[HELP] New ZTE Nubia z7 MAX

Search This thread

ferbulous

May 12, 2012
LOL, ok you can try and flash CWM via USB Debugging

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

Well I can confirm that Xposed framework doesnt and will never work on Nubia roms since they mess with the subclass system and you are warned right away when you install xposed. It doesnt cause bootloop, however it just doesnt work on nubia roms. Instead it does work on cyanogenmod, but i wont be getting that in a while.

Try grabbing xposed framework from this link instead

bbs.nubia.cn/thread-148915-1-1.html

Apparently some of the guys at nubia forum managed to port a working 2.6 stable version for nubia rom
These are some of the tweaks that's working on v1.41

Also, can anyone provide the list of apps that can be removed/frozen from the stock nubia rom?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-10-18-10-53-19.png
    Screenshot_2014-10-18-10-53-19.png
    195.5 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:
Reactions: pilililo2

notoriusss

Dec 26, 2010
Also, can anyone provide the list of apps that can be removed/frozen from the stock nubia rom?
I unistalled without problems neoshare, media, powersaver, news and meteo, notepad. I unistalled also some google system apps. I will try to unistall search, handbook, easymode, nubia calendar.
Any idea about to use the stock android contacts app (it seems to be installed) instead of nubia contacts app?

Reactions: pilililo2

mehfil

Aug 21, 2007
How to know which Root is been used & how to unroot

Dear All,

I just received my Z7 Max, its already rooted with with 1.38 version.
If I understood correctly in order to install 1.41 update. I have to first unroot.
use 724 MB Zip file from Nubai site and install via SD card.
I dont know which method of root is been used , could any of you please help to find out which root method is been used and how to unroot.
I dont see any superuser app installed.

Thanks v much in advacne.

pilililo2

Jan 27, 2012
Santiago de Compostela

Apparently some of the guys at nubia forum managed to port a working 2.6 stable version for nubia rom

Niiiice. Do you know if they will update the modded xposed version or if @rovo89 will update next xposed version to work with nubia roms?

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 PM ----------

Dear All,

I just received my Z7 Max, its already rooted with with 1.38 version.
If I understood correctly in order to install 1.41 update. I have to first unroot.
use 724 MB Zip file from Nubai site and install via SD card.
I dont know which method of root is been used , could any of you please help to find out which root method is been used and how to unroot.
I dont see any superuser app installed.

Thanks v much in advacne.

Couls you post a snapshot of how your root prompt looks like?

pilililo2

Jan 27, 2012
Santiago de Compostela

How come your Nubia Xposed is different than mine? And you have tinted statusbar working? When I try to activate tinted statusbar it says that xposed needs to update.

luca22

Sep 12, 2014
London
nubia software

Hi,

After several days using my z7 max, i need help regarding the apps provided by Nubia.

Has anyone tried any of the apps?

I am interested int he following:
-nubia cloud (all is in chinese and it is a pitty not to be able to use it!
-handbook
-neoshare

---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 PM ----------

Hi,
After several days using my z7 max, i need help regarding the apps provided by Nubia. Has anyone tried any of the apps? ....
-nubia cloud (all is in chinese and it is a pitty not to be able to use it!)
-backup (should use nubia cloud)
-bluetooth companion
-bluetooth finder
-media share
-handbook
-neoshare
-powersaver
-niudun
Rgds.

rainbow99

May 30, 2009
Hi all. How do you guys get around the limitation of 2.50gb for applications. I don't have enough space for applications. Thanks.

Sent from my NX505J using XDA Free mobile app

dazza888

Aug 25, 2014
Noosa
LTE

Does Z7 support LTE? Can you use LTE on your phone successfully? Thanks.
The max is supposed to support LTE on both sims from what I have read. I just ordered one today. Can't wait to get it!!!

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

How do we start a thread for this device please?

mehfil

Aug 21, 2007
Thanks for reply.

Niiiice. Do you know if they will update the modded xposed version or if @rovo89 will update next xposed version to work with nubia roms?

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 PM ----------

Couls you post a snapshot of how your root prompt looks like?

I manage to install 1.41 update and every thing working apart form GAPPS.
Rooted with Towel root now.
Is their any i can install GAPPS without costume recover.

Thanks

pilililo2

Jan 27, 2012
Santiago de Compostela
To install without CWM you can use GMS Tools or just put the apks in the system folder ans give them the apropiate permissions.

Yws, we should ask for a device thread. But I dont think theyll give us one since its chinese and not for sale in US or EU.

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

The max is supposed to support LTE on both sims from what I have read. I just ordered one today. Can't wait to get it!!!

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

How do we start a thread for this device please?

Yes it supports 4G on both sims but not at the same time. Only one can be 4G\3G and the other one 2G.

We should ask for a device thread yes, but I doubt we will get it.

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

Well as you guys asked Ive officially requested device threads so I need you to go to my post and thank it and quote it saying +1.
That way we will get more attention and maybe a device thread!!

Here is the link
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=56128531&postcount=16007

ferbulous

May 12, 2012
But @ferbulous xposed snapshot that he posted looks like the new xposed app. The one I downloaded from the link on the nubia forums is pretty old. I dont think i can just update. Where can i get a newer xposed that works?

Sorry, I posted the old version
Here's the link for the stable 2.6

bbs.nubia.cn/thread-187165-1-1.html

Few examples of how Tintedstatusbar works on a few apps on nubia

Attachments

• IMG_201410195747.jpg
    IMG_201410195747.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_2014101924407.jpg
    IMG_2014101924407.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_2014101920227.jpg
    IMG_2014101920227.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 77

ferbulous

May 12, 2012
Hi all. How do you guys get around the limitation of 2.50gb for applications. I don't have enough space for applications. Thanks.

Sent from my NX505J using XDA Free mobile app

You can try link2sd, first you'll need to partition a few gigs on your SD card to ext4/whichever you prefer. You can use aparted for this. .

---------- Post added at 05:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

I unistalled without problems neoshare, media, powersaver, news and meteo, notepad. I unistalled also some google system apps. I will try to unistall search, handbook, easymode, nubia calendar.
Any idea about to use the stock android contacts app (it seems to be installed) instead of nubia contacts app?

Thanks for the list so far, is it OK to remove powersaver? I mean does it really help reducing battery drain?
What are the some of the google apps you've removed?
How's your standby time/battery drain after removing those apps(with/without double tap to wake feature enabled)?
I haven't figured out about replacing the nubia contacts with stock android contact since I'm actually quite ok using the default one.

dazza888

Aug 25, 2014
Noosa
CM 11 and recovery tutorial

I found this and thought it might be useful to you guys. It has download links to all the files needed.
http://www.androidpit.com/forum/617128/nx505j-nubia-z7-max-root-cwm-recovery-and-cm11-rom-tutorial

---------- Post added at 07:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 AM ----------

If someone who knows alot more than me could check out this page, translate to english, and see if they can find anything good it would be much appreciated.
http://bbs.ydss.cn/forum.php?mod=forumdisplay&fid=637&filter=author&orderby=dateline&typeid=2649

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CM11 NX505J for Z7 Max WARNING

I've tested CM11 for ZTE Nubia Z7 MAX provided by chinese tdbeta forum. Filename is either one with md5sum d8b1adda6a6cb6054bae106fbd25fc0d:
    cm11 nx505j II Edition.zip or cm-11-20140901-lwang-nx505j.zip

There is unwanted system application included by author which is not part of CM.
    APK: system/app/Statics.apk . Presents itself as System Server 1.4.2, package name com.system.analytics.cpa

You can find a system process running from shell:
    Code:
    S   UID   PID  PPID   VSZ   RSS TTY   STIME TIME     CMD
    S 10057  2644   353  868m 36052 0:0   17:34 00:00:04 .abc

It's set to start on boot, trigger on each app install/deinstall, shutdown. Seems that it collects information about apps installed and reports this information to some remote web service together with imei, serial no and probably some additional private information.
    I did not do deep analysis but binary strings suggest that this is unwanted application, for example:
    sendtime=
    Lcom/system/analytics/cpa/b/b/b;
    http://622b6.romdu.com
    god28id732ea
    kay72no139tr
    ro.boot.serialno
    ro.serialno

I recommend disabling or removing this application (System Server 1.4.2) immediately if you're using CM11 NX505J build by lwang.

EDIT 10-09-2014:
    Same warning applies to MoKee build by lwang, filename MK44.4-nx505j-201408231810-lwang.zip with md5sum 4559e08b8874b7176036c9740f803eb5.
    I wrote a guide here if you need it
    h t t p : / / androidpit.com/forum/617128/nubia-z7-max-root-cwm-recovery-and-cm11-rom-tutorial
    New rom stock v3.22 nubia-z7-max-v3-22/ :good: :good:
    The 1.41 rom improved battery performance significantly, with light usage the phone lasts more than 4 days.

I get 2 full days with heavy usage, bright screen setting and everything turned on(wifi, bluetooth, 3g/4g). Really happy with the battery life on this phone.
    Short Review

Coming from Nokia 3210, Moto Razr V3x, Nokia E61, Samsung P780, HTC HD2, iPhone 4, Lenovo S890, Lenovo P780, Alcatel Idol X, LeMoto K910 and previously Huawei Honor 3C.

Got the ZTE Nubia Z7 Max unit from Lazada with RM150 discount at RM1,149. Playing for 24-hour already... It's rooted 4.4.2 KitKat under NX505J_CNCommon_V1.32 ROM. Here's my comments about this unit:

A = Android = NubiaUI 2.0 KitKat is acceptable. Lots of junk apps out of the box. After rooted, can be frozen/uninstalled.
    B = Body-Built = ZTE managed to make the plastic feel 'acceptable'. Buttons are nicely placed and decent feedback. Capacitive buttons with interchangable functions (menu vs back) are a welcome feature. Thickness and weight are comfortable. 3rd party casing and screen protectors is encouraged but I leave my unit naked.
    C = Call quality = Second place after my previous Moto RAZR V3x. You can get reception even inside elevator or basement one.
    D = Data = LTE modules for both micro-SIM 1 & 2 are the best out of all phones I've own. Previously the record was held by Huawei Honor 3C. Bluetooth is stable too.
    E = Email = Email client is flexible compared to other Android-based phones. It works as intended.
    F = Free-apps = None which is shame. I was hoping lifetime WhatsApp license just like the Alcatel Idol X.
    G = Games = As expected, heavy titles are not an issue with Snapdragon 801 and Andreno 330.
    H = Hangouts = Video call for Skype, Google Hangouts, Tango etc. is superb for 5MP front facing camera.
    I = Internet = AOSP browser is smooth. No checker-board effect on heavy websites.
    J = Juice = 3100mAh = "Decent". Claimed talk-time, stand-by time, etc. are achievable for dual-standby-micro-SIM LTE phone. Power consumption during idle state is 2% from 11pm to 5am. Daily usage can threaten my previous LeMoto P780.
    K = Kamasutra :p = Phone vibrates with notification/ringtone. Vibrating sensation is above average. Ladies may use it for other purpose(s)... LOL...
    L = Loudspeaker = The loudest out of all my previous models. DTS manipulation is pushing the loudspeaker further. But crack if treble is too high. Bass is above average.
    M = Music = Again the DTS technology does its magic. Headphone/earphone usage is encouraged.
    N = Navigation = Working as expected. Lock satellite within 10 seconds. Waze and Google Maps are working normally, even indoors.
    O = One-hand Operation = I have "big" hands and "long" fingers ;) No further comment.
    P = Picture = 13MP is exceptional packed with standard camera features/modes. Dept-of-Field feature withadjustable lighting condition is one of its kind.
    Q = Quirks = tap-hold to bring cut-copy-paste-select does not aligned properly and difficult to tap. But this can be improved in their next ROM release.
    R = Rooting = Super-duper-hyper EASYYYYYYYYY. TowelRoot is the one-click rooting tool. Mod ROM is also available but not purely ROW ROM.
    S = Sound = Earphone sound is OK. Speaker-phone is OK too but crack if too loud. The DTS manipulates the sound brilliantly.
    T = Texting = Stock android keyboard should be replaced with Google keyboard.
    U = User-Interface = smooth & flexible with various themes to choose. Thanks to the 2GB RAM.
    V = Video = Capturing 1080P video is acceptable. 4K is limited to 4 minutes due to overheating. Auto-focus is acceptable.
    W = WiFi = The best out of all smartphones that I have own. Previously was Huawei Honor 3C. Others only manage to get 1-2 bars in my basement floor test. But z7 Max captures 5 full bars without fail. Honor 3C gets 4 bars.
    X = X-factors = For dual-micro-SIM LTE phone with 2GB RAM supported by 32GB onboard storage is worth every penny. Strong voice/data/Wi-Fi reception is a desperate move for those who live in the outskirts or camping sites. Gamers will like this unit too.
    Y = YouTube = The 5.5" IPS screen accompanied by excellent LTE connection is surely an enjoyable experience.
    Z = Zero-figure. Imported from People Republic of China (PRC) unit at Malaysia Ringgit RM1,149-point-zero-zero is a smart investment with high internal specs.

CONCLUSION : Buy it if you are looking for high-spec phone having dual-micro-SIM LTE support. Gonna clinging to this unit until Huawei Ascent Mate 7 or LeMoto Vibe Z2 pro dual-SIM is available in local market.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone