[HELP] New ZTE Nubia z7 MAX

Search This thread

oro.rosso

Jul 29, 2014
Z7 Max come with chinese restricted ROM -> there's no google play.
I tried to install last apk version (5.0.84) but it fails.
I need a cooked ROM or something that let me install google play.

oro.rosso

Jul 29, 2014
[SOLVED] nubia z7 max , google play, wi-fi problems

Solved!

1-use google chrome that translate chinese automatically
2-use this tutorial 2 root the phone and install a new recovery: w w w.netded.com/a/jingpinshouji/2014/0724/28821.html (i repeat , use chrome to translate)
3- boot in recovery (power button + vul up) and install gapps for andrid 4.2.2 w w w.teamandroid.com/gapps/
4-use this to translate the chines recovery mode: w w w.addictivetips.com/android/what-is-twrp-how-to-install-use-it-on-android-devices-guide/

Now you have google play working!

About Wifi problemes: i have a workaround -> do not use dhcp, put a static ip on phone or use a reserverd IP on dhcp server (unbelivable BUT IT WORKS!)

freejess

Jul 11, 2008
Hello there! I just got my Z7 max, not install the recovery and gapps, could I have a hand please.
For the root it's good ...
thank you

oro_rosso

Apr 20, 2007
Nope, it's next generation LTE only available in China

Does Z7 support LTE? Can you use LTE on your phone successfully? Thanks.

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

Just download .zip file from the URL into phone internal card, then boot in recovery mode and use first icon to select the .zip file
Hello there! I just got my Z7 max, not install the recovery and gapps, could I have a hand please.
For the root it's good ...
thank you

freejess

Jul 11, 2008
Hi! I am looking for an original rom, cyanogen or another with the French for the Z7 Max. And if possible a recovery in English. Does someone can help me please ... Thanks

There isn't rom on needrom...

Last edited:

nubiaz7max

Aug 23, 2014
Bro,pls helpme!

Z7 Max come with chinese restricted ROM -> there's no google play.
I tried to install last apk version (5.0.84) but it fails.
I need a cooked ROM or something that let me install google play.

As you now gladly own a Nubia Z7 Max model,I have still some doubt about uncleared specs of Nubia Z7 Max.So,bro pls kindly help me with it.Here are my questions which are as follows:

1)Does Nubia Z7 Max Supports MHL 3.0?

2)Whether the Nubia UI 2.0 in Z7 Max supports NTFS Format?

3)Whether Nubia Z7 Max supports SnapDragon's Fast Charge 2.0?

4)Whether 13MP Rear Camera of Z7 Max,has the capability to shoot videos @ [email protected]?

5)For how much period of time,will actually Nubia Z7 Max recieve OS Upgrade updates likewise Android L & so on?

I am thinking of buying Nubia Z7 Max.So,Pls bro try to answer these Questions,because no where I could find answers for my above asked questions.Thanks in Advance!:)

Iwantcomputer

Sep 3, 2012
GuangZhou, China
As you now gladly own a Nubia Z7 Max model,I have still some doubt about uncleared specs of Nubia Z7 Max.So,bro pls kindly help me with it.Here are my questions which are as follows:

1)Does Nubia Z7 Max Supports MHL 3.0?

2)Whether the Nubia UI 2.0 in Z7 Max supports NTFS Format?

3)Whether Nubia Z7 Max supports SnapDragon's Fast Charge 2.0?

4)Whether 13MP Rear Camera of Z7 Max,has the capability to shoot videos @ [email protected]?

5)For how much period of time,will actually Nubia Z7 Max recieve OS Upgrade updates likewise Android L & so on?

I am thinking of buying Nubia Z7 Max.So,Pls bro try to answer these Questions,because no where I could find answers for my above asked questions.Thanks in Advance!:)

I think Nubia officially mentioned none of the stuff you listed, 4K video maybe not supported , and according to last nubia phones, official OS upgrade is not so satisfying, but I guess it will at least receive android L .

nubiaz7max

Aug 23, 2014
Still Confused with specs of Nubia Z7 Max!

I think Nubia officially mentioned none of the stuff you listed, 4K video maybe not supported , and according to last nubia phones, official OS upgrade is not so satisfying, but I guess it will at least receive android L .

Bro,I have now checked the Official China's nubia website,Z7 Max supports shooting 4K Videos,but no mention of MHL 3.0 & not so sure of that,because many images tend to be in Chinese Language & Google can't translate those Chinese images.Also,the problem was when I myselfi saw in ebay listing of Nubia Z7 Max,they have mentioned that Nubia Z7 Max indeed supports MHL 3.0.I would have asked that Ebay reseller to confirm it but,he wantedly set his ebay Privacy on No Queries/Doubts mode.So,I couldn't ask that Ebay Reseller to confirm"what's actually,the Confirmed specs of Nubia Z7 Max are?"Even if don't get MHL 3.0,SnapDragon's SuperCharge2.0 & other features,but I want NTFS Support for Z7 Max likewise OPO,OPPO Find 7,Mi3 & Mi4.I am completely new to Android & so I don't have experience in Rooting/Flashing which I think that I will brick my first ever Android Device which most probably be Z7 Nubia Max.So,only those who personally own a Z7 Max can only actually confirm "what are the real specs of Z7 Max?":confused:

Iwantcomputer

Sep 3, 2012
GuangZhou, China
Bro,I have now checked the Official China's nubia website,Z7 Max supports shooting 4K Videos,but no mention of MHL 3.0 & not so sure of that,because many images tend to be in Chinese Language & Google can't translate those Chinese images.Also,the problem was when I myselfi saw in ebay listing of Nubia Z7 Max,they have mentioned that Nubia Z7 Max indeed supports MHL 3.0.I would have asked that Ebay reseller to confirm it but,he wantedly set his ebay Privacy on No Queries/Doubts mode.So,I couldn't ask that Ebay Reseller to confirm"what's actually,the Confirmed specs of Nubia Z7 Max are?"Even if don't get MHL 3.0,SnapDragon's SuperCharge2.0 & other features,but I want NTFS Support for Z7 Max likewise OPO,OPPO Find 7,Mi3 & Mi4.I am completely new to Android & so I don't have experience in Rooting/Flashing which I think that I will brick my first ever Android Device which most probably be Z7 Nubia Max.So,only those who personally own a Z7 Max can only actually confirm "what are the real specs of Z7 Max?":confused:

I checked the official website, didn't see the support of 4k shooting, and none of the feature you mentioned.

h.ttp://www.nubia.cn/product.php?sid=458#tab-content ,click on "产品参数".

btw, I think that nubia phones are only avaiable in China, where can you buy it ?

nubiaz7max

Aug 23, 2014
Z7 Max is a Perfect Future Phone!

I checked the official website, didn't see the support of 4k shooting, and none of the feature you mentioned.

btw, I think that nubia phones are only avaiable in China, where can you buy it ?

First of thanks for replying me,you will have to click 拍照(O Pictures) in that nubia chinese website & scroll down fully down in images you could see ISOi,HDR & 4K Support.

And ZTE CORPORATION has confirmed in their Official fb page that they are gonna release Nubia Z7 Max in India by around October.

Sry,I am blocked not to post outside links here as I am yet to post a total number of 10 Posts:eek::crying:

So,I am just waiting for ZTE's Official October Launch in India,that's why I need to clarify my entire doubts before their Official Launch in October.I am very impressed with Nubia Z7 Max's specs than OPO/Mi4 because it can very well act as a futuristic phone for me because my Indian Market only needs such a Dual Sim Phone with Expandable Memory Card Support up to 64GB & you will have to accept the fact that 2GB Ram in Z7 Max is more than enough to make it perform:D But,I need NTFS Support in Z7 Max than MHL 3.0/Fast Charge Support!:confused:

nesquix

Jun 28, 2009
Cannes
my experience with Z7 Max

Hi ! I'm looking for a multilingual rom with french, can you help me please?

Try this .needrom.com/download/nubia-z7-max-cm-11/ just add www on front. give to know how works and 4G works in europe? Im thinking about to buy this toy :)

hello ! i just received some days ago my Z7 Max from lenteen.fr, this phone is just ****ing awsome! without doing anything, my phone is stock rooted, with all gapps installed (full package) with a rom multilingual (the Nubia ROM, without any chinese bloat,

here you can find some screenshoot of the ROM : http://eoxus.free.fr/z7max/

by the way, in the network setting you can choose on what kind of network (HDD-LTE, FD-LTE, CDWMA, GSM...) you wanna work by order of preferance LTE/CDWMA/GSM by example.. i have the 4G everywhere ! this is possible with the Free Mobile network (HDD-LTE) .

On the "free config panel" by logging on the website interface the 4G is not activated because he say that my phone is not compatible with this kind of network (of course this is not true but Free Mobile don't recognize the phone as a 4G one)

i also was a iD to modify the build.prop with a editor to change the phone model and let the network believe that this is another phone, such as a Galaxy S5 who work without any mod on the network.

so here is my opinon on this phone who is really good, battery, camera, look, screen, sound.... i was with a Galasy S3 32G before.

if somebody want a dump of my rom, i can try to install a custom recovery and make a backup. i don"t want to change the rom now, this is just perfect ;):good:

some custom rom are already coming, custom cwm and TWRP recovery too, and for thoose who know how to use the search button you will find a post about the Z7 mini on Xda who give some good tips too.

btw i also confirm the MHL 3.0, 4K video and more and more....

bye bye everybody

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CM11 NX505J for Z7 Max WARNING

I've tested CM11 for ZTE Nubia Z7 MAX provided by chinese tdbeta forum. Filename is either one with md5sum d8b1adda6a6cb6054bae106fbd25fc0d:
    cm11 nx505j II Edition.zip or cm-11-20140901-lwang-nx505j.zip

There is unwanted system application included by author which is not part of CM.
    APK: system/app/Statics.apk . Presents itself as System Server 1.4.2, package name com.system.analytics.cpa

You can find a system process running from shell:
    Code:
    S   UID   PID  PPID   VSZ   RSS TTY   STIME TIME     CMD
    S 10057  2644   353  868m 36052 0:0   17:34 00:00:04 .abc

It's set to start on boot, trigger on each app install/deinstall, shutdown. Seems that it collects information about apps installed and reports this information to some remote web service together with imei, serial no and probably some additional private information.
    I did not do deep analysis but binary strings suggest that this is unwanted application, for example:
    sendtime=
    Lcom/system/analytics/cpa/b/b/b;
    http://622b6.romdu.com
    god28id732ea
    kay72no139tr
    ro.boot.serialno
    ro.serialno

I recommend disabling or removing this application (System Server 1.4.2) immediately if you're using CM11 NX505J build by lwang.

EDIT 10-09-2014:
    Same warning applies to MoKee build by lwang, filename MK44.4-nx505j-201408231810-lwang.zip with md5sum 4559e08b8874b7176036c9740f803eb5.
    I wrote a guide here if you need it
    h t t p : / / androidpit.com/forum/617128/nubia-z7-max-root-cwm-recovery-and-cm11-rom-tutorial
    New rom stock v3.22 nubia-z7-max-v3-22/ :good: :good:
    The 1.41 rom improved battery performance significantly, with light usage the phone lasts more than 4 days.

I get 2 full days with heavy usage, bright screen setting and everything turned on(wifi, bluetooth, 3g/4g). Really happy with the battery life on this phone.
    Short Review

Coming from Nokia 3210, Moto Razr V3x, Nokia E61, Samsung P780, HTC HD2, iPhone 4, Lenovo S890, Lenovo P780, Alcatel Idol X, LeMoto K910 and previously Huawei Honor 3C.

Got the ZTE Nubia Z7 Max unit from Lazada with RM150 discount at RM1,149. Playing for 24-hour already... It's rooted 4.4.2 KitKat under NX505J_CNCommon_V1.32 ROM. Here's my comments about this unit:

A = Android = NubiaUI 2.0 KitKat is acceptable. Lots of junk apps out of the box. After rooted, can be frozen/uninstalled.
    B = Body-Built = ZTE managed to make the plastic feel 'acceptable'. Buttons are nicely placed and decent feedback. Capacitive buttons with interchangable functions (menu vs back) are a welcome feature. Thickness and weight are comfortable. 3rd party casing and screen protectors is encouraged but I leave my unit naked.
    C = Call quality = Second place after my previous Moto RAZR V3x. You can get reception even inside elevator or basement one.
    D = Data = LTE modules for both micro-SIM 1 & 2 are the best out of all phones I've own. Previously the record was held by Huawei Honor 3C. Bluetooth is stable too.
    E = Email = Email client is flexible compared to other Android-based phones. It works as intended.
    F = Free-apps = None which is shame. I was hoping lifetime WhatsApp license just like the Alcatel Idol X.
    G = Games = As expected, heavy titles are not an issue with Snapdragon 801 and Andreno 330.
    H = Hangouts = Video call for Skype, Google Hangouts, Tango etc. is superb for 5MP front facing camera.
    I = Internet = AOSP browser is smooth. No checker-board effect on heavy websites.
    J = Juice = 3100mAh = "Decent". Claimed talk-time, stand-by time, etc. are achievable for dual-standby-micro-SIM LTE phone. Power consumption during idle state is 2% from 11pm to 5am. Daily usage can threaten my previous LeMoto P780.
    K = Kamasutra :p = Phone vibrates with notification/ringtone. Vibrating sensation is above average. Ladies may use it for other purpose(s)... LOL...
    L = Loudspeaker = The loudest out of all my previous models. DTS manipulation is pushing the loudspeaker further. But crack if treble is too high. Bass is above average.
    M = Music = Again the DTS technology does its magic. Headphone/earphone usage is encouraged.
    N = Navigation = Working as expected. Lock satellite within 10 seconds. Waze and Google Maps are working normally, even indoors.
    O = One-hand Operation = I have "big" hands and "long" fingers ;) No further comment.
    P = Picture = 13MP is exceptional packed with standard camera features/modes. Dept-of-Field feature withadjustable lighting condition is one of its kind.
    Q = Quirks = tap-hold to bring cut-copy-paste-select does not aligned properly and difficult to tap. But this can be improved in their next ROM release.
    R = Rooting = Super-duper-hyper EASYYYYYYYYY. TowelRoot is the one-click rooting tool. Mod ROM is also available but not purely ROW ROM.
    S = Sound = Earphone sound is OK. Speaker-phone is OK too but crack if too loud. The DTS manipulates the sound brilliantly.
    T = Texting = Stock android keyboard should be replaced with Google keyboard.
    U = User-Interface = smooth & flexible with various themes to choose. Thanks to the 2GB RAM.
    V = Video = Capturing 1080P video is acceptable. 4K is limited to 4 minutes due to overheating. Auto-focus is acceptable.
    W = WiFi = The best out of all smartphones that I have own. Previously was Huawei Honor 3C. Others only manage to get 1-2 bars in my basement floor test. But z7 Max captures 5 full bars without fail. Honor 3C gets 4 bars.
    X = X-factors = For dual-micro-SIM LTE phone with 2GB RAM supported by 32GB onboard storage is worth every penny. Strong voice/data/Wi-Fi reception is a desperate move for those who live in the outskirts or camping sites. Gamers will like this unit too.
    Y = YouTube = The 5.5" IPS screen accompanied by excellent LTE connection is surely an enjoyable experience.
    Z = Zero-figure. Imported from People Republic of China (PRC) unit at Malaysia Ringgit RM1,149-point-zero-zero is a smart investment with high internal specs.

CONCLUSION : Buy it if you are looking for high-spec phone having dual-micro-SIM LTE support. Gonna clinging to this unit until Huawei Ascent Mate 7 or LeMoto Vibe Z2 pro dual-SIM is available in local market.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone