[HELP] New ZTE Nubia z7 MAX

Search This thread

dancrow

Nov 26, 2012
3G/4G switch

Hello guys!
I would like to buy this phone in the near feature.
I read this forum from the first page to the last one, and as I understand, this phone supports 3G/4G SIM switch.
My questions are:
1. Is it true that both SIMs can be set up to work on 3G or 4G network (not in the same time, off course :p ) ?
2. Can I set up 4G on SIM1 and 3G on SIM2 (for example) in the same time?
Thanks!

pilililo2

Jan 27, 2012
Santiago de Compostela
I think only 2G on one sim and 3G/4G on the other. And to the first question, yes, both can be 3G/4G but not at the same time.

Can someone please tell me how to update to 1.41? Update reboots and starts updating but throws an error and reboots without updating. I have stock nubia recovery and rooted phone.

Reactions: dancrow

pilililo2

Jan 27, 2012
Santiago de Compostela
Well i already got it installed, but not that way.
For people that want to stay with stock recovery, just unroot, put full update (~725mB) and in fota updater choose local update and its done! root with towelroot and use gms tools to get gapps again.

pilililo2

Jan 27, 2012
Santiago de Compostela
Coming from a F***NG ****ty THL T100S, this phone is a beastly machine, has everything you can ask, everything is perfect. And for a perfect price. 281 Euros for me.

By the way, has anyone tried installing xposed on 1.41?

pilililo2

Jan 27, 2012
Santiago de Compostela
I got it from Antelife.com, although be warned, if you search for antelife.con reviews in google, they arent too positive... So be careful. Although my phone came new and untouched and works perfectly. I had it shipped through DHL. I also had to pay customs since they didnt declare a price in the manifest....

Reactions: dancrow

pilililo2

Jan 27, 2012
Santiago de Compostela
I had the multilingual unofficial one from August, I cant remember the version number but it was weird. I already had Nubia Recovery so I left it as is and installed 725mB full 1.41 update via SD from the FOTA app and voilá.

Dr zombo

Jun 4, 2012
I had the multilingual unofficial one from August, I cant remember the version number but it was weird. I already had Nubia Recovery so I left it as is and installed 725mB full 1.41 update via SD from the FOTA app and voilá.

did it stay multilingual & did you keep gapps ?

pilililo2

Jan 27, 2012
Santiago de Compostela
No it did not say multilingual but it had about 60 languages when the official rom only has chinese and english so... yeah it was the unoffcial multilingual rom. Yes you keep the gapps after upgrading but they dont work anymore after upgrade so you have to use gms tools to get gapps again.

GeoWDM

Oct 7, 2014
Wait a minute, I think that is garbage text from the build?

What are those numbers and password looking items? If they were your password I would be alarmed but they appear to be code from the build that are not known what they represent.
I wire sharked the build and I am not seeing any personal info only collections of real telemetry from the phone and the numbers you are showing as far as I can tell are unused asset tag numbers.
I am working to help him get his build as official CyanogenMod build and we are close to getting all the bugs out in Version 5. I hope to have the source posted for Version 1 or 2 very soon. If I am wrong and there is a keylogger, please tell me how to repeat the exploit and I will promptly delete this message once I can repeat the exploit which sends personal data from the phone to Wang.

hvis1608

Jul 30, 2008

Did you copy 'update.zip' to the SD card or did you have to unzip it first copying the whole package to the SD card?

hvis1608

Jul 30, 2008
Did you copy 'update.zip' to the SD card or did you have to unzip it first copying the whole package to the SD card?
Found what I did wrong. Copied the zip file to SD but did not rename it to update.zip. So I managed to upgrade it. Do note that it can take a very, very long time (in my case almost 10 minutes) before the optimizing is finished. But the keyboard is gone so I can no longer type my password to get in the phone. Does any of you know of an alternative/solution for this?

Last edited:

pilililo2

Jan 27, 2012
Santiago de Compostela
I downlaoded the 1.41 package from needrom and renamed it to update.zip of course without unziping it and the flashed it via local ota. Keyboard was there. So if you dont have keyboard try redownlaoding it from needrom and reflashing. Maybe it fixes. All went well with mine.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CM11 NX505J for Z7 Max WARNING

I've tested CM11 for ZTE Nubia Z7 MAX provided by chinese tdbeta forum. Filename is either one with md5sum d8b1adda6a6cb6054bae106fbd25fc0d:
    cm11 nx505j II Edition.zip or cm-11-20140901-lwang-nx505j.zip

There is unwanted system application included by author which is not part of CM.
    APK: system/app/Statics.apk . Presents itself as System Server 1.4.2, package name com.system.analytics.cpa

You can find a system process running from shell:
    Code:
    S   UID   PID  PPID   VSZ   RSS TTY   STIME TIME     CMD
    S 10057  2644   353  868m 36052 0:0   17:34 00:00:04 .abc

It's set to start on boot, trigger on each app install/deinstall, shutdown. Seems that it collects information about apps installed and reports this information to some remote web service together with imei, serial no and probably some additional private information.
    I did not do deep analysis but binary strings suggest that this is unwanted application, for example:
    sendtime=
    Lcom/system/analytics/cpa/b/b/b;
    http://622b6.romdu.com
    god28id732ea
    kay72no139tr
    ro.boot.serialno
    ro.serialno

I recommend disabling or removing this application (System Server 1.4.2) immediately if you're using CM11 NX505J build by lwang.

EDIT 10-09-2014:
    Same warning applies to MoKee build by lwang, filename MK44.4-nx505j-201408231810-lwang.zip with md5sum 4559e08b8874b7176036c9740f803eb5.
    I wrote a guide here if you need it
    h t t p : / / androidpit.com/forum/617128/nubia-z7-max-root-cwm-recovery-and-cm11-rom-tutorial
    New rom stock v3.22 nubia-z7-max-v3-22/ :good: :good:
    The 1.41 rom improved battery performance significantly, with light usage the phone lasts more than 4 days.

I get 2 full days with heavy usage, bright screen setting and everything turned on(wifi, bluetooth, 3g/4g). Really happy with the battery life on this phone.
    Short Review

Coming from Nokia 3210, Moto Razr V3x, Nokia E61, Samsung P780, HTC HD2, iPhone 4, Lenovo S890, Lenovo P780, Alcatel Idol X, LeMoto K910 and previously Huawei Honor 3C.

Got the ZTE Nubia Z7 Max unit from Lazada with RM150 discount at RM1,149. Playing for 24-hour already... It's rooted 4.4.2 KitKat under NX505J_CNCommon_V1.32 ROM. Here's my comments about this unit:

A = Android = NubiaUI 2.0 KitKat is acceptable. Lots of junk apps out of the box. After rooted, can be frozen/uninstalled.
    B = Body-Built = ZTE managed to make the plastic feel 'acceptable'. Buttons are nicely placed and decent feedback. Capacitive buttons with interchangable functions (menu vs back) are a welcome feature. Thickness and weight are comfortable. 3rd party casing and screen protectors is encouraged but I leave my unit naked.
    C = Call quality = Second place after my previous Moto RAZR V3x. You can get reception even inside elevator or basement one.
    D = Data = LTE modules for both micro-SIM 1 & 2 are the best out of all phones I've own. Previously the record was held by Huawei Honor 3C. Bluetooth is stable too.
    E = Email = Email client is flexible compared to other Android-based phones. It works as intended.
    F = Free-apps = None which is shame. I was hoping lifetime WhatsApp license just like the Alcatel Idol X.
    G = Games = As expected, heavy titles are not an issue with Snapdragon 801 and Andreno 330.
    H = Hangouts = Video call for Skype, Google Hangouts, Tango etc. is superb for 5MP front facing camera.
    I = Internet = AOSP browser is smooth. No checker-board effect on heavy websites.
    J = Juice = 3100mAh = "Decent". Claimed talk-time, stand-by time, etc. are achievable for dual-standby-micro-SIM LTE phone. Power consumption during idle state is 2% from 11pm to 5am. Daily usage can threaten my previous LeMoto P780.
    K = Kamasutra :p = Phone vibrates with notification/ringtone. Vibrating sensation is above average. Ladies may use it for other purpose(s)... LOL...
    L = Loudspeaker = The loudest out of all my previous models. DTS manipulation is pushing the loudspeaker further. But crack if treble is too high. Bass is above average.
    M = Music = Again the DTS technology does its magic. Headphone/earphone usage is encouraged.
    N = Navigation = Working as expected. Lock satellite within 10 seconds. Waze and Google Maps are working normally, even indoors.
    O = One-hand Operation = I have "big" hands and "long" fingers ;) No further comment.
    P = Picture = 13MP is exceptional packed with standard camera features/modes. Dept-of-Field feature withadjustable lighting condition is one of its kind.
    Q = Quirks = tap-hold to bring cut-copy-paste-select does not aligned properly and difficult to tap. But this can be improved in their next ROM release.
    R = Rooting = Super-duper-hyper EASYYYYYYYYY. TowelRoot is the one-click rooting tool. Mod ROM is also available but not purely ROW ROM.
    S = Sound = Earphone sound is OK. Speaker-phone is OK too but crack if too loud. The DTS manipulates the sound brilliantly.
    T = Texting = Stock android keyboard should be replaced with Google keyboard.
    U = User-Interface = smooth & flexible with various themes to choose. Thanks to the 2GB RAM.
    V = Video = Capturing 1080P video is acceptable. 4K is limited to 4 minutes due to overheating. Auto-focus is acceptable.
    W = WiFi = The best out of all smartphones that I have own. Previously was Huawei Honor 3C. Others only manage to get 1-2 bars in my basement floor test. But z7 Max captures 5 full bars without fail. Honor 3C gets 4 bars.
    X = X-factors = For dual-micro-SIM LTE phone with 2GB RAM supported by 32GB onboard storage is worth every penny. Strong voice/data/Wi-Fi reception is a desperate move for those who live in the outskirts or camping sites. Gamers will like this unit too.
    Y = YouTube = The 5.5" IPS screen accompanied by excellent LTE connection is surely an enjoyable experience.
    Z = Zero-figure. Imported from People Republic of China (PRC) unit at Malaysia Ringgit RM1,149-point-zero-zero is a smart investment with high internal specs.

CONCLUSION : Buy it if you are looking for high-spec phone having dual-micro-SIM LTE support. Gonna clinging to this unit until Huawei Ascent Mate 7 or LeMoto Vibe Z2 pro dual-SIM is available in local market.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone