Help needed to make own app.

Search This thread

antwonpjmj

Feb 17, 2013
Blackburn
Hi guys.

Firstly, please move my post to the relevant section if it is in the wrong place. I'm not sure what part to post in.

OK, so I'm trying to do some research into making my own Routing application for android. I work for FedEx and currently pay silly amounts of money to be able to do my job efficiently. I want to learn how these Route apps (zeo, Circuit etc) work.

Here is a link to zeo, incase you want to see what I mean https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zeoauto.zeocircuit

I am looking to create my own, at first for personal use, then share with friends and family who use similar apps for similar work. If it's positive, I would publish to play store etc, but that will likely be a long way off anyway.

So my question is, where do I start? Iv tried researching already, but certain things I'm looking for and not sure of names etc. I wanna make a functional map, that you can add multiple stops to, and not be limited to 12, 15 or 20 stops per route. This application will be free for users who use it, as I understand the importance and frustrations of having to use such apps, but need to pay to do your job. It's scandalous.

Is there anyone that may be able to help me, or even work with me to build something. I would appreciate it greatly 🙏

Reactions: Kseniia_grvs

GalaxyA325G

May 11, 2021
Samsung Galaxy A32 5G
So my question is, where do I start?
I don't know if I can help, but I'll try by giving the most basic advice.

If you've never written an Android app, then I would wager a defensibly logical place to start for most people would be the Android Developer tutorials offered in the free Android Studio download.

Along the vein of research, some of which you've already done, is to look at how not only Google & Apple do multi-point routing, but how the very many similar rout planning apps do the multi-stop planning using the free OSM map underlying databases.

Offhand, some of the potentially similar multi-stop route planning apps for you to check out might be...
  • Circuit Router Planner, by Circuit Routing Limited
  • Multi-Stop Router Planner, by Deliver Route Optimization
  • Delivery Router Plan Multi-Stop, by Squareroute
  • Route4Me Route Planner, by Route2Me
  • Badger Map Route Planner, by Badger Maps
  • POGO Route Planner, by Pogo
  • My Route Directions Planner, by Soufiane Sakhi
  • PlaceMaker Route Planner by Resting Cranes
  • Sales Rep Route Planner by Impactit GMbH
  • TripIt Travel Planner, by Tripit
  • Map My Customers Route Planner, by Map My Customers
  • Upper Route Planner, by Upper Route Planner
  • RoadWarrier Route Planner by MapQuest
  • Route Planner GetWAy by Logi Way
  • Vision Route Planner by PopAppA
  • Logistia Route Planner by Fespore IT
  • Routingto Route Planner, by Routingo
  • Droppath Route Planner by Suzero
  • OtpimoRoute Drive by OptimoRoute
  • (the list just goes on and on and on and on)

Reactions: Kseniia_grvs

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys.

Firstly, please move my post to the relevant section if it is in the wrong place. I'm not sure what part to post in.

OK, so I'm trying to do some research into making my own Routing application for android. I work for FedEx and currently pay silly amounts of money to be able to do my job efficiently. I want to learn how these Route apps (zeo, Circuit etc) work.

Here is a link to zeo, incase you want to see what I mean https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zeoauto.zeocircuit

I am looking to create my own, at first for personal use, then share with friends and family who use similar apps for similar work. If it's positive, I would publish to play store etc, but that will likely be a long way off anyway.

So my question is, where do I start? Iv tried researching already, but certain things I'm looking for and not sure of names etc. I wanna make a functional map, that you can add multiple stops to, and not be limited to 12, 15 or 20 stops per route. This application will be free for users who use it, as I understand the importance and frustrations of having to use such apps, but need to pay to do your job. It's scandalous.

Is there anyone that may be able to help me, or even work with me to build something. I would appreciate it greatly 🙏
    So my question is, where do I start?
    I don't know if I can help, but I'll try by giving the most basic advice.

If you've never written an Android app, then I would wager a defensibly logical place to start for most people would be the Android Developer tutorials offered in the free Android Studio download.

Along the vein of research, some of which you've already done, is to look at how not only Google & Apple do multi-point routing, but how the very many similar rout planning apps do the multi-stop planning using the free OSM map underlying databases.

Offhand, some of the potentially similar multi-stop route planning apps for you to check out might be...
    • Circuit Router Planner, by Circuit Routing Limited
    • Multi-Stop Router Planner, by Deliver Route Optimization
    • Delivery Router Plan Multi-Stop, by Squareroute
    • Route4Me Route Planner, by Route2Me
    • Badger Map Route Planner, by Badger Maps
    • POGO Route Planner, by Pogo
    • My Route Directions Planner, by Soufiane Sakhi
    • PlaceMaker Route Planner by Resting Cranes
    • Sales Rep Route Planner by Impactit GMbH
    • TripIt Travel Planner, by Tripit
    • Map My Customers Route Planner, by Map My Customers
    • Upper Route Planner, by Upper Route Planner
    • RoadWarrier Route Planner by MapQuest
    • Route Planner GetWAy by Logi Way
    • Vision Route Planner by PopAppA
    • Logistia Route Planner by Fespore IT
    • Routingto Route Planner, by Routingo
    • Droppath Route Planner by Suzero
    • OtpimoRoute Drive by OptimoRoute
    • (the list just goes on and on and on and on)