help needed !!!!

Search This thread

JeromeSama

Feb 19, 2012
Johor bahru
Alright guys i did my homework and i just want to know whether is it safe to perform it ..

1st i back up my data on my andriod via gmail (contacts) ,apps /data ....SMS Backup and Restore, Call Logs Backup & Restore, and APN Backup & Restore. Each one backs up its respective data to your microSD card (in /sdcard/*appname*BackupRestore/) for easy restoration...before whipping out everything on my sd card and htc sense rom ...

Rooting the phone ......after that i'll flash a custom rom in it
backup all data from gmail/SMS Backup and Restore, Call Logs Backup & Restore, and APN Backup & Restore.

that should be all

is it correct or there is any alternative ?

I need suggestion from the android users

Cheers

Coempi

Nov 8, 2011
Alright guys i did my homework and i just want to know whether is it safe to perform it ..

1st i back up my data on my andriod via gmail (contacts) ,apps /data ....SMS Backup and Restore, Call Logs Backup & Restore, and APN Backup & Restore. Each one backs up its respective data to your microSD card (in /sdcard/*appname*BackupRestore/) for easy restoration...before whipping out everything on my sd card and htc sense rom ...

backup all data from gmail/SMS Backup and Restore, Call Logs Backup & Restore, and APN Backup & Restore.

that should be all

Cheers

After you have flashed a custom ROM, you have to reflash all apps you have used with your prevoius ROM, and then restore app data.
Or wasn't it you wanted to know?

Reactions: JeromeSama

stankyou

Dec 20, 2010
Huawei Nexus 6P
OnePlus 5T

Cheers

Read that statement again... you save your backup files to the sd card then wipe the sd card. So where's your backup now? To tell you honestly, you are doing it wrong.

Tell us what exactly are you going to do and in what state is your phone right now? Is it rooted, s-off, etc.

JeromeSama

Feb 19, 2012
Johor bahru
but why is reflash all apps with previous rom and restore app data ?

i don't quite get it
and im quite confused with the flashing rom and reflashing all apps with previous rom and restore app data ...

JeromeSama

Feb 19, 2012
Johor bahru
okay i'll take your advice :D

but this statement
"backup all data from gmail/SMS Backup and Restore, Call Logs Backup & Restore, and APN Backup & Restore."

doesn't it say im going to backup data from the previous data i had ?

okay im going to root my phone next month so im going to backup my data from my sd card and reformat it ..after doing that im going to root my phone 1st ...its not rooted ..is it a wise decision ?

status of phone ...
Andriod version (2.3.3)
htc sense version ( 2.1)
kernel version( 2.6.35.10-gd2564fb ..htc kernel@amd 18-2 #1)

Last edited:

stankyou

Dec 20, 2010
Huawei Nexus 6P
OnePlus 5T

stankyou

Dec 20, 2010
Huawei Nexus 6P
OnePlus 5T

JeromeSama

Feb 19, 2012
Johor bahru
Im really sorry ..
Im not really observant with this kind of things im sorry
i really mean it and i appreciate for helping me

please don't get mad senior user ...

Coempi

Nov 8, 2011
Im really sorry ..
Im not really observant with this kind of things im sorry
i really mean it and i appreciate for helping me

please don't get mad senior user ...

If first you decide what you want to do with your phone, understand what you need to do to get that, then read a lot to get all necessary info, you will be good to go. Just think first.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So... you don't need to backup your other apps?

that should be all

Cheers

After you have flashed a custom ROM, you have to reflash all apps you have used with your prevoius ROM, and then restore app data.
    Or wasn't it you wanted to know?
    Okay since you still have a month to prepare... check this thread. It's a bit out dated but this will get you up to speed on what you'll eventually do. At least better understand what rooting requires you to do.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1016084

Then also read this one.. you'll need this too.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1275632

Do your homework, it's incomplete :D
    This is the HTC desire forum. It is not 4g. Are you in the right forum? If not, we can guarantee nothing.....

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
    No it's not. There's a separate section for HTC Desire HD on XDA.