[HELP] New ZTE Nubia z7 MAX

Search This thread

GiantNutz

Aug 29, 2014
Can anyone please upload the files somewhere else?

The links from the source are broken and I can't download the app to root and supersu's apk.
I also need info and download for the custom recovery and GAPPS.

nesquix

Jun 28, 2009
Cannes
hey hey everybody...

you can root this phone using towelroot3.apk by geohot, : https://towelroot.com/

after your phone is rooted , just install flashifly on the play store/aptoide to flash another recovery by loading the recovery.img that you can find here :

http://d-h.st/mwc

then you can make a full backup of your rom and begin to play with your rom..

tips : xposed is not working with the nubia ui, the TWRP recovery for Z7 is buggy, i don"t recommand it, and if you are OK with english here is the best actually rom for t his phone : http://d-h.st/W4T , but only in English, Chinese and Italian (the bootanimation is really bad, but for the rest you will be happy :) !!, btw the Root app is called "King", and this is not working properly. i recommand to install SuperSU on the market, and after you can remove "King".

Reactions: pnin

66aaaa

Oct 3, 2010
Save multilanguage ROM and make a link for download

hello ! i just received some days ago my Z7 Max from lenteen.fr, this phone is just ****ing awsome! without doing anything, my phone is stock rooted, with all gapps installed (full package) with a rom multilingual (the Nubia ROM, without any chinese bloat,

here you can find some screenshoot of the ROM : http://eoxus.free.fr/z7max/

by the way, in the network setting you can choose on what kind of network (HDD-LTE, FD-LTE, CDWMA, GSM...) you wanna work by order of preferance LTE/CDWMA/GSM by example.. i have the 4G everywhere ! this is possible with the Free Mobile network (HDD-LTE) .

On the "free config panel" by logging on the website interface the 4G is not activated because he say that my phone is not compatible with this kind of network (of course this is not true but Free Mobile don't recognize the phone as a 4G one)

i also was a iD to modify the build.prop with a editor to change the phone model and let the network believe that this is another phone, such as a Galaxy S5 who work without any mod on the network.

so here is my opinon on this phone who is really good, battery, camera, look, screen, sound.... i was with a Galasy S3 32G before.

if somebody want a dump of my rom, i can try to install a custom recovery and make a backup. i don"t want to change the rom now, this is just perfect ;):good:

some custom rom are already coming, custom cwm and TWRP recovery too, and for thoose who know how to use the search button you will find a post about the Z7 mini on Xda who give some good tips too.

btw i also confirm the MHL 3.0, 4K video and more and more....

bye bye everybody

Hi, Could you please save for us the multilanguage ROM and share a link where to download?
Big thx for it!

PizzaDeliveryGuy

Aug 31, 2014
softbricked on arrrival?

Hello,

I received a Nubia Z7 Max from 1949deal. (the name of the shop is mentioned as a warning)
I think i've to conclude that they soft bricked my device before sending it out.

1. I've tried to towelroot & superSu & flashify to root and flash CWM.

Towelroot boots my device like mentioned in the app after "make it rain". SuperSu failes to install the update and advises to reboot and try again...over and over again. Flashify says that i'm rooted but didn't get permission, i should check SuperSu.
Some browsing around on the devices learned me that there is a Chinese application present wich is called "ROOT followed by some chinese characters" and an anchor as icon. (This application has also stopped working at every boot) . So i think the webshop people rooted the device poorely.
I failed to get around this and the only option seems to flash another ROM through ADB - fastboot.

2. Fastboot seems corrupt or absent out of the box

- i used the method described here: w w w.netded.com/a/jingpinshouji/2014/0724/28821.html (and also mentioned in this thread) This failed (i don't speak chinese so don't know what it said, cmd turned yellow and red)
- booting into fastboot with volume down+ power or from the menu option on the device makes the device boot into a black screen.
- i also tried to flash with adb (using Eclips ADT bundle: h t t ps://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html?hl=sk#download )
Command "fastboot devices" returned nothing while "adb devices" returns "NX505J device".
The command "adb reboot bootloader" makes me boot into the black screen again.
Flashing with "fastboot flash recovery <enter file name>.IMG" returns "waiting for device" for ages, nothing happens.
(more info info about this way of flashing a recovery: w w w.phonearena.com/news/How-to-boot-into-custom- recovery-like-CWM-or-TWRP-on-Android_id54490)

So i'm kind of stuck in here. Does anybody have an idea on how to fix fastboot/bootloader or maybe knows how to fix root?
Maybe another option is flashing an official ROM through stock recovery or an Odin/rkbatchtool-like-tool ?
(Are there official roms provided by ZTE and/or flash tools ?)
Informational: I can boot into android and stock recovery.

Please advise, i'm getting desperade. :(

Last edited:

lazsosz

Jan 1, 2009
Hello,

I received a Nubia Z7 Max from 1949deal. (the name of the shop is mentioned as a warning)
I think i've to conclude that they soft bricked my device before sending it out.

1. I've tried to towelroot & superSu & flashify to root and flash CWM.

Towelroot boots my device like mentioned in the app after "make it rain". SuperSu failes to install the update and advises to reboot and try again...over and over again. Flashify says that i'm rooted but didn't get permission, i should check SuperSu.
Some browsing around on the devices learned me that there is a Chinese application present wich is called "ROOT followed by some chinese characters" and an anchor as icon. (This application has also stopped working at every boot) . So i think the webshop people rooted the device poorely.
I failed to get around this and the only option seems to flash another ROM through ADB - fastboot.

2. Fastboot seems corrupt or absent out of the box

- i used the method described here: w w w.netded.com/a/jingpinshouji/2014/0724/28821.html (and also mentioned in this thread) This failed (i don't speak chinese so don't know what it said, cmd turned yellow and red)
- booting into fastboot with volume down+ power or from the menu option on the device makes the device boot into a black screen.
- i also tried to flash with adb (using Eclips ADT bundle: h t t ps://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html?hl=sk#download )
Command "fastboot devices" returned nothing while "adb devices" returns "NX505J device".
The command "adb reboot bootloader" makes me boot into the black screen again.
Flashing with "fastboot flash recovery <enter file name>.IMG" returns "waiting for device" for ages, nothing happens.
(more info info about this way of flashing a recovery: w w w.phonearena.com/news/How-to-boot-into-custom- recovery-like-CWM-or-TWRP-on-Android_id54490)

So i'm kind of stuck in here. Does anybody have an idea on how to fix fastboot/bootloader or maybe knows how to fix root?
Maybe another option is flashing an official ROM through stock recovery or an Odin/rkbatchtool-like-tool ?
(Are there official roms provided by ZTE and/or flash tools ?)
Informational: I can boot into android and stock recovery.

Please advise, i'm getting desperade. :(

Did you switch on debugging mode before CWM? If not, you have to follow this steps.

First of all do a factory reset! Tick everything!

First download Nubia Z7 drivers to your PC. Connect your phone, wait the end of setting up. The set up procedure worgked for me without drivers, because my mobile get drivers inside...

So copy that two root apks to your mobile, run Towel root, wait until reboot. Then run super su apk. If asks what mode, use normal. Reboot. Check super su! Do you have root, if yes OK, if not do it again. Do not step forward without root.

Then use Z7_max_r_e_c_0801.rar. Unrar it! Go to Settings - About phone and tap 4-6 times (I do not remember) to "Build-number" After that you will become developer! Go to the last item in Settings, to "More..." Go into "developer option" Find USB debugging and switch on!

After that connect your phone to PC start Nubia-z7-Max-Tools-0801.exe and follow the steps (Push ENTERS )

At the en of the process, your phone reboot. Copy the latest gapps 4.4.2 from www.teamandroid.com/gapps/ to the root of your phone. Swith off your phone. Wair until it vibrate. Vol up + Power button for ~5 secs, then you are in CWM, if you do everything well. It is chinese, but do not worry!

The first line is reboot. You need the second one. Push Vol down once then Power. Push Power again, find gapps zip with Vol buttons, then push Power. Wait the end of process, go to the last line push Power, then Power on the first line to reboot.

That is it! You have GOOGLE!

After it in fastboot mode you can use international rom from my former post. In fastboot mode you have black screen! Do not worry it is in fastboot mode after one vibration!

Good luck!

Lazsosz

Last edited:
Reactions: PizzaDeliveryGuy

PizzaDeliveryGuy

Aug 31, 2014
Did you switch on debugging mode before CWM? If not, you have to follow this steps.

First of all do a factory reset! Tick everything!

First download Nubia Z7 drivers to your PC. Connect your phone, wait the end of setting up. The set up procedure worgked for me without drivers, because my mobile get drivers inside...

So copy that two root apks to your mobile, run Towel root, wait until reboot. Then run super su apk. If asks what mode, use normal. Reboot. Check super su! Do you have root, if yes OK, if not do it again. Do not step forward without root.

Then use Z7_max_r_e_c_0801.rar. Unrar it! Go to Settings - About phone and tap 4-6 times (I do not remember) to "Build-number" After that you will become developer! Go to the last item in Settings, to "More..." Go into "developer option" Find USB debugging and switch on!

After that connect your phone to PC start Nubia-z7-Max-Tools-0801.exe and follow the steps (Push ENTERS )

At the en of the process, your phone reboot. Copy the latest gapps 4.4.2 from ww w.teamandroid.com/gapps/ to the root of your phone. Swith off your phone. Wair until it vibrate. Vol up + Power button for ~5 secs, then you are in CWM, if you do everything well. It is chinese, but do not worry!

The first line is reboot. You need the second one. Push Vol down once then Power. Push Power again, find gapps zip with Vol buttons, then push Power. Wait the end of process, go to the last line push Power, then Power on the first line to reboot.

That is it! You have GOOGLE!

After it in fastboot mode you can use international rom from my former post. In fastboot mode you have black screen! Do not worry it is in fastboot mode after one vibration!

Good luck!

Lazsosz

I managed to flash a Chinese Recovery using "Nubia-z7-Max-Tools-0801.exe".
Thank you!

lazsosz

Jan 1, 2009
how can instal this rom?

Switch off your mobile, wait until vibration. Push Vol down + Power, wait until vibration. Push to PC, run Nubia_Z7_Max_Multi\Tź¬¸Tó¬˙NX505J.bat

Wait until reboot! That is it!

DO NOT USE Sergey Shikharev ADVISED WAY!!!!

worldxbuy

Sep 3, 2014
Switch off your mobile, wait until vibration. Push Vol down + Power, wait until vibration. Push to PC, run Nubia_Z7_Max_Multi\Tź¬¸Tó¬˙NX505J.bat

Wait until reboot! That is it!

DO NOT USE Sergey Shikharev ADVISED WAY!!!!

If I installed this rom, is the OTA update still available?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CM11 NX505J for Z7 Max WARNING

I've tested CM11 for ZTE Nubia Z7 MAX provided by chinese tdbeta forum. Filename is either one with md5sum d8b1adda6a6cb6054bae106fbd25fc0d:
    cm11 nx505j II Edition.zip or cm-11-20140901-lwang-nx505j.zip

There is unwanted system application included by author which is not part of CM.
    APK: system/app/Statics.apk . Presents itself as System Server 1.4.2, package name com.system.analytics.cpa

You can find a system process running from shell:
    Code:
    S   UID   PID  PPID   VSZ   RSS TTY   STIME TIME     CMD
    S 10057  2644   353  868m 36052 0:0   17:34 00:00:04 .abc

It's set to start on boot, trigger on each app install/deinstall, shutdown. Seems that it collects information about apps installed and reports this information to some remote web service together with imei, serial no and probably some additional private information.
    I did not do deep analysis but binary strings suggest that this is unwanted application, for example:
    sendtime=
    Lcom/system/analytics/cpa/b/b/b;
    http://622b6.romdu.com
    god28id732ea
    kay72no139tr
    ro.boot.serialno
    ro.serialno

I recommend disabling or removing this application (System Server 1.4.2) immediately if you're using CM11 NX505J build by lwang.

EDIT 10-09-2014:
    Same warning applies to MoKee build by lwang, filename MK44.4-nx505j-201408231810-lwang.zip with md5sum 4559e08b8874b7176036c9740f803eb5.
    I wrote a guide here if you need it
    h t t p : / / androidpit.com/forum/617128/nubia-z7-max-root-cwm-recovery-and-cm11-rom-tutorial
    New rom stock v3.22 nubia-z7-max-v3-22/ :good: :good:
    The 1.41 rom improved battery performance significantly, with light usage the phone lasts more than 4 days.

I get 2 full days with heavy usage, bright screen setting and everything turned on(wifi, bluetooth, 3g/4g). Really happy with the battery life on this phone.
    Short Review

Coming from Nokia 3210, Moto Razr V3x, Nokia E61, Samsung P780, HTC HD2, iPhone 4, Lenovo S890, Lenovo P780, Alcatel Idol X, LeMoto K910 and previously Huawei Honor 3C.

Got the ZTE Nubia Z7 Max unit from Lazada with RM150 discount at RM1,149. Playing for 24-hour already... It's rooted 4.4.2 KitKat under NX505J_CNCommon_V1.32 ROM. Here's my comments about this unit:

A = Android = NubiaUI 2.0 KitKat is acceptable. Lots of junk apps out of the box. After rooted, can be frozen/uninstalled.
    B = Body-Built = ZTE managed to make the plastic feel 'acceptable'. Buttons are nicely placed and decent feedback. Capacitive buttons with interchangable functions (menu vs back) are a welcome feature. Thickness and weight are comfortable. 3rd party casing and screen protectors is encouraged but I leave my unit naked.
    C = Call quality = Second place after my previous Moto RAZR V3x. You can get reception even inside elevator or basement one.
    D = Data = LTE modules for both micro-SIM 1 & 2 are the best out of all phones I've own. Previously the record was held by Huawei Honor 3C. Bluetooth is stable too.
    E = Email = Email client is flexible compared to other Android-based phones. It works as intended.
    F = Free-apps = None which is shame. I was hoping lifetime WhatsApp license just like the Alcatel Idol X.
    G = Games = As expected, heavy titles are not an issue with Snapdragon 801 and Andreno 330.
    H = Hangouts = Video call for Skype, Google Hangouts, Tango etc. is superb for 5MP front facing camera.
    I = Internet = AOSP browser is smooth. No checker-board effect on heavy websites.
    J = Juice = 3100mAh = "Decent". Claimed talk-time, stand-by time, etc. are achievable for dual-standby-micro-SIM LTE phone. Power consumption during idle state is 2% from 11pm to 5am. Daily usage can threaten my previous LeMoto P780.
    K = Kamasutra :p = Phone vibrates with notification/ringtone. Vibrating sensation is above average. Ladies may use it for other purpose(s)... LOL...
    L = Loudspeaker = The loudest out of all my previous models. DTS manipulation is pushing the loudspeaker further. But crack if treble is too high. Bass is above average.
    M = Music = Again the DTS technology does its magic. Headphone/earphone usage is encouraged.
    N = Navigation = Working as expected. Lock satellite within 10 seconds. Waze and Google Maps are working normally, even indoors.
    O = One-hand Operation = I have "big" hands and "long" fingers ;) No further comment.
    P = Picture = 13MP is exceptional packed with standard camera features/modes. Dept-of-Field feature withadjustable lighting condition is one of its kind.
    Q = Quirks = tap-hold to bring cut-copy-paste-select does not aligned properly and difficult to tap. But this can be improved in their next ROM release.
    R = Rooting = Super-duper-hyper EASYYYYYYYYY. TowelRoot is the one-click rooting tool. Mod ROM is also available but not purely ROW ROM.
    S = Sound = Earphone sound is OK. Speaker-phone is OK too but crack if too loud. The DTS manipulates the sound brilliantly.
    T = Texting = Stock android keyboard should be replaced with Google keyboard.
    U = User-Interface = smooth & flexible with various themes to choose. Thanks to the 2GB RAM.
    V = Video = Capturing 1080P video is acceptable. 4K is limited to 4 minutes due to overheating. Auto-focus is acceptable.
    W = WiFi = The best out of all smartphones that I have own. Previously was Huawei Honor 3C. Others only manage to get 1-2 bars in my basement floor test. But z7 Max captures 5 full bars without fail. Honor 3C gets 4 bars.
    X = X-factors = For dual-micro-SIM LTE phone with 2GB RAM supported by 32GB onboard storage is worth every penny. Strong voice/data/Wi-Fi reception is a desperate move for those who live in the outskirts or camping sites. Gamers will like this unit too.
    Y = YouTube = The 5.5" IPS screen accompanied by excellent LTE connection is surely an enjoyable experience.
    Z = Zero-figure. Imported from People Republic of China (PRC) unit at Malaysia Ringgit RM1,149-point-zero-zero is a smart investment with high internal specs.

CONCLUSION : Buy it if you are looking for high-spec phone having dual-micro-SIM LTE support. Gonna clinging to this unit until Huawei Ascent Mate 7 or LeMoto Vibe Z2 pro dual-SIM is available in local market.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone