[HELP] New ZTE Nubia z7 MAX

Search This thread

matixon1990

Sep 3, 2014
During the tuto "How to flash CWM recovery", you talk about a ".bat" file. I don't found it.
Can U help me ?

Philippe

I have also a problem with .bat file, in cwm nx505j from https: / / onedrive.live.com/?cid=ebdf4095e8cfe783&id=EBDF4095E8CFE783!114 there is only one .bat file named ÁŃ+ĎTóLŰrecovery and doesn't work well...

lazsosz

Jan 1, 2009
Thanks~~

Is this rom official or unofficial? and is it based on v1.38?

Thanks again^^

It unofficial, because it is inland Chinese mobil (I hope temporarily...)

It based on 1.29.

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

Push Vol Down + Power doesn't work on my device! WTF ? :p:confused:

Please read #29 in this forum! Vol down + Power, one vibration and you are in fastboot mode!

GiantNutz

Aug 29, 2014
I have also a problem with .bat file, in cwm nx505j from https: / / onedrive.live.com/?cid=ebdf4095e8cfe783&id=EBDF4095E8CFE783!114 there is only one .bat file named ÁŃ+ĎTóLŰrecovery and doesn't work well...

It works perfectly on my computers, be sure you have installed the drivers and rooted your phone before flashing cwm.
Please do not reply here, I do not check and also it's completely off topic. Reply in the linked thread instead.

UPDATE:
You're right I missed 1 step in the process, fixed.

Last edited:

PhilouDeLyon

Dec 14, 2009
Chavannes
Help 2..

It unofficial, because it is inland Chinese mobil (I hope temporarily...)

It based on 1.29.

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

Please read #29 in this forum! Vol down + Power, one vibration and you are in fastboot mode!

View attachment 2923507
Please ... help. Error :
E: Failed to verified whole-file signature
E: signture verification failed
Installation aborted...

HELLLPPP

GiantNutz

Aug 29, 2014
Hi every body,

All is clear, Cyanogen + Gapps are OK :)
Avast was the origin of the trouble...

Thanks a lot for this.

Philippe

That is great to hear Philippe,
I've added your report to the list of updates on the original thread. h t t p : / / androidpit.com/forum/617128/nx505j-nubia-z7-max-root-cwm-recovery-and-cm11-rom-tutorial
Please drop in and leave a comment there, also please leave a comment with any bug you find in the ROM so we can fix it in the next release.

Last edited:

guidoux

Oct 15, 2007
paris
Z7 max rooted with CWM and international CM11 ROM

I got my Z7 max from ET in china. LTE works fine in France (Orange) .
The problem: I wanted to root the ROM (international version) and it didn't work.

I used the instructions in http://www.androidpit.com/forum/617128/nx505j-nubia-z7-max-root-cwm-recovery-and-cm11-rom-tutorial
http:.

This tutorial is referred to in the following.

But I couldn't root with the towelroot.apk as described in , maybe due to the special ROM on my phone. If you can skip step 1.

1. What I did was to install the chinese ROM version 1.38 through recovery mode (volume up +power on) and insatll "update.zip" (

2. then I was able to root (towelroot), install supersupro and reboot

3. I could not go in fastboot mode to change recovery to CWM (volume down+poweron). what I did was to install the "flashify app" and put the CWM recovery.img on my phone. My flashify the recovery was flashed.

4. I rebooted and got the CWM menu. I installed the international CM11 ROM (wipe data/factory) of the tutorial.

5. As "gogle play" was not on the NX505J CM11 ROM edition II (nighly status), I rebooted and installed gapps.zip thru "recovery" then rebooted

6. Everything worked fine except that the "menu" and "back" buttons were not placed ass I am used to ("back" on left)

7. finally to swap "back" and "menu" buttons, I followed the steps given in "http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2005377"

Then everything was allright for me. ROM is OK so far I recommend this phone who has dual sim full hd screen, LTE and is cheap..

All the files I used can be found here: https://mega.co.nz/#F!FBQhxKpY!NJTLD-sk3JkzsD0IaXBzMA

evaldas325

Jul 29, 2011
CM11 NX505J for Z7 Max WARNING

I've tested CM11 for ZTE Nubia Z7 MAX provided by chinese tdbeta forum. Filename is either one with md5sum d8b1adda6a6cb6054bae106fbd25fc0d:
cm11 nx505j II Edition.zip or cm-11-20140901-lwang-nx505j.zip

There is unwanted system application included by author which is not part of CM.
APK: system/app/Statics.apk . Presents itself as System Server 1.4.2, package name com.system.analytics.cpa

You can find a system process running from shell:
Code:
S   UID   PID  PPID   VSZ   RSS TTY   STIME TIME     CMD
S 10057  2644   353  868m 36052 0:0   17:34 00:00:04 .abc

It's set to start on boot, trigger on each app install/deinstall, shutdown. Seems that it collects information about apps installed and reports this information to some remote web service together with imei, serial no and probably some additional private information.
I did not do deep analysis but binary strings suggest that this is unwanted application, for example:
sendtime=
Lcom/system/analytics/cpa/b/b/b;
http://622b6.romdu.com
god28id732ea
kay72no139tr
ro.boot.serialno
ro.serialno

I recommend disabling or removing this application (System Server 1.4.2) immediately if you're using CM11 NX505J build by lwang.

EDIT 10-09-2014:
Same warning applies to MoKee build by lwang, filename MK44.4-nx505j-201408231810-lwang.zip with md5sum 4559e08b8874b7176036c9740f803eb5.

Last edited:

adogg222

Jan 21, 2011
LTE on T-Mobile USA

Some of the earlier messages in this thread discussed using LTE, but I'm not sure if we ever got a solid yes/no... Can someone confirm that this phone will indeed work on T-Mobile USA, and can use their LTE?

Thanks!!

Can't wait to buy this baby!

lazsosz

Jan 1, 2009
Some of the earlier messages in this thread discussed using LTE, but I'm not sure if we ever got a solid yes/no... Can someone confirm that this phone will indeed work on T-Mobile USA, and can use their LTE?

Thanks!!

Can't wait to buy this baby!

It can work LTE 1800 / 2100 / 2600 :(

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CM11 NX505J for Z7 Max WARNING

I've tested CM11 for ZTE Nubia Z7 MAX provided by chinese tdbeta forum. Filename is either one with md5sum d8b1adda6a6cb6054bae106fbd25fc0d:
    cm11 nx505j II Edition.zip or cm-11-20140901-lwang-nx505j.zip

There is unwanted system application included by author which is not part of CM.
    APK: system/app/Statics.apk . Presents itself as System Server 1.4.2, package name com.system.analytics.cpa

You can find a system process running from shell:
    Code:
    S   UID   PID  PPID   VSZ   RSS TTY   STIME TIME     CMD
    S 10057  2644   353  868m 36052 0:0   17:34 00:00:04 .abc

It's set to start on boot, trigger on each app install/deinstall, shutdown. Seems that it collects information about apps installed and reports this information to some remote web service together with imei, serial no and probably some additional private information.
    I did not do deep analysis but binary strings suggest that this is unwanted application, for example:
    sendtime=
    Lcom/system/analytics/cpa/b/b/b;
    http://622b6.romdu.com
    god28id732ea
    kay72no139tr
    ro.boot.serialno
    ro.serialno

I recommend disabling or removing this application (System Server 1.4.2) immediately if you're using CM11 NX505J build by lwang.

EDIT 10-09-2014:
    Same warning applies to MoKee build by lwang, filename MK44.4-nx505j-201408231810-lwang.zip with md5sum 4559e08b8874b7176036c9740f803eb5.
    I wrote a guide here if you need it
    h t t p : / / androidpit.com/forum/617128/nubia-z7-max-root-cwm-recovery-and-cm11-rom-tutorial
    New rom stock v3.22 nubia-z7-max-v3-22/ :good: :good:
    The 1.41 rom improved battery performance significantly, with light usage the phone lasts more than 4 days.

I get 2 full days with heavy usage, bright screen setting and everything turned on(wifi, bluetooth, 3g/4g). Really happy with the battery life on this phone.
    Short Review

Coming from Nokia 3210, Moto Razr V3x, Nokia E61, Samsung P780, HTC HD2, iPhone 4, Lenovo S890, Lenovo P780, Alcatel Idol X, LeMoto K910 and previously Huawei Honor 3C.

Got the ZTE Nubia Z7 Max unit from Lazada with RM150 discount at RM1,149. Playing for 24-hour already... It's rooted 4.4.2 KitKat under NX505J_CNCommon_V1.32 ROM. Here's my comments about this unit:

A = Android = NubiaUI 2.0 KitKat is acceptable. Lots of junk apps out of the box. After rooted, can be frozen/uninstalled.
    B = Body-Built = ZTE managed to make the plastic feel 'acceptable'. Buttons are nicely placed and decent feedback. Capacitive buttons with interchangable functions (menu vs back) are a welcome feature. Thickness and weight are comfortable. 3rd party casing and screen protectors is encouraged but I leave my unit naked.
    C = Call quality = Second place after my previous Moto RAZR V3x. You can get reception even inside elevator or basement one.
    D = Data = LTE modules for both micro-SIM 1 & 2 are the best out of all phones I've own. Previously the record was held by Huawei Honor 3C. Bluetooth is stable too.
    E = Email = Email client is flexible compared to other Android-based phones. It works as intended.
    F = Free-apps = None which is shame. I was hoping lifetime WhatsApp license just like the Alcatel Idol X.
    G = Games = As expected, heavy titles are not an issue with Snapdragon 801 and Andreno 330.
    H = Hangouts = Video call for Skype, Google Hangouts, Tango etc. is superb for 5MP front facing camera.
    I = Internet = AOSP browser is smooth. No checker-board effect on heavy websites.
    J = Juice = 3100mAh = "Decent". Claimed talk-time, stand-by time, etc. are achievable for dual-standby-micro-SIM LTE phone. Power consumption during idle state is 2% from 11pm to 5am. Daily usage can threaten my previous LeMoto P780.
    K = Kamasutra :p = Phone vibrates with notification/ringtone. Vibrating sensation is above average. Ladies may use it for other purpose(s)... LOL...
    L = Loudspeaker = The loudest out of all my previous models. DTS manipulation is pushing the loudspeaker further. But crack if treble is too high. Bass is above average.
    M = Music = Again the DTS technology does its magic. Headphone/earphone usage is encouraged.
    N = Navigation = Working as expected. Lock satellite within 10 seconds. Waze and Google Maps are working normally, even indoors.
    O = One-hand Operation = I have "big" hands and "long" fingers ;) No further comment.
    P = Picture = 13MP is exceptional packed with standard camera features/modes. Dept-of-Field feature withadjustable lighting condition is one of its kind.
    Q = Quirks = tap-hold to bring cut-copy-paste-select does not aligned properly and difficult to tap. But this can be improved in their next ROM release.
    R = Rooting = Super-duper-hyper EASYYYYYYYYY. TowelRoot is the one-click rooting tool. Mod ROM is also available but not purely ROW ROM.
    S = Sound = Earphone sound is OK. Speaker-phone is OK too but crack if too loud. The DTS manipulates the sound brilliantly.
    T = Texting = Stock android keyboard should be replaced with Google keyboard.
    U = User-Interface = smooth & flexible with various themes to choose. Thanks to the 2GB RAM.
    V = Video = Capturing 1080P video is acceptable. 4K is limited to 4 minutes due to overheating. Auto-focus is acceptable.
    W = WiFi = The best out of all smartphones that I have own. Previously was Huawei Honor 3C. Others only manage to get 1-2 bars in my basement floor test. But z7 Max captures 5 full bars without fail. Honor 3C gets 4 bars.
    X = X-factors = For dual-micro-SIM LTE phone with 2GB RAM supported by 32GB onboard storage is worth every penny. Strong voice/data/Wi-Fi reception is a desperate move for those who live in the outskirts or camping sites. Gamers will like this unit too.
    Y = YouTube = The 5.5" IPS screen accompanied by excellent LTE connection is surely an enjoyable experience.
    Z = Zero-figure. Imported from People Republic of China (PRC) unit at Malaysia Ringgit RM1,149-point-zero-zero is a smart investment with high internal specs.

CONCLUSION : Buy it if you are looking for high-spec phone having dual-micro-SIM LTE support. Gonna clinging to this unit until Huawei Ascent Mate 7 or LeMoto Vibe Z2 pro dual-SIM is available in local market.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone