[HELP] New ZTE Nubia z7 MAX

Search This thread

Wywern.pl

Oct 20, 2011
Wroclaw
Is there possibility to set "always ask" as default card?
in my ZTE v970 and v 987 that ment that for every call and every contact, system asked from which card it should be done. In Nubia I don't see such option.

I can't connect to data network, what should I set in "prefer network list" field - its empty, and I can't see a way to set anything there

Last edited:

SteliosAl

Sep 6, 2011
Been using the version 1.41 for the past 24 hours. Lots of improvements especially the camera performance. Others are minor but noticeable. Good job ZTE. Keep up the pace...

Is the 1.41 rootable with towelroot? My phone will come with the international rom and i want to reset and install the chinese rom as the international does not update! Is the english language ok on the chinese 1.41 rom? everything in english?
Thank you

Last edited:

azeemzuhair

Jul 4, 2014
forum.lowyat.net
Is the 1.41 rootable with towelroot? My phone will come with the international rom and i want to reset and install the chinese rom as the international does not update! Is the english language ok on the chinese 1.41 rom? everything in english?
Thank you

Yes, 1.41 is rooted by TowelRoot.

English is 90%. Only the ringtones names are in Chinese.

lazsosz

Jan 1, 2009
Thank you

You can root by towelroot, but if you setted up CWM recovery you could use supersu via CWM.

Last edited:

TheKingKong

Jul 8, 2014
1st time attempting any modification to mobiles. Have never tried rooting before.

I definitely want Google apps on my phone, and install directly from google play.
Bought direct from Nubia.cn

Questions:
1) Do I really need CM11 ? Or can I just stick to the stock rom, but root it for GAPPs?

2) If I only want to root it, but stick to stock rom, do I need SuperSU?

3) Clarifying the steps needed for a phone just unpackaged
a) Reset to factory default (which should wipe the phone)
b) Update to newest 1.41 via http://www.nubia.cn/service.php?sid=5
c) Download towelroot and supersu, and install
d) download GAPPS and install.

hvis1608

Jul 30, 2008
While updating via OTA from 1.29 to 1.38, it downloads well, but when I reboot I got the error at: Verifying current system... "/system/framework/com.google.widevine.software.drm.jar" has unexpected contents. E:Error in /data/dm/delta/system.delta (Status 7) Installation aborted.
To solve this I did the following:
I replaced the com.google.widevine.software.drm.jar and related odex with the ones of the 'update.zip', since it seems that the gapps app altered these. . I now updated to 1.38 and Google play is working.

However it did NOT solve the automatic call answer problem that I seem to have with my Nubia Z7 max? Everytime I get a call my phone automatically answers it by displaying the big contact screen. I checked everything, tried everything including clearing data, cache in settings, apps, phone which makes the problem dissapear after a reboot for a few minutes. Apparently something is being launched after boot up which triggers this. Very annoying.

Update1:
Unfortunately upgrade to 1.41 failed. It takes ages to download 146 mb (my internet connection is fast so it must be a problem over there) and when I tried to upgrade I got errors similar to the previous case.Will try again, take pictures of the screen to see what file causes the upgrade to fail this time. But it will take a while (downloading)....
Read on other fora that with 1.41 no root would be possible and thus no option to install GAPPs. Hence I will not upgrade until that is sorted. Does any of your have experience with 1.41, rooting it and GAPPs? Thanks for letting me know

Update2:
Found the cause for the autoanswering problem, this was due to an old phone weaver setting in the 'car' mode where I had selected 'auto answer' and 'speaker on' while on the 'day' mode I kept the option 'no change' for both. Result after it was once in a car mode it kept auto answer and speaker on. Silly me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr zombo

mikajlo1

Jun 1, 2009
Update1:
Unfortunately upgrade to 1.41 failed. It takes ages to download 146 mb (my internet connection is fast so it must be a problem over there) and when I tried to upgrade I got errors similar to the previous case.Will try again, take pictures of the screen to see what file causes the upgrade to fail this time. But it will take a while (downloading)....
Read on other fora that with 1.41 no root would be possible and thus no option to install GAPPs. Hence I will not upgrade until that is sorted. Does any of your have experience with 1.41, rooting it and GAPPs? Thanks for letting me know
1.41 is 724MB

Dr zombo

Jun 4, 2012
While updating via OTA from 1.29 to 1.38, it downloads well, but when I reboot I got the error at: Verifying current system... "/system/framework/com.google.widevine.software.drm.jar" has unexpected contents. E:Error in /data/dm/delta/system.delta (Status 7) Installation aborted.
To solve this I did the following:
I replaced the com.google.widevine.software.drm.jar and related odex with the ones of the 'update.zip', since it seems that the gapps app altered these. . I now updated to 1.38 and Google play is working.

However it did NOT solve the automatic call answer problem that I seem to have with my Nubia Z7 max? Everytime I get a call my phone automatically answers it by displaying the big contact screen. I checked everything, tried everything including clearing data, cache in settings, apps, phone which makes the problem dissapear after a reboot for a few minutes. Apparently something is being launched after boot up which triggers this. Very annoying.

Update1:

Update2:
Found the cause for the autoanswering problem, this was due to an old phone weaver setting in the 'car' mode where I had selected 'auto answer' and 'speaker on' while on the 'day' mode I kept the option 'no change' for both. Result after it was once in a car mode it kept auto answer and speaker on. Silly me.

1.41 is 724MB

What about the not being able to root or install gapps ? any more info about this ? any solutions?
(i've got a zte nubia z7 max arriving any day now, wondering if i should avoid updating)

azeemzuhair

Jul 4, 2014
forum.lowyat.net
1.41 stock can be rooted

If u upgraded from the stock 1.41 ROM (ie 724MB), TowelRoot is the app to root and GMSToolkit for GAPPs.

You can't upgrade directly OTA (ie 146MB) because the stock Nubia recovery was replaced by CWM. If you still insist to OTA to reach 1.41, find your way to replace CWM to Nubia stock recovery first.

hvis1608

Jul 30, 2008
How to check that I have CWM since I am not sure that I have that

---------- Post added at 11:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 PM ----------

Can I upgrade via the co pledge package without losing apps data etc?

azeemzuhair

Jul 4, 2014
forum.lowyat.net
How to check that I have CWM since I am not sure that I have that

---------- Post added at 11:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 PM ----------

Can I upgrade via the co pledge package without losing apps data etc?

1) I received the same error when trying to OTA to 1.41. The CWM recovery could not execute the 124MB OTA file.
2) Eerrrrrr.... What is "co pledge package" ?

azeemzuhair

Jul 4, 2014
forum.lowyat.net
Your scenario is equally the same as mine. When I've got my unit, out of the box, it came with ROM version 1.32. BY then, there was a new OTA update to 1.38 but the OTA update failed due to CWM that was in the phone. I was continuing using 1.32 until Nubia.cn release 1.41 full package. Download it and flash it via SD card method.

My previous apps still intact and working as usual. But I lost root as well as GAPPs. So, had to root using TowelRoot and install GMSToolkit to get back Google services. Now, the Z7 MAX is kicking well and awaiting for the next ROM update from Nubia.cn.

Last edited:

OpenMinded

Oct 26, 2006
It was asked before but not answered asfaik: what is the password for the baidu 1.41. link?
I am on 1.38 and I think the software is way to buggy.
Among other things the name of a caller is not shown, just the number when someone rings.
Anyone else has that?
Hoping for a 1.41 CWM version :).
[update]
Found password by googling: phhl

Last edited:

Z7max&Free

Sep 28, 2014
Z7 max chez Free

hello ! i just received some days ago my Z7 Max from lenteen.fr, this phone is just ****ing awsome! without doing anything, my phone is stock rooted, with all gapps installed (full package) with a rom multilingual (the Nubia ROM, without any chinese bloat,

by the way, in the network setting you can choose on what kind of network (HDD-LTE, FD-LTE, CDWMA, GSM...) you wanna work by order of preferance LTE/CDWMA/GSM by example.. i have the 4G everywhere ! this is possible with the Free Mobile network (HDD-LTE) .

On the "free config panel" by logging on the website interface the 4G is not activated because he say that my phone is not compatible with this kind of network (of course this is not true but Free Mobile don't recognize the phone as a 4G one)

i also was a iD to modify the build.prop with a editor to change the phone model and let the network believe that this is another phone, such as a Galaxy S5 who work without any mod on the network.

bye bye everybody

Salut,

J'ai commandé moi aussi un Z7 max chez Lenteen afin de bénéficier de la 4G mais surtout des 20GO de données offerts au lieu des 3GµO avec un appareil non 4G.
Or à la lecture de ton post, j'ai un frisson dans le dos....Le Z7 max n'est pas reconnu comme appareil 4G sur le réseau FREE ?
Il faut modifier le nom du modèle dans le build.prop....comment on fait ça ? c'est chaud comme manip pour un utilisateur lambda ....

Merci pour tes conseils.
Cordialement

TheKingKong

Jul 8, 2014
1st time attempting any modification to mobiles. Have never tried rooting before.

I definitely want Google apps on my phone, and install directly from google play.
Bought direct from Nubia.cn

Questions:
1) Do I really need CM11 ? Or can I just stick to the stock rom, but root it for GAPPs?

2) If I only want to root it, but stick to stock rom, do I need SuperSU?

3) Clarifying the steps needed for a phone just unpackaged
a) Reset to factory default (which should wipe the phone)
b) Update to newest 1.41 via http://www.nubia.cn/service.php?sid=5
c) Download towelroot and supersu, and install
d) download GAPPS and install.
Could anyone please advise on the above?
Just received the phone :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CM11 NX505J for Z7 Max WARNING

I've tested CM11 for ZTE Nubia Z7 MAX provided by chinese tdbeta forum. Filename is either one with md5sum d8b1adda6a6cb6054bae106fbd25fc0d:
    cm11 nx505j II Edition.zip or cm-11-20140901-lwang-nx505j.zip

There is unwanted system application included by author which is not part of CM.
    APK: system/app/Statics.apk . Presents itself as System Server 1.4.2, package name com.system.analytics.cpa

You can find a system process running from shell:
    Code:
    S   UID   PID  PPID   VSZ   RSS TTY   STIME TIME     CMD
    S 10057  2644   353  868m 36052 0:0   17:34 00:00:04 .abc

It's set to start on boot, trigger on each app install/deinstall, shutdown. Seems that it collects information about apps installed and reports this information to some remote web service together with imei, serial no and probably some additional private information.
    I did not do deep analysis but binary strings suggest that this is unwanted application, for example:
    sendtime=
    Lcom/system/analytics/cpa/b/b/b;
    http://622b6.romdu.com
    god28id732ea
    kay72no139tr
    ro.boot.serialno
    ro.serialno

I recommend disabling or removing this application (System Server 1.4.2) immediately if you're using CM11 NX505J build by lwang.

EDIT 10-09-2014:
    Same warning applies to MoKee build by lwang, filename MK44.4-nx505j-201408231810-lwang.zip with md5sum 4559e08b8874b7176036c9740f803eb5.
    I wrote a guide here if you need it
    h t t p : / / androidpit.com/forum/617128/nubia-z7-max-root-cwm-recovery-and-cm11-rom-tutorial
    New rom stock v3.22 nubia-z7-max-v3-22/ :good: :good:
    The 1.41 rom improved battery performance significantly, with light usage the phone lasts more than 4 days.

I get 2 full days with heavy usage, bright screen setting and everything turned on(wifi, bluetooth, 3g/4g). Really happy with the battery life on this phone.
    Short Review

Coming from Nokia 3210, Moto Razr V3x, Nokia E61, Samsung P780, HTC HD2, iPhone 4, Lenovo S890, Lenovo P780, Alcatel Idol X, LeMoto K910 and previously Huawei Honor 3C.

Got the ZTE Nubia Z7 Max unit from Lazada with RM150 discount at RM1,149. Playing for 24-hour already... It's rooted 4.4.2 KitKat under NX505J_CNCommon_V1.32 ROM. Here's my comments about this unit:

A = Android = NubiaUI 2.0 KitKat is acceptable. Lots of junk apps out of the box. After rooted, can be frozen/uninstalled.
    B = Body-Built = ZTE managed to make the plastic feel 'acceptable'. Buttons are nicely placed and decent feedback. Capacitive buttons with interchangable functions (menu vs back) are a welcome feature. Thickness and weight are comfortable. 3rd party casing and screen protectors is encouraged but I leave my unit naked.
    C = Call quality = Second place after my previous Moto RAZR V3x. You can get reception even inside elevator or basement one.
    D = Data = LTE modules for both micro-SIM 1 & 2 are the best out of all phones I've own. Previously the record was held by Huawei Honor 3C. Bluetooth is stable too.
    E = Email = Email client is flexible compared to other Android-based phones. It works as intended.
    F = Free-apps = None which is shame. I was hoping lifetime WhatsApp license just like the Alcatel Idol X.
    G = Games = As expected, heavy titles are not an issue with Snapdragon 801 and Andreno 330.
    H = Hangouts = Video call for Skype, Google Hangouts, Tango etc. is superb for 5MP front facing camera.
    I = Internet = AOSP browser is smooth. No checker-board effect on heavy websites.
    J = Juice = 3100mAh = "Decent". Claimed talk-time, stand-by time, etc. are achievable for dual-standby-micro-SIM LTE phone. Power consumption during idle state is 2% from 11pm to 5am. Daily usage can threaten my previous LeMoto P780.
    K = Kamasutra :p = Phone vibrates with notification/ringtone. Vibrating sensation is above average. Ladies may use it for other purpose(s)... LOL...
    L = Loudspeaker = The loudest out of all my previous models. DTS manipulation is pushing the loudspeaker further. But crack if treble is too high. Bass is above average.
    M = Music = Again the DTS technology does its magic. Headphone/earphone usage is encouraged.
    N = Navigation = Working as expected. Lock satellite within 10 seconds. Waze and Google Maps are working normally, even indoors.
    O = One-hand Operation = I have "big" hands and "long" fingers ;) No further comment.
    P = Picture = 13MP is exceptional packed with standard camera features/modes. Dept-of-Field feature withadjustable lighting condition is one of its kind.
    Q = Quirks = tap-hold to bring cut-copy-paste-select does not aligned properly and difficult to tap. But this can be improved in their next ROM release.
    R = Rooting = Super-duper-hyper EASYYYYYYYYY. TowelRoot is the one-click rooting tool. Mod ROM is also available but not purely ROW ROM.
    S = Sound = Earphone sound is OK. Speaker-phone is OK too but crack if too loud. The DTS manipulates the sound brilliantly.
    T = Texting = Stock android keyboard should be replaced with Google keyboard.
    U = User-Interface = smooth & flexible with various themes to choose. Thanks to the 2GB RAM.
    V = Video = Capturing 1080P video is acceptable. 4K is limited to 4 minutes due to overheating. Auto-focus is acceptable.
    W = WiFi = The best out of all smartphones that I have own. Previously was Huawei Honor 3C. Others only manage to get 1-2 bars in my basement floor test. But z7 Max captures 5 full bars without fail. Honor 3C gets 4 bars.
    X = X-factors = For dual-micro-SIM LTE phone with 2GB RAM supported by 32GB onboard storage is worth every penny. Strong voice/data/Wi-Fi reception is a desperate move for those who live in the outskirts or camping sites. Gamers will like this unit too.
    Y = YouTube = The 5.5" IPS screen accompanied by excellent LTE connection is surely an enjoyable experience.
    Z = Zero-figure. Imported from People Republic of China (PRC) unit at Malaysia Ringgit RM1,149-point-zero-zero is a smart investment with high internal specs.

CONCLUSION : Buy it if you are looking for high-spec phone having dual-micro-SIM LTE support. Gonna clinging to this unit until Huawei Ascent Mate 7 or LeMoto Vibe Z2 pro dual-SIM is available in local market.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone