don't use Playstore after I do a factory reset as I already have the apps I need. Takes 20 minutes instead 2+ hours of goofing around on Playstore.
      Thank you, but what do you mean by cleaning the cache? Like in TWRP? I prefer SHRP but i know under the hood its just twrp doing itÄs magic. What do I need to clean exactly? Even dalvik? Thank you thousand times!!!

PS: Please excuse my noobishness...........
      I'm not rooted... it's not always desirable and is a gravity well for time.
      On the boot menu there should be an option to clear the system cache.
      Uncleared data there can cause erratic operation.
      I have no standard bootloader anymore

Edit: I have time now I can wait for someone to show up who has experience with rooted devices... Thank you all for your instant support and Im not even considering the time....
      I have no standard bootloader anymore

Edit: I have time now I can wait for someone to show up who has experience with rooted devices... Thank you all for your instant support and Im not even considering the time....
      You're welcome. XDA is a friendly place.
      Ok one by one... First of all thank you for your quick reply! I indeed have a Mi 9T, but not really a custom rom, Just a very spceial version from Xiaomi.eu, to make it perfectly clear I am running Android 10 MIUI12.3 version 20.12.9/10 according to xiaomi.eu website. As recovery Im running Sky Hawk Recovery Project 3.0 and the thing about no standard bootloader may be a misconception on my part. It's rooted with magisk canary latest version and I also needed edxposed to be installed. Sorry for being so unclear I sincerely apologize for that. Of course i formated data to get this setup running. I thought I'Äd know my stuff its a bit embarrasing for me to ask for help, but im very freustrated. Excuse me. The system was as far as I know runnning fine, sure i experience some lag here and there but the playstore thingy is getting over my head. also the playstore no longer autoupdates my apps, i must manually start the update process. Do you have any idea what i can do in this case? Wiping cache and dalvik maybe. I would be super gratefull for any kind of advice!!!!!!! Have a nice day and i will update the OP Post as soon as I can!!!!!!!!!! Promise!
      Ok, I'm on Xiaomi.eu, too, but weekly (hence the latest 21.4.28, Android 11 beta, MIUI 12.6 - believe me, it's good).
      With Magisk Canary, too, and I previously used SHRP but returned to TWRP (but that doesn't matter)

Xposed (not using) may cause you issues with SafetyNet and therefore with Playstore - you may try uninstalling

But yes, if you did Format Data (really Format, not Wipe), then first go again to TWRP/SHRP and Wipe Cache and Dalwik. Rebooting will take a time, be patient

If it won't help, uninstall Xposed and leave the clean Magisk

Also, I remember that there was a problem with Playstore not working - I think in some CN firmware and therefore also in some Xiaomi.eu version, but I don't remember details, hence don't know could it apply to you

Actually, reading your answer again, is your Xiaomi.eu 20.12.20 also their old Weekly (but four months old) or the so-called Stable?
      And is it really Android 10 (but with MIUI 12.3)?
      I don't recall now but I think that I switched from a Stable Xiaomi.eu (but from 20.11) to Weekly 20.12 at around that time, and that it was MIUI 12.3 but also already Android 11 (and I didn't have any problem with Playstore - actually never with my stock EEA MIUI 10-12, Stable Xiaomi.eu MIUI 12, Weeklies Xiaomi.eu MIUI 12.3-MIUI 12.6 - and I'm also always on the latest Magisk Canaries)